Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 6th August 2010, 23:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by sreelalts View Post
Here comes my latest update:
Today I sold off my Accent Viva CRDi for Rs 3,30,000/- . I am a bit sad to say good bye to this trusted companion for last 4 years(60,000 km).
What next??
My wish list is now Linea, Vento and Optra
But doing a bit of research in the local market, I feel that Optra is getting out dated (particularly due to Cruze) and hence I am opting it only if I get a used one for a good price (6-7 lacs). Otherwise, I will end end up getting nothing if I want to sell it for any good reason, though it is a fantastic car.

Also I am getting a very negative feedback on Linea for few points
1. Its low ground clearance and habit of scrapping the underbelly too occasionally
2. Resale value
3. Interior plastic quality - it gives a foul smell it seems
But I am in love with its looks and features!

Meanwhile a lot of people are still having high opinion on Honda City. You know for what reason? The Badge Value!! People are not complaining about the low ground clearance that much even it is true that it is at par with Linea. Generally common man attach a higher status for ANHC

So, my shortlist is now modified to
1. Linea
2. Vento
3. Optra (Used one)
4. ANHC (new or used one) FYI: Today came across a ANHC used one which has done 15,000 km for a price of 8.5 lacs (SMT). Any opinion please?

Vento is looking very appealing going by the information and specs available.

Upon comparison with Linea, this new entrant from VW lags in two areas(compared to Linea)
1. Blue & Me (I loved that featured in Linea with steering wheel controls)
2. Exterior looks and design

And Vento scores over Linea on:
1. Better powered engine (105 hp and 250 Nm)
2. Better interior fit and finish with better utility space (cubby holes, storage)
3. Ground Clearance (very important)
4. Better brand value and perception(in India)

Two questions to the forum, if any one can help:
1. Does any one know what will be my alternative to Blue & Me if I opt for Vento?
2. Will the price of high line variant of Vento Diesel be priced above 10 lacs?

PS: One aspect which disappointed me in Vento is its colour options for Highline. There is no White and Red - Both are my most preferred ones

Anyway I am going to wait till October for Vento. Till then I will be using a Ford Ikon (Petrol). I like the way it handles
Dear we are in the same boat I too sold my 2004 accent CRDI about 6 months back, wasfed up of the car,used it for 5 years sold it for 240000/- brought a LINEA Emotion and using it for the last 6 months, I am the happiest man .
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 22:19   #32

Hi, now there is an interesting turn around for my car hunting episode. There was a pressing need for buying a car NOW, which was rather unanticipated. I thought I will get a few more month's time. Looking at the next one year, I feel that there are quite a few vehicles in the launching pipe line like Linea 1.6, Vento, Avanza etc which will suit my requirements much better. Then why invest in a hurry? So I made an alternate arrangement. Guess what? I settled for an used Alto Lxi, 2004, Black. I will run on this little beauty till I finalize my big car. I will sell Alto after one year, which I believe will not burn my pocket much. Alto always fetches good resale
Thanks a lot for your valuable advice and I will re-open the thread after an year perhaps. Until then.......... INTERMISSION
sreelalts is offline   Reply With Quote