Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:23   #1561
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 228
Thanked: 86 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
@ghodlur - Thanks , I think mine is the second Beat Diesel, bhpian fangface was first and its a Beat LT(O)

I had put my TD experience on Beat Diesel TD & review thread,so far i have managed to take 4 TestDrives in 3 different cars

No i didn't opt for cashless maintenance as my budget is already stretched from 4 lakhs to 5.2 lakhs , cashless maintenance costs 18k for 3years/45K km
American cars are known for their maintenance troubles. My suggestion would be that 18K would be great investment for the cashless maintenance if all there are no hidden charges. It will give you peace of mind which is invaluable !!!
athanedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:57   #1562
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Curiosity im surprised, because the sales manager was adamant on 1 lac as booking amount. Said this is guideline from Honda SIEL for Jazz.
keyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:51   #1563
BHPian
 
arup.misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 651
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
Thanks! Ownership report coming soon. For now, enjoying the drive! Just back from a Lonavala trip .

Btw, when are you getting the delivery of your car?

Lonavala Trip with Vtec. Did you let it lose? . Getting mine on the 1st of Sep.
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:01   #1564
BHPian
 
crackparag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 31 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Lonavala Trip with Vtec. Did you let it lose? . Getting mine on the 1st of Sep.
Not really, however did touch 150 over a certain stretch! Its time to 'run in' you see. Waiting to complete 1000-1200 Kms. Have completed 600 already in the 4 days of ownership!
crackparag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:03   #1565
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
Curiosity im surprised, because the sales manager was adamant on 1 lac as booking amount. Said this is guideline from Honda SIEL for Jazz.
A fellow Bhpian and myself had gone to the dealer, both of us booked and the booking was done at 25k each. Rest of the dealerships are asking for 50k each. Nowhere in Mumbai have I heard a booking amount of 1L. I think it's city specific. Or probably they are just doing what other dealers are doing.
curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 18:13   #1566
BHPian
 
RIC.BURNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 192
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Hello everyone! This is my first post on TBHP.
I have booked my GP 1.3MJD BNW last week.
Make : FIAT
Model : GP
Variant : 1.3MJD EP (76bhp)
Color : BNW
Expected Delivery Date : 31 Aug
Dealer & City : TAFE REACH, Chennai
Freebies : Mud Flaps, SunFilm, 3M coating [rejected reverse sensors since i dont want to put holes on the bumper] nagging for seat covers
Price: OTR: 7,21,000 [ ~45k+/- discounts insurance+corp+others]

Could someone kindly confirm if the deal sounds fair?
RIC.BURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 19:00   #1567
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,805
Thanked: 1,804 Times
Smile re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
Hello everyone! This is my first post on TBHP.
I have booked my GP 1.3MJD BNW last week.
Make : FIAT
Model : GP
Variant : 1.3MJD EP (76bhp)
Color : BNW
Expected Delivery Date : 31 Aug
Dealer & City : TAFE REACH, Chennai
Freebies : Mud Flaps, SunFilm, 3M coating [rejected reverse sensors since i dont want to put holes on the bumper] nagging for seat covers
Price: OTR: 7,21,000 [ ~45k+/- discounts insurance+corp+others]

Could someone kindly confirm if the deal sounds fair?
@Ric.Burns

Congratulations and welcome to T-BHP, You have booked a gem of a car and the deal seems good enough. I think you can do away with the 3M coating and get an anti rust underbody coating as altenative. Hope to read your ownsership thread soon.
ghodlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 19:20   #1568
BHPian
 
RIC.BURNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 192
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Ric.Burns

Congratulations and welcome to T-BHP, You have booked a gem of a car and the deal seems good enough. I think you can do away with the 3M coating and get an anti rust underbody coating as altenative. Hope to read your ownsership thread soon.
Thanks a lot ghodlur! im planning on getting it outside.

Gem indeed. i cancelled my booking on Jazz after the GP TD, 16k km abused TD vehicle didnt show any rattle (its a heaven compared to my earlier swift zxi ) and loads of torque of a diesel. infact this is my first oil burner.
RIC.BURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 20:15   #1569
BHPian
 
datvichrox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 287 Times
Default Booked a bike!

I have booked a Royal Enfield Thunderbird and have been waiting patiently for the last three months, going through all the threads related to the UCE engine. I hope to get the delivery on time.

Make : Royal Enfield
Model : Thunderbird twinspark
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : May31st 2011
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : August 31st 2011 (Hopefully)
Dealer & City : Teknik Motorcycles, Sarjapur, Bangalore
Freebies : just want the bike in showroom condition!
datvichrox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 22:57   #1570
BHPian
 
crazybiker46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TVM\Dubai
Posts: 582
Thanked: 249 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
American cars are known for their maintenance troubles. My suggestion would be that 18K would be great investment for the cashless maintenance if all there are no hidden charges. It will give you peace of mind which is invaluable !!!
I felt its actually not needed as the car is not going to eat too much miles,so diverted the money to ICE

My car has arrived at the showroom ,went there to inspect the car and noted down the VIN & Engine number .Registration will happen tomorrow

I'm preparing my initial ownership thread,will be up post delivery

Name:  IMG_4678.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  94.2 KB
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 07:58   #1571
BHPian
 
spindoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Madras
Posts: 228
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity

A fellow Bhpian and myself had gone to the dealer, both of us booked and the booking was done at 25k each. Rest of the dealerships are asking for 50k each. Nowhere in Mumbai have I heard a booking amount of 1L. I think it's city specific. Or probably they are just doing what other dealers are doing.
The dealer in Chennai tells me Honda had advised a booking amount of 25k but they are only taking 10k. They had close to 60 bookings by Wesnesday, according to the Sales Exec.
spindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 21:02   #1572
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,787
Thanked: 10,679 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make : POLO
Model : 1.6
Color : Black
Booking date: 27 Aug 11
Expected Delivery Date : 5th Sept
Dealer & City : VW, Downtown, Bangalore
Freebies : Free insurance, INR 15000 worth of accessories(not finalised the list)

Price OTR: 750,992 (includes extended warranty)

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th August 2011 at 21:04.
volkman10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 22:30   #1573
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 686
Thanked: 1,916 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Make : POLO
Model : 1.6
Color : Black
Booking date: 27 Aug 11
Expected Delivery Date : 5th Sept
Dealer & City : VW, Downtown, Bangalore
Freebies : Free insurance, INR 15000 worth of accessories(not finalised the list)

Price OTR: 750,992 (includes extended warranty)
Lovely selection Volkman! Welcome to the club :-)
speed kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 11:46   #1574
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,110
Thanked: 16,517 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Make : POLO
Model : 1.6
So finally the Polo 1.6 won. Congratulations, Volkman!

What was the final decider, vis-a-vis the Jazz? The GC of Jazz or offers on the Polo?
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 11:52   #1575
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,715
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Make : POLO
Model : 1.6
Color : Black
Booking date: 27 Aug 11
Expected Delivery Date : 5th Sept
Dealer & City : VW, Downtown, Bangalore
Freebies : Free insurance, INR 15000 worth of accessories(not finalised the list)

Price OTR: 750,992 (includes extended warranty)
Congrats volkman10! Fab choice you made. Bangalore car prices are out of the roof man. The same Polo 1.6 costs flat 7 lacs in Pune. Now it must be even cheaper with all the offers floating around.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread a4anurag Motorbikes 26 14th November 2016 14:11
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks