Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy if you had 5 lakhs to spent?
i10 40 17.32%
Beat 26 11.26%
Figo 71 30.74%
Vista 30 12.99%
Ritz 27 11.69%
Swift 37 16.02%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th January 2011, 06:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: i10, Beat, Figo or Vista - whats your pick?

FIGO TDCi Titanium - without a doubt.
According to me it is the best VFM hatch in the country today for normal usage in city and frankly even on highways with upsized tyres and alloys.
I would only make one modification in it, which is similar to what I ve done in my Dad's Indica. I would enhance the under-thigh support of the front seats by introducing some extra foam padding to extend the seats a bit - add a supporting frame too beneath. also would introduce a little foam pad on the back rest for lower back support.
Else, in my opinion for 2 people with their normal luggage, it is absolutely the perfect little car. I like its looks too, very much.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 22:50   #62
BHPian

Default Figo EX vs Beat LS vs i10 iRDE Magna

Hi,

I am buying a budget hatch in April.

Some things are already decided on the purchase.

- Petrol engine
- Black exterior colour
- Alloy wheels + tyre upgrade
- Dealer fitted fog lamps
- Remote locking + alarm (dealer OR acc shop)
- ICE from my 800 (800 will be used by my father in law)

Most of the features are similar, but I have made the following observations on the shortlisted cars.

- Figo EX: 3.99L (Keyless entry/ HPS/ No tacho/ No rear head rest/4 spkr audio system which can be retrofitted on the 800?)
- Beat LS: 3.79L (60:40 Folding rear seat/ Day-Night mirror/ Parcel shelf/ Adj Rear headrest/ HPS)
- i10 iRDE Magna: 4.03L (Rear PW/ EPS/ Beige interiors)

I value fellow BHPians/present users advice more than a TD. Being in vehicle sales I know that a good SE can influence my decisions.

The car will be driven only by me with my wife as co-driver.

Daily city driving ~25 kms + fortnightly highway drive of ~200 kms + quarterly long drive of ~1000 kms is what i expect to do.

I would have bought a Figo but the mileage has got me thinking. If any Figo owners can confirm the mileage figures, I would be glad to finalise it.

i10 ride is questionable but i expect the alloys & wider rubber will sort it. Advantage of fuel efficiency is a big +.

Beat is the last addition to the list & honestly only thing i hate is the tapering rear end.

HELP PLEASE!
Attached Thumbnails
i10, Beat, Figo or Vista - whats your pick?-hatchwar.jpg  

Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 03:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Figo EX vs Beat LS vs i10 iRDE Magna

If it is boot space that you want, and is your only car, then go in for Figo as it has loads of luggage / boot space. You wont get this in the Beat

This will serve as your typical family car

If it is maintenance and service quality you want, then the Hyundai first and then the Beat

I would have recommended the Beat, as it is got a better and more powerful engine, but prefer the LT trim.

In the end, my vote would be is to go in for the Figo
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 11:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Assuming that you have considered and eliminated all other cars, from this shortlist I would go for the Figo too.
The Beat looks a bit radical, but IMHO the main grouse I have is that its a bit claustrophobic in the rear.
The Figo also has better drive/ handling than Beat or i10
Best wishes for your purchase!

Last edited by selfdrive : 8th March 2011 at 11:55.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 11:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

how about the maruti Ritz? slightly overshoots the prices of these 3 cars that you have shortlisted though
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 12:10   #66
BHPian

Go for the Beat.

Figo petrol is no good. If bicycles had rear view mirrors, the only thing you will see there is Ford Figo petrol. And yes, the warning text would be of NO use. (Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear)

Beat is a very peppy, fun-to-drive car. LS is sufficiently well equipped too. Go for it.
SankalpDesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 12:15   #67
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It is a toss up between the Figo and the Beat.

The Figo seems more practical and the Beat more cool.

A radical way of looking at it / Other points to consider:

Decide the colour first.
If milky white - Figo
If any other metalic colour go for the Beat
i10 maybe in the metalic wine reddish shade or maybe not, at least the new one looks much better that the earlier one.

i10 though a good vehicle is to me a bit over priced for what it offers and would recommend it only if looking for an Auto, where it is the only option in the segment but that implies a higher cost model as well as lower FE.

Figo is likely to have better resale compared to the Beat.

Beat looks much more funky compared to the Figo which looks nice in select colours only. Do you love or hate the Red Figo dash? Which colour dash to you get the model that you have choosen is something that you should consider.

Figo is a half size larger but looks a generation older. Figo is a simpler traditional vehicle with few bits that excite, the beat on the other hand can be quite exciting with the motorbike dials, and the exterior shape as well. Figo feels a more substantial car and can seem to be a hatch from a segment higher while the Beat is clearly in the correct segment and wont feel grand in any way but glamorous yes.

Would suggest that since you have shortlisted the cars, narrow it down to the last two models from the three, then look at the car it in the actual colour that you prefer and finally select the car that tugs at your heart more. They are really evenly matched as a package but the differ significantly in shape. You need to see which of the above values suite you more.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 12:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
The car will be driven only by me with my wife as co-driver.

Daily city driving ~25 kms + fortnightly highway drive of ~200 kms + quarterly long drive of ~1000 kms is what i expect to do.

I would have bought a Figo but the mileage has got me thinking. If any Figo owners can confirm the mileage figures, I would be glad to finalise it.
Since you plan to do 400 + 300kms of highway driving on an average every month, FIGO has a slight edge over the BEAT, if you are okay with the loss in mileage.
I recently bought a BEAT and i'm very happy with it's city performance.
In highways eventhough it's got a better engine than FIGO and hence more power, it lacks the road hugging abilities of FIGO and hence you miss a lot of the FUN FACTOR.

Other differences between FIGO and BEAT
AC:
Beat: Very effective and silent
FIGO: very effective but noisy
Interiors:
Beat: looks 'Cool' partcularly in nights
FIGO: Feels like built to a cost
Ride:
Beat: Bumpy at higher speeds
FIGO: Bumpy at slower speeds
Rear space:
Beat: Bit cramped
FIGO: Very spacious
Front seats:
Beat: nice and hugging
FIGO: A bit less in comfort
Steering:
Beat: HPS is confidence inspiring
FIGO: Again HPS but better in feedback than BEAT's

Buy i10 1.1 only if you plan to use it as an exclusive city car.

Quote:
Some things are already decided on the purchase.

- Black exterior colour -
BEAT looks best in Black. the unnecessary curves get subdued in that colour.

Last edited by Daewood : 8th March 2011 at 12:45.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 12:51   #69
BHPian

Voted Figo.

It satisfies most of your requirements if not all. Are you bent upon buying a petrol hatch ? If not may be you can even consider the diesel figo.

Next in line would be the Beat followed by i10.
karty_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 13:42   #70
BHPian

The Figo Diesel engine is good but the petrol is not that good for highway cruising. But, as others have rightly pointed out if boot space is a concern for you, then buy the Figo. Otherwise I would recommend the Beat. Its new, funky, peppy and fun to drive. You can go for the LT trim which is much more VFM than the LS IMO. The i10 iRDE would be trailing on the highway so it doesn't make much sense.
kaush666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 13:48   #71
BHPian

Thanks.

My budget is fixed (-+ 4.0L Ex Showroom) because i will be fixing a good alloy wheel (15K) + 185/60R14 Michelins (15K?). I feel all 3 of these cars are undertyred.

Any discounts offered on these?

I will be taking TD of Figo hopefully tomorrow. I am 6.1 ft. Need to check if i will fit in.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 14:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

My budget is fixed (-+ 4.0L Ex Showroom) because i will be fixing a good alloy wheel (15K) + 185/60R14 Michelins (15K?). I feel all 3 of these cars are undertyred.

Any discounts offered on these?
Figo is not undertyred. And you don't have to shell out another 15k for tyres. If you take your car to the tyrewala as soon as you come out of the showroom you can expect to get around 8k for your OEM tyres. i.e you can get new michelins @ around 7.5K
Both BEAT and i10 have a 15k regular discount and Figo 4k corp. discount.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:42   #73
BHPian

Since Swift is also accomodated we can add Punto, Micra and Polo to the poll list.
Old 8th March 2011, 17:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Since Swift is also accomodated we can add Punto, Micra and Polo to the poll list.
The poll is for cars with a 5 lac budget. Punto, Micra and Polo are much expensive.
karty_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 17:06   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Buy i10 1.1 only if you plan to use it as an exclusive city car.

BEAT looks best in Black. the unnecessary curves get subdued in that colour.
Ofcourse black is a good choice when you see that in showroom but once you own it things will be different. Being with a black beat, its not an easy task to maintain its beauty in our climate. Dust accumulation is very much visible on black than any other colour. Its getting dusty within 10 min drive even on highways Go for black if you are a die-hard fan of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Voted Figo.

It satisfies most of your requirements if not all. Are you bent upon buying a petrol hatch ? If not may be you can even consider the diesel figo.

Next in line would be the Beat followed by i10.
+1 Go for Figo if you have tight budget and need boot space else spend few more grands on I10 Kappa and its worth too. You cant compare I10 with Beat and Figo in drivability and total response. I10 claims all merits in gear ratios where Beat and Figo both fails in this as they have 2nd gear low torque issues.
sajjt is offline   Reply With Quote