Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 7th December 2009, 17:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Go for Indica Vista QJD aura, it now has even more improved rear seat comfort with better cushioning, this is applicable to all cars manufactured from november.

How to spot this model? This car has new stereo, which looks lke the manza's and comes WITHOUT USB/ aux-in jack, just a single CD/ MP3 player.

Sorry @jimmyjagga
Sid, is the improved cushioning across the board or only for the QJD Aura ?

And do you know if the stereo can be ordered as a dealer fitment ?
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 17:50   #17
BHPian

My $0.2

If you do not want a boot, I'd suggest the Indica Vista Quadrajet. Mainly because of the improvement in quality that tata has made and the National Engine.

@jimmyjagga - my short ownership report.

My dad is owns a Indigo CS TDi. We bought it right after its release in March 08. An OTR price for the (then) top end LS version was 5L which was too good to be true. Since then it has seen a lot of use. I think now the odo reads ~45K kms of which I have driven very little. And it has not been without problems.

Recently a long trip out-of-town by my parents had to be cut short because the engine kept overheating. The cause of the problem turned out to be a crack that had developed in the radiator (must be this for I cannot remember the exact part) . Apart from this there have been a few niggling problems such as the AC knob malfunctioning. The AC itself malfunctioning and blowing hot air instead of cold. Once in the dead of night somewhere in a forest near hubli, the car concked off and refused to start, turned out to be a loose connection with the starter.

This is all I vaguely remember right now since I have been away from home for long periods most of the time after purchase of this car. I'll check details with Dad tonight and let you know. So the ownership has not been trouble free. It might also be due to the heavy use my Dad puts this car through.

BTW, the car has been regularly sent for servicing and was run in properly. But now Dad wants to get rid of it as soon as possible and had ruled out buying any Tata car - maruti DZire it is for him. I have now persuaded him to atleast take a look at the Manza.

Last edited by gomzi : 7th December 2009 at 17:53.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 17:23   #18

Default Indigo CS (TDI or DICOR) or Should I go for VISTA Quadrajet Aura

I've been driving a Santro since (1999 edition ~ done 80K till now) and am looking for a replacement. My monthly run is on the avg. about 750 kms. I'm looking for a spacious replacement. I'm a six footer and my most comfortable position is with the driver seat pushed back fully. But the
seat pushed back full leaves little space for the people in the back seat (family of 5 adults). 70% of my driving is in 4th / 5th gear - I get 16+ in city on my Santro (worst case ~ 14 kpl).

My budget is under 5 lakhs and I've shortlisted the Indigo CS. Based on my currently monthly run I figured that petrol is best suited. Haven't heard great things about Tata's petrol - so am considering going for CS TDI. I haven't yet taken the TD, but the gear felt little stiff. Need advise on CS TDI, Tata Gearbox. Also I've heard that Tata diesel vehicles get real noisy after a few of years. I hope to keep the new car for atleast 4-5 years. So wouldn't want to drive around in something that sounds like a bucket of
bolts. I had a chance to drive a neighbour's Indica DLS (130 K on Odo) - driving was ok - felt like driving a tank (sturdy beast + lotsa noise ... hope you get what I mean). The gear shifting was not a bother, but wasn't like cutting through butter either. The car interiors had huge panel gaps, not very good on the eye. My Santro is older but has nice tight interiors.

My requirements - roomy, easy city drive, economy of running / maintenance. Did take a look at Manza Aqua Safire ... unfortunately my garage is small for the monster ... a shame. I did consider Swift (not roomy), Ritz (better than swift ... but, still not yet there), GrandePunto (same constraint as swift + fiat service / maintenance & resale value concerns). Have had a Hyundai for long, so not looking at it for the moment. Polo and likes ... too early to tell.

Vista is out of my consideration due to family preference (or non-preference).

Appreciate wise word or two about this from team BHP'ians.
KartRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 10:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Considering your requirements Indigo CS fits your bill perfectly.
Else I would have suggested you Petrol DZire / Ikon, but you say you have parking issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRam View Post
get 16+ in city on my Santro (worst case ~ 14 kpl).
WOW, that's a fantastic mileage in Santro.
my wife's Santro hardly gives 11kmpl in Bangalore city driving conditions
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 10:13   #20

Susrutha ... I guess my mileage is because of my driving route ...

Quote:
70% of my driving is in 4th / 5th gear ...
Plus I tank-up at the most reliable gas outlet in Chennai (TVS) - mileage less by 5 -10 percent when I fuel at other outlets (dont quite know why), Switch off engines at signals, check tyre pressure 1'ce a week ...

BTW - Any idea if CS will be released with Saffire or Quadrajet??
Old 13th January 2010, 11:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

no it will not. I doubt if tata will spend more on development of the first gen indica platform, especially since the cost of a QJD CS will push it close to manza costs
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 19:48   #22

Sad to hear about that ...
BTW ... what do you say of CS Petrol?! On the web there is little writing on Petrol version. Mostly I see CS TDI or CS DICOR.

I did find the interiors of CS nicer - lighter dual shades (dont get me wrong) compared to grey staid interiors of 99 Santro.

Also I found the gap between the boot door and the rear windscreen too large ... I could almost big enough to swallow my fist. Is it normal ... or anything to be alarmed about?
Old 27th May 2010, 22:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Sad to hear about that ...
BTW ... what do you say of CS Petrol?! On the web there is little writing on Petrol version. Mostly I see CS TDI or CS DICOR.

I did find the interiors of CS nicer - lighter dual shades (dont get me wrong) compared to grey staid interiors of 99 Santro.

Also I found the gap between the boot door and the rear windscreen too large ... I could almost big enough to swallow my fist. Is it normal ... or anything to be alarmed about?
I don't know if you've already bought the car, but still thought I'd answer.

The CS Petrol eGLX that I test drove was disappointingly underpowered. The 1.2L was a drag in the Indica, and it's worse in the Indigo CS. You'll need to rev the nuts off to wring any performance from it. Surprisingly quiet though. The one I drove was fresh-off the truck, and the engine was really tight. Didn't feel like revving it too much.

The interiors of the new e-series are even better. Better two-tone colors, different for dash and door pads.

As for the gap, look at a few other vehicles in the dealer's lot. If the gap is different on the one you checked, then it's an issue. The gap is large as it is.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 19:59   #24
JLN
BHPian

go for the vista - i have a indica turbo for 5 years - 87000 kms. the rear seat comfort is great - Tata engine lacks a bit in refinement - i keep changing the engine oil every 5000 kms, but can still that engine refinement goes doww after about 3000 kms. The fiat quadrajet would be better than the tata dicor.

Additionally the build quality on the vista is much better than that of the Indigo CS - so rattles etc. would be lower.

By the way: I have been really happy with my Indica - am in the market for a car and would buy a indica vista/manza without a doubt except that the real decision maker - my wife wants a change from Tata.
JLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 20:37   #25
BHPian

Any news about indica vista with instrument panel in right side? Center position is really foolish. TATA has correct this mistake in MANZA, when in vista?
(Alok) is offline   Reply With Quote