Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 18th February 2010, 12:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

@dev: You are referring to the Ford Figo. However, there are good chances of the Fiesta facing a downward price revision once the all new fiesta emerges in 2011.
That will affect resale value.

@iamkapilb: The fiesta doesn't come with underbody coating. You can ask for that.
Do check out the Figo and let us know how you like it. I believe you went over GTO's review.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:50   #17
BHPian

New fiesta is going to be launched by march 2010. Even me waiting for that and will also consider
anuprav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuprav View Post
New fiesta is going to be launched by march 2010. Even me waiting for that and will also consider
I can assure you that there is no new Fiesta coming out in March 2010. You will, however, get the BS4 version of the current Fiesta next month or maybe even this month end. The All New Fiesta will be here by end of 2011 at the earliest.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 15:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I can assure you that there is no new Fiesta coming out in March 2010. You will, however, get the BS4 version of the current Fiesta next month or maybe even this month end. The All New Fiesta will be here by end of 2011 at the earliest.
I think hatch will be launched in 2010, month not sure.
anuprav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 00:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
How will the BS4 version be different than BS3 version? I mean I know its more environment friendly, but does it also affect the power/torque figures?
iamkapilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 08:25   #21
BHPian

OK guys. Thanks for the help. I have made my decision
Since diesel limited edition was not available in Mumbai, i had somehow convinced myself to buy the EXI model - paying extra but not getting the same value.. So went with parents to Bhavna Ford to book the EXI, but then, as a rare case of impulse buying, i booked the ZXI
With corporate discount and some bargaining i could bring the price down to 8L and am getting the following freebies:
1. Garware sunfilm
2. mud flaps + Floor mats

He was also offering teflon coating but i didnt go for it.

Thanks again for helping me out! Will post further details when i get my car in a different thread.
Old 21st February 2010, 08:54   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
Since diesel limited edition was not available in Mumbai, i had somehow convinced myself to buy the EXI model - paying extra but not getting the same value.. So went with parents to Bhavna Ford to book the EXI, but then, as a rare case of impulse buying, i booked the ZXI
With corporate discount and some bargaining i could bring the price down to 8L and am getting the following freebies:
1. Garware sunfilm

Thanks again for helping me out! Will post further details when i get my car in a different thread.
Awesome Choice!
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 09:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuprav View Post
According to the sales guy in Kairali ford, Cochin, the new fiesta will be placed above the present fiesta and both will be sold side by side. "Ford may rename the new fiesta. The reason for this is that customers looking for upgradation from fiesta is now going for other brands" - according to him.
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 09:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
1. Garware sunfilm

Congratulations Kapil !!! You will never regret your decision.

Your story goes almost same as mine.
1. I considered from Spark and ultimately bought Fiesta
2. I did not know driving while booking the car, but I am now driving it confidently after only 1 month of purchase.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 10:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
According to the sales guy in Kairali ford, Cochin, the new fiesta will be placed above the present fiesta and both will be sold side by side. "Ford may rename the new fiesta. The reason for this is that customers looking for upgradation from fiesta is now going for other brands" - according to him.
+
Yes, this can be possible - a new variant of Fiesta with a new name with added features can be expected from Ford. The present Fiesta missing some of the executive features like:

1-Audio control on steering wheel
2-ACC
3-Digital clock
4-Auto transmission
5-Touchscreen 2 Din ICE,including GPS (one similar to the ford endy)
etc (anything I missed?)

With this new upgraded variant, buyers will have more option to select according to their taste/capacity
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 12:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Awesome Choice!
Thank you Mustang 101!

Quote:
According to the sales guy in Kairali ford, Cochin, the new fiesta will be placed above the present fiesta and both will be sold side by side..
Hmm... saw this coming, but i had to buy something now. It was this or the Swift..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Congratulations Kapil !!! You will never regret your decision.

Your story goes almost same as mine.
1. I considered from Spark and ultimately bought Fiesta
2. I did not know driving while booking the car, but I am now driving it confidently after only 1 month of purchase.
Thanks Mayukh! I hope i dont
Even i started from Nano and moved up to Fiesta and similar to your case, even i dont know driving. But of what i have learnt in the past 6 days, its not very difficult.. in fact its very easy compared to riding a bike. Just need to get hang of the increased dimensions..
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the club! For a car with just 68 BHP on paper, the driveability is astounding. You will have lots of fun I bet.

Quote:
This is very much possible. The All New Fiesta is a fantastic looking car and it will probably be positioned in the 11-12 lacs bracket here. Maybe they might call it Focus here. I wonder if they have any plans for the real Focus.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 07:59   #28
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my car yesterday. Unfortunately, didnt get any time to drive it as i had to rush to office. Here are the pics

1.4 Fiesta EXI TDCi or Swift VDi EDIT - Booked Fiesta ZXi-img_7717.jpg

1.4 Fiesta EXI TDCi or Swift VDi EDIT - Booked Fiesta ZXi-img_7719.jpg

Drove it just for a km today after my usual driving class. The problem is my parking space is extremely tight. I guess i will have to put both front and rear parking sensors!
Old 6th March 2010, 08:26   #29
BHPian

Congratulations @iamkapilb!
I had decided I could only afford an Accent, then decided to buy a Fiesta 1.6 EXI Limited Edition & ended up with the ZXI!
After years of driving hatchbacks, I too felt front & rear parking sensors were essential for the Fiesta. However, I was reluctant to drill holes in the bumpers & kept postponing the purchase. Now I am quite comfortable without the sensors. Just be a little careful in the initial weeks & you too should be fine without them.
Happy driving!
nura is offline   Reply With Quote