Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 00:42   #2536
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

The corporate edition was available only for a few brief months when the city sales were at a all time low.
I seriously doubt 2014 version will come with the corporate edition.
aim120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 10:29   #2537
BHPian
 
Ikoner_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 22 Times
Talking re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make : Maruti
Model : Alto K10
Variant : VXI
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 2nd November 2013
Color : Fire Brick Red
Expected Delivery Date :November 28th
Dealer & City : Kalyani Motors, Bangalore
Freebies : Std Accessories and 25K discount
Others : Corporate Discount - 5K

Sold my pre-worshipped Ikon. Planing to keep the K10 for years to come. Would definitely pick up another used Ikon just for the love of it
Ikoner_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 10:57   #2538
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
Make : Maruti
Model : Alto K10
Variant : VXI
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 2nd November 2013
Color : Fire Brick Red
Expected Delivery Date :November 28th
Dealer & City : Kalyani Motors, Bangalore
Freebies : Std Accessories and 25K discount
Others : Corporate Discount - 5K
How much did you pay OTR? Did you bring down invoice value as you will pay lesser road tax and insurance.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 12:54   #2539
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 197
Thanked: 144 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
Make : Maruti
Model : Alto K10
Variant : VXI

Planing to keep the K10 for years to come.
Sorry to spoil your mood, but it would be better you get another car. Here's why:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...atin-ncap.html (Maruti Alto K10: ZERO Star Safety Rating in the Latin NCAP)

You can pick up a well-maintained A-Star for the same price.
amolbh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 15:04   #2540
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: 7 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am making a guesstimate ballpark figure for the base diesel. It could be the EMT or the Corporate, let's see. Like I said above, the safety features are paramount for me, so I'll pick up the variant which has at least twin airbags, ABS & EBD. Everything else I can customise easily, like I have done to my Silver Pegasus (my current 2012 facelifted City Corporate).
The buzz is there but the pre bookings are news! I think the safety features would surely be available on all models. Honda was one of the few manufacturers who was offering this, and I'm sure they would not want to discontinue the good work. If the variants and the features are the same, then it's really a question of increasing the prices. I think they would include features like the rear camera/ beepers at least, in order to compete with Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
But the Corporate edition is the best to buy. There is nothing in higher models that cannot be done better and aftermarket except maybe a factory finish sunroof.
Agree - don't think the Corporate one will be on offer. Especially since they have an Amaze below, and the Corporate will eat into Amaze's sales.

I just confirmed with Linkway Honda in Mumbai - they are not taking pre bookings for the new City to be launched in 2014. However Solitaire Honda confirmed they are taking pre bookings for Rs. 51,000 with a full refund available on cancellation. Can also confirm that Apex Honda is not taking pre bookings.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th November 2013 at 20:05. Reason: Posts merged.
ag408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 17:06   #2541
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,126
Thanked: 16,653 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Doubt the corporate edition will make it at launch.

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
The corporate edition was available only for a few brief months when the city sales were at a all time low.
I seriously doubt 2014 version will come with the corporate edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag408 View Post
Agree - don't think the Corporate one will be on offer. Especially since they have an Amaze below, and the Corporate will eat into Amaze's sales.
No worries, guys. Safety features are paramount for me, so whichever variant comes with all of them and is within my budget, I'll go for it. If it is even the EMT, no problem at all. I just love to customise my car!

Although, I am counting on them to introduce a Corporate Edition for the lineup, in the petrol guise, just to give the City an introductory pricing of 7.49L. It would help in highlighting and promoting the 2014 City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag408 View Post
I just confirmed with Linkway Honda in Mumbai - they are not taking pre bookings for the new City to be launched in 2014. However Solitaire Honda confirmed they are taking pre bookings for Rs. 51,000 with a full refund available on cancellation. Can also confirm that Apex Honda is not taking pre bookings.
That's weird, because Shubh Honda is claiming that they have received the official go-ahead from Honda directly to start bookings from Monday onwards, and bookings are on in full swing right now. Booking amount here is quoted as 21,000/-, although they were willing to book my car for free. Maybe it varies from state to state or dealer to dealer, or the kind of rapport one has with the Honda dealership(s).
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 20:45   #2542
BHPian
 
sabsubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Sports
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 9th November 2013
Color : Bronze
Expected Delivery Date : November 23rd
Dealer & City : Trident Hyundai
Freebies : Std accessories plus 35k discount
Others : Corporate Discount - 3k
sabsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 13:55   #2543
BHPian
 
Raps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 137
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Sports
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 9th November 2013
Color : Bronze
Expected Delivery Date : November 23rd
Dealer & City : Trident Hyundai
Freebies : Std accessories plus 35k discount
Others : Corporate Discount - 3k
Congrats on booking, can you give a breakup and final On Road Price...
Raps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 11:20   #2544
BHPian
 
Ikoner_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Amolbh & Zulfi Hansi: Thanks for sharing your opinion. Regarding safety of the car I agree it has scored pathetically on the NCAP ratings, whereas the others have got airbags and managed good numbers. Secondly, I believe the shell of Alto K10 ain't that strong too. An accident is unpredictable, and I've seen cars with high safety ratings totaled and not protecting drivers/co-passengers life. Am personally not happy with Eon or the A-star. K10 scores well in terms of performance and FE also fits well within my budget. Hence the decision.
Ikoner_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 12:14   #2545
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 197
Thanked: 144 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Ikoner_03: Anyways, congrats on your purchase. Do share an ownership review with us once you get your ride and keep updating the thread too. Wishing you many happy and safe miles in the Alto K10!
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 15:34   #2546
BHPian
 
Ikoner_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Ikoner_03: Anyways, congrats on your purchase. Do share an ownership review with us once you get your ride and keep updating the thread too. Wishing you many happy and safe miles in the Alto K10!
Thanks amolbh. Havent purchased the car yet, am currently working on some magical tricks to tick away on CIBIL scores and get the loan approved asap.
Awaiting a reply from the bank guys, if things flop then its gonna be my FD.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
Ikoner_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 09:09   #2547
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
Amolbh & Zulfi Hansi: Thanks for sharing your opinion. Regarding safety of the car I agree it has scored pathetically on the NCAP ratings, whereas the others have got airbags and managed good numbers. Secondly, I believe the shell of Alto K10 ain't that strong too. An accident is unpredictable, and I've seen cars with high safety ratings totaled and not protecting drivers/co-passengers life. Am personally not happy with Eon or the A-star. K10 scores well in terms of performance and FE also fits well within my budget. Hence the decision.
I would infact say that this is the best city runabout if the roads are fairly good, the driver is not too fat. In city i would say you hardly reach speeds that warrant safety equipment.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 19:22   #2548
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,169
Thanked: 2,937 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Booked my dream car today..

Make: BMW
Model: 3 series
Variant: 320d Baseline ( with Xenons)
Year: 2013
Colour: Imperial Blue
Expected Delivery: Next week
Discount: 2.25L + 50k exchange bonus.

Last edited by drmohitg : 13th November 2013 at 19:23.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 19:26   #2549
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 332
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Booked my dream car today..

Make: BMW
Model: 3 series
Variant: 320d Baseline ( with Xenons)
Year: 2013
Colour: Imperial Blue
Expected Delivery: Next week
Discount: 2.25L + 50k exchange bonus.
Great! Congratulations. Looking forward to an awesome review
I am still dilly dallying, hope I could post similar in few days (or weeks at least).

Last edited by aah78 : 14th November 2013 at 20:12. Reason: Post duplicated in & subsequent posts moved to the following thread - The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 13:13   #2550
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Booked my dream car today..

Make: BMW
Model: 3 series
Variant: 320d Baseline ( with Xenons)
Year: 2013
Colour: Imperial Blue
Expected Delivery: Next week
Discount: 2.25L + 50k exchange bonus.
Congratulations Doc! At last the sweet fruit of waiting for so long. Please share more details on the offer you got and OTR.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread a4anurag Motorbikes 26 14th November 2016 14:11
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks