Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 19:22   #31
BHPian
 
coolmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

thanks guys for the replies..

I have one query in my mind suppose I go in for either of the cars..Whats the biggest difference between the XM1s and the primacy LCs?? Which is the best one to go for?? Since a 175/65 aint available in the primacy LC version can either of the cars be it the ANHC or the Jazz accomodate the 195/60 size?? if yes then can there be a drop in mileage adversely??

Primacy appears to be a performance based tyre..please somebody throw some light on this..
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 17:28   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,231
Thanked: 813 Times
Default

Since you are planning to have Getz too, I would suggest you to go for CITY which will be a true sedan.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 19:10   #33
BHPian
 
Musicmaker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 145
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

You aren't planning to get rid of the Getz so you'll never let go of the ease of a hatchback in city driving & i think this is something you're looking for in your new car. Your first post in the thread itself shows you haven't liked the cabin of the ANHC. It comes down to this, how happy are you seeing a smaller car (Yes! the jazz IS a hatchback, even if its a great one) from the outside & how comfortable are you sitting in the driver's seat.

The other members have got it spot-on saying a City will definitely be a worthy addition to your garage considering you already own a hatchback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Yep i would love to go ahead with the city AT,the paddle shift gears are truly drool maal. The on road price is 11.15L..
Looking at it objectively, no matter how great, the Jazz doesn't command its otr price of >8L with its puny engine.
I'd urge you to stretch your budget slightly & go for the City V AT!! Drool-worthy, indeed!
Musicmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 21:56   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 228
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

I am in Kerala.I bought a Jazz in Jan10.the ex showroom price was 6.85L plus free insurance.After delivery i took it to a nearby tyre shop,and got a 16" alloy wheel plus Italian morangani tyres for another 35K. the drive is really smooth.the car may be pricey,but if you consider and/ compare various things,the car is really good.
Rameshdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 22:07   #35
BHPian
 
coolmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
You aren't planning to get rid of the Getz so you'll never let go of the ease of a hatchback in city driving & i think this is something you're looking for in your new car. Your first post in the thread itself shows you haven't liked the cabin of the ANHC. It comes down to this, how happy are you seeing a smaller car (Yes! the jazz IS a hatchback, even if its a great one) from the outside & how comfortable are you sitting in the driver's seat.

The other members have got it spot-on saying a City will definitely be a worthy addition to your garage considering you already own a hatchback.



Looking at it objectively, no matter how great, the Jazz doesn't command its otr price of >8L with its puny engine.
I'd urge you to stretch your budget slightly & go for the City V AT!! Drool-worthy, indeed!
Yep its a toss up between the MT and the AT. Have the AT on the radar but yes having a hatch in a city is as practical as it can get.

Can anyone answer my tyre queries please...
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 09:47   #36
BHPian
 
Cyborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 377
Thanked: 226 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
thanks guys for the replies..

I have one query in my mind suppose I go in for either of the cars..Whats the biggest difference between the XM1s and the primacy LCs?? Which is the best one to go for?? Since a 175/65 aint available in the primacy LC version can either of the cars be it the ANHC or the Jazz accomodate the 195/60 size?? if yes then can there be a drop in mileage adversely??
Primacy appears to be a based tyre..please somebody throw some light on this..
Mehul, the Michelin Primacy LC (Luxury Comfort) will give you the best of all worlds. It is supposed to be very comfortable, low noise, good grip and better for FE too.
There will be a marginal punishment on the FE side as you are upsizing the tyres from 175 to 195, but the trade-off is better handling and grip which are required in the City. Honda fits the 175 tyre size to maximize FE.
IMO buy the Honda City AT, change the tyres to 195 Primacy LC and live happily ever after
Cheers.
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 19:51   #37
BHPian
 
coolmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

I got a call from Apex Honda saying they have a new offer going on the 09 models, december make. They are giving the insurance for re.1 and as much as 30k discount, so the onroad price comes down to 7.5L now. This however doesnt include the alloys but includes the kit price( mode and active) which is nearly 20k. I shall still cross check with a few other dealers regd the same.

If this is really on paper then I will get the Jazz right away, and then the City V AT, getting rid of my Getz.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 09:23   #38
BHPian
 
Cyborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 377
Thanked: 226 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I got a call from Apex Honda saying they have a new offer going on the 09 models, december make. They are giving the insurance for re.1 and as much as 30k discount, so the onroad price comes down to 7.5L now. This however doesnt include the alloys but includes the kit price( mode and active) which is nearly 20k. I shall still cross check with a few other dealers regd the same.
If this is really on paper then I will get the Jazz right away, and then the City V AT, getting rid of my Getz.
Sounds good.
However have you checked out the Hyundai i20 1.4 AT? It should be around 8 lacs OTR Mumbai, has a 1.4 litre engine and features which are present in cars upward of 10 lacs. In the i you have only to put sunfilm, everything else comes from the company (alloys, abs, airbags etc).
Cheers
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 12:34   #39
BHPian
 
coolmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Sounds good.
However have you checked out the Hyundai i20 1.4 AT? It should be around 8 lacs OTR Mumbai, has a 1.4 litre engine and features which are present in cars upward of 10 lacs. In the i you have only to put sunfilm, everything else comes from the company (alloys, abs, airbags etc).
Cheers
Cyborg: No mate, dont wish to go for Hyundai again. Already done more than 30k on the Getz. Yes I know the i20 is the only car offering 6 airbags as standard on the AT variant. But again I dont like the way Hyundai does its service. Always caught the supervisors napping.

With regards to the Jazz with that price, the only add ons I shall have to do are sun film, and alloys( have told apex regd the michelins). I really wish to get the Honda alloys but not from Honda. Do you know any place in Mumbai where I shall be able to get em? Attaching two pix for ref:

1. These are hot.

Name:  2009hondacity07.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  51.6 KB

2. These look great as well:

Jazz or City?! Really confused-screenshot20100215at407.png


Note from Support:
Please note that it is compulsory to upload pictures directly to the Team BHP server. Posting images hosted on external servers is strictly prohibited. We would reques you to go through the Rules. Thank You.

Last edited by Dippy : 18th February 2010 at 09:48. Reason: See the note at the end of your post.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:14   #40
BHPian
 
Cyborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 377
Thanked: 226 Times
Default

[quote=coolmel;1737100]With regards to the Jazz with that price, the only add ons I shall have to do are sun film, and alloys( have told apex regd the michelins). I really wish to get the Honda alloys but not from Honda. Do you know any place in Mumbai where I shall be able to get em? Attaching two pix for ref:

Check Milan Subway, there are a lot of shops there selling alloys. League, Lenso, Plati and of course Neo are makes you could look at.
Don't buy them from Honda, the prices are murder.
Cheers
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 13:54   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,326 Times
Default

My take:

If you're ok paying sedan-ish prices for a well engineered super-hatch and your primary requirement for the vehicle can be met by a hatch , buy the Jazz - its a clever little piece of engineering, though expensive in my opinion and its 1.2 engine is small (again my opinion)

Dealers wishing to clear last year's stocks and special deals will help in bringing the prices to a more reasonable level.

Else, just go and plonk for the Honda City since the price differential is not all that great and it IS a larger car, a sedan and has a boot as well as a bigger, better engine.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 21:07   #42
BHPian
 
irdevanand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 90
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

If (you get a whooping discount)
Jazz
Else
City


Dev (ANHC jan 2010)
irdevanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 21:53   #43
BHPian
 
Nitronium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 391
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

We bought a Jazz over a City ( we purchased the invoice for the City before driving the Jazz infact). And it's a decision we've never regretted
Nitronium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 00:25   #44
BHPian
 
coolmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
We bought a Jazz over a City ( we purchased the invoice for the City before driving the Jazz infact). And it's a decision we've never regretted
Thats the same dilemma am facing right now! How was it with you?? What made you tilt towards the Jazz??

Cyborg: Yep I shall be going to Milan subway this weekend to check the alloys out. Which are the best brands to go for? I really want something that is or resembles something in the pix above..The City ones are killer if I get those, nothing like it. If somebody knows where I can get em, pls pm me
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 08:04   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

@coolme
Honda alloys price seem to have come down considerably. Pls check some recent ANHC ownership reports, someone has got Honda alloy for 22k (set of 4). I guess the 7 spoke one is 30K.
On the dilemma, it makes sense to go for Jazz if you are selling the Getz. As a city car, I feel Jazz is a better choice then City. But if you intend to go on highways, City is a much better choice.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Scorpio - 7 or 8 Seater - Really Confused!! Advise chandrda SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 41 23rd May 2015 23:33
Really Confused on buying a new car amandeepmonga Sedans 5 5th January 2007 12:49
Should i go for second hand Palio? Really confused now.. iamkapilb Hatchbacks 5 9th September 2006 00:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:53.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks