Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Closed Thread

Old 3rd November 2009, 18:46   #31
BHPian

All are good cars. Go by what your heart says after taking the TD.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:50   #32
BHPian

My suggesion would be ANHC S MT,since additonal features in V MT is only for exterior looks.Fog lamps are not that helpful.You can always go for Xenon later.

ANHC is a great trouble free car.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am surprised to see Cedia at bottom of this list.
The OP had listed A.S.S as the first requirement. Mitsubishi service is patchy at best. He plans to keep the car for 5-10 years. We do not know at the moment if they have real long term plans for India. HM's effort seems half hearted despite having a great product. If he has a decent A.S.S nearby, then my list would become.

1. ANHC
2. Fiesta
3. Cedia
4. SX4
5. Linea

Responsive engine and comfort balances out the A.S.S.

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd November 2009 at 18:59.
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:17   #34
BHPian

Default cedia . . . the best choice

go for it . . . the best you could get for the price.

you have:
1. GPS
2. HR rims
3. Momo Steering
4. all the safety (ABS , air bags etc)
5. a bigger engine - will not get exhausted
and to top it; its a drivers car - proof, look at the INRC for the last couple of years.

also HM will not change models as often as other brands . . . and 5 + years is a long term where you may find only this car running . . . and you will find this car running in other markets (country) too !
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:08   #35
BHPian

[quote=AltoHoncho;1563860]IMO I dont think the Fiesta 1.6 comes anyway closer to the 2L Cedia Sports Petrol.

You are right AltoHoncho. The fiesta 1.6 engine is not an average performer either. However, he would be saving 2.5 lakhs straight away if he opts for Fiesta 1.6 S. Also the service of Ford is anyday better than HM.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
1. ANHC
2. Fiesta
3. Cedia
4. SX4
5. Linea
My advice: test drive them all, you never know which one grabs your attention. In my opinion everyone has a different sweet spot depending on their family situation, driving style and notion of value. For me it was clearly the Cedia Sports. You might find that the seating in the SX4 does it for you or perhaps the drivability of the Fiesta. You'll never know till you have test driven them all.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:20   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
If you are ready to wait till Jan '10, might as well wait a month longer for the Toyota Prius, which the company is bringing out on Feb '10 in the 10-lac range.
Considering it is a CBU import, the dual power, etc. I will be very surprised if we get much change for Rs.20L
Old 4th November 2009, 09:43   #38
BHPian

Yes, I know it is a pipedream that the Prius will be launched at 10 lakhs. Had misread some information on the net.

But, the 10-12 lakh range might just be the right price to launch it at, else it will meet the same fate as the Civic hybrid. The 20-25 kmpl mileage for the Prius will not be the only incentive for fat wallets to buy it. (Unless the government does something about the 114% duty, Prius will be deja vu)
Old 4th November 2009, 10:19   #39
BHPian

ANHC V MT any day
My Comments in braces against your requirement :

Price range: Upto Rs.10 Lacs (Fits your budget well)
Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations: Good A.S.S support. (Any doubts to anyone on this!)
Average distance traveled per month: 800 Kms (Ideal petrol vehicle for less running)
Where car will be mostly used: City and rarely on highways (Good on city roads)
Chauffer driven / self driven: Self Driven (Fun to Drive Car)
Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family. Yes (Family car and robust too if multiple driving, however occasionally multiple driving is fine, but I wonít recommend too many people driving )
Any specific requirements from car: Engine should be responsive, comfortable and rear space also should be comfortable. (Car is responsive, rear space is decent too!)
How long you intend on keeping this car and how important resale is to you: min 5 years and max 10 years. Resale not important if I keep it for 10 years. ( 5 yrs or 10 yrs Honda will fetch you the best resale, no overhype I am telling you from what market is demonstrating)
Additionally, I was never a Honda loyalist, all above points were in consideration for me too when I went out to buy a sedan under 10L. The most attractive factor in Honda is Prestige factor(In India) and Piece of mind while ownership !
You will find lot of Honda owners and majority are happy with their possession !
Wish you good luck for your hunt !
Old 4th November 2009, 14:01   #40
BHPian

Just now did the TD of Cedia Sports. Overall good car. No complaints. Driving was wonderfull. But its a sports variant that the issue which will not suit if I will be taking this car for any business purpose or for conferences. Cedia spirit which is costing Rs.996820 on road. But again some of the features are missing.

Now the list is as below:
1. ANHC
2. Fiesta
3. Cedia
4. Optra
5. SX4
Linea is now off my list as what I will do with the beauty when the Interior is poor with very poor plastic parts.

SX4 new one still not available for the TD.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuprav View Post
But its a sports variant that the issue which will not suit if I will be taking this car for any business purpose or for conferences.
There are ample people to argue on this one, I am speechless after reading this "issue"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuprav View Post
Now the list is as below:
1. ANHC
2. Fiesta
3. Cedia
4. Optra
5. SX4
Linea is now off my list as what I will do with the beauty when the Interior is poor with very poor plastic parts.
SX4 new one still not available for the TD.
Amazing to see, with that logic, you're still keeping ANHC and Fiesta in your list.
Old 5th November 2009, 17:23   #42
BHPian

Today just done the TD of AHNC VMT. Found to be good but only four alloys and fifth one normal typre. Manual AC and Stereo with FM (NO CD PLAYER) with USB and AUX. Why pay so much when some of the features are still missing. Also it has low GC.

Now the list is as follows:

1. Cedia

2. Fiesta

Probable list which is still consdering: AHNC, SX4

Optra also ruling it out as GM might phase it out.

How about if I stretch my budget and go for Altis??

Getting confused more and more
Old 5th November 2009, 17:59   #43
BHPian

anuprav, I am proud owner of cedia for the past 2.5 years. Booked Fiesta 1.6 and backed out after cedia TD. I have changed 10 cars in the past 10 years and Cedia is my longest surving car ( 2years +). I am confident that I will not move away from this for the next 2 years atleast. Every day is a new day. There might be many things that are good with other cars on paper that cedia may or may not have. But owning and driving experience of Cedia is something that cannot be told and it has to experienced; which no car can give that feeling for this price. I trusted my heart and I am not regretting it now. The only sore point is re-sale value, which is not an issue because you are going to have it for a long long time.
So go ahead and enjoy motoring through Cedia.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:25   #44
BHPian

My advice would always be on a HONDA or a FIAT. Guess ANHC has taken the market by storm in its segment, so would always be a nice bet any day. Next would be a civic if you can strain your budget a bit. Last would be Linea. Have a peep in to JAZZ also, you can fit in some goodies for the remaining amount.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

Well let me tell you this - try searching for a single negative review of the Cedia on tbhp. You won't find one . Says something about the car!
Closed Thread