| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|30th December 2009, 22:17||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked: 0 Times
Old Esteem vs new Alto
I currently have a 2004 Zen vxi done 32k. I want to buy another car as my Wife also needs a car .
1) Both cars will be used in the city only.
2) My running is 30 KM daily and wife's around 14.
1) Buy new Alto for Wife and use Zen for my use .
+ve :- Can keep this car for 5 years easily.
-ve :- 1) have to wait till april 2010 as Maruti is changing the engine to k series.
2) have to take a loan.
2) One of my friend is selling his 2006 Esteem Vxi (done 40k).
Give zen to wife and keep Esteem for my use.
+ve :- 1) this is a very well maintained car. I can use it for another 3 years.
2) don't have to take a loan as i can pay my friend in multiple installments within 1 year.
-ve :- Not sure whether I will get anything in resale for this car 3 years down the line.
1) My main aim here is to save money in the long run.
2) Don't want to buy another car for at least next 3 years.
Senior member/experts pls help me in choosing the best option.
|30th December 2009, 22:53||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked: 69 Times
Since you already have a hatch in the family, I would suggest go in for the Esteem. I have a 1995 model and can vouch for it's reliability. No, you won't get much for it three years down the line but you won't be paying much for getting one today either !
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Transfering Music System from old Esteem to new Swift!||sam_sant2005||In-Car Entertainment||3||29th June 2010 18:19|
|All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo||sidindica||The Indian Car Scene||25||7th October 2009 11:06|
|Old Indica LEi / New Indica DLS / New Alto LXi||shuvc||Hatchbacks||20||19th February 2008 17:31|
|New tyres for old esteem - Need help||yakkundi||Tyre & Alloy wheel Section||9||6th July 2007 20:54|
|Old Alto/Santro/Zen or new M800??||manish7||Hatchbacks||23||23rd April 2006 00:24|