Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 15th March 2010, 15:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Accent and the 800 gets the boot. Retain the Swift. Your brother could get a premium hatch or a sedan and both of you could exchange your regular rides when you bet bored. Retain the Innova for family trips. It will run for miles and miles without trouble.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 15:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

1) IMO, its makes sense to retain one small car. Out of the two small cars you have I think its better to retain Swift as Swift can be called on to do duty in city as well as highway.

2) Now question of Innova and Accent. Accent already is giving electrical trouble, where as Innova is trouble free. Innova is known to run for more than 2 lakh kms., but similar statement for Accent Petrol is tough to make as compared to Innova.
Accent is a korean petrol which is not one of the best. Swift is available with you for single person/Two passenger/Three passenger driving either on highway or in city.
If you want to carry around more passengers like going out with family, etc. then you will have Innova.

So IMHO, sell off 800 and Accent, retain Swift and Innova.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 16:07   #18
BANNED

Just sell off the 800. Keep the Swift for yourself and Accent for your brother. Spend a little to get the Accent back in shape. Keep the Innova for the family.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 16:49   #19
BHPian

Thanks for the responses.

general opinion is to sell of the Accent and the M800.

Option 1- sell both and buy a sedan.I have Civic in mind

problem with this option- 800 is the car i send my driver to do dirty duties in remote gullies of Ranchi. It is also the car to get people and staff from point A to Point B. it is good car to go to neighboring villages with no roads to speak of.

OPTION 2- Just sell the Accent and keep the money.

This is the most logical option to do.BUT but but all of us want to buy a new car.

OPTION 3 This is my brothers idea. and is not at all practical

sell every thing except swift and buy BMW 320D CE

least probable idea.
dr.abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 17:07   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post

Option 1- sell both and buy a sedan.I have Civic in mind

problem with this option- 800 is the car i send my driver to do dirty duties in remote gullies of Ranchi. It is also the car to get people and staff from point A to Point B. it is good car to go to neighboring villages with no roads to speak of.

This is the most logical option to do.BUT but but all of us want to buy a new car.
Sensibility suggests option 2. Sit on the dough for a while and then put in a little more, go buy that sedan a year or two down the line.

Quote:
OPTION 3 This is my brothers idea. and is not at all practical
sell every thing except swift and buy BMW 320D CE
To hell with sensibility Just go for it !! I've had the most fantastic week of my life with this torque monster yet, and I'm still as kicked as I was on delivery day.

BTW, if you don't - and I assume you don't - have a service workshop closeby for this car, this option is going to create a painful situation. Secondly, if you don't have good roads around, well, painful situation. Thirdly, your driveway will go from having too many cars to too few cars for everyday use. Your flexibility of mobility will be hampered quite a bit.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 15th March 2010 at 17:10.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 17:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Like you have mentioned, this seems to be the most logical option. Nothing wrong in going for a new car. Just that the Civic might not be a good idea with the kind of roads you have mentioned. Heck it can't eve take a decent speed breaker, forget no roads ! Pick some other sedan (how about SX4 VVT)
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 18:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Doc, since you mentioned a Civic & a 320D, here's my suggestion - sell the Innova, Accent & M800 and get a used Toyota Corolla or Altis .

Will serve you well in terms of space & reliability.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 18:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Basically, you are looking for one car for the driver, one for yourself, and one for your brother, and one of these will double up as a family car.
So my suggestion is sell the Accent, your brother can use the Innova as his car and family car, you continue using the Swift, and keep the 800 as the car for the driver.
Also, instead of buying a new car now, keep the money you get from the Accent, and invest it in a new family vehicle 2 years down the line, as a replacement for the Innova, which should have done 1.25-1.5Lkms by then. At that point, you could look at a 20L SUV like a Fortuner or similar, which has space, prestige, and can handle had roads.
If you'll want a new car now, you'll could consider the Fortuner now also, though it makes more sense in 2 years when the Innova has become old.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 18:31   #24
BHPian

Doesnt make sense to buy a car like civic, only to be driven around poor/no roads

Innova and Swift stays

Keep the 800 for the dirty work

Sell off the accent and you can think about another car(lets say aria/innova/xylo) to replace your innova in about 1 or 2 years
athul_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 21:29   #25
BHPian

@Flyingspur : Yes you are right, nearest service station is kolkata quite far away.
Roads here are pathetic. The BMW idea will be painful. BTW, I want beemer in white.

@Longhorn: SX4 and swift are almost the same inside and i hate platform sharing.
No offence to anyone.

@suman da: I never thanked you for those stickers you send me . sorry for being late and Thanks for the stickers.

oh I have never bought a used car and corolla never excited me.

lamborghini : yes this idea makes more sense , buying a car after 2 years or so

@atul s : yes i agree to your idea but with a different choice of cars.
dr.abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 21:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sell the accent and the M800 and wait for the skoda yeti!

It'll suit the road conditions you are mentioning and'll be a more practical option to the civic! Skoda's have a pretty strong image aswell!

Besides it'll be a new and novel car and will feel exclusive on the roads initially!

Hope I've made you more confused

Cheers!

Last edited by anekho : 15th March 2010 at 21:48.
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 02:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

@Dr. abhijeet,

Your brother has good taste

1. Convert the Innova in to an ambulance for your hospital
2. Sell of the M800 & the Accent
3. Retain the Swift as it can easily do the jobs that M800 & Accent are doing.
4. Buy a Pajero

Last edited by khoj : 16th March 2010 at 02:45.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 08:47   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Convert the Innova in to an ambulance for your hospital
5 Star treatment from the word go. BTW I think the Ambulance has to be registered as a public vehicle (yellow plates)

Quote:
Buy a Pajero
Don't think he needs a SUV. The BMW is a better idea.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 10:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@suman da: I never thanked you for those stickers you send me . sorry for being late and Thanks for the stickers.
Hey, you're welcome - time to get the new stickers now, they're way better

Retain the Swift, sell the other three & buy the new Pajero that's rumored to be coming soon!

Last edited by suman : 16th March 2010 at 10:33.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 11:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Well, If the budget ain't a constraint. You can sell off all cars, retain swift, buy Fortuner/GV/Endevour.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote