Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 09:03   #2746
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 236
Thanked: 200 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Isnt that illegal? There was an SC ruling which banned the dealers from charging the logistics/handling/faciliatation (Whatever you call it) charges.
That is true, there definitely was an order. It wasn't enforced for sure. Please refer to this thread. The last page -http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113691-delhi-transport-dept-tells-dealers-stop-handling-charges-scam-12.html. There is some notice from the dealers association.

Quote:
I thought the owners are going to oppose it but I see here people willingly paying it. Beats me.
Why would you say owners are willingly paying for it, sir? Depending on the car,dealer and negotiation skills you can negotiate on the handling charge. They won't wont waive it off completely though.
On booking my new car, my sales assistant told me Hyundai doesn't support the transportation of cars from Chennai to Gurgaon, overhead charges, the 5 liters of petrol etc. And the dealer pays for all this.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 23:16   #2747
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 75
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Cancelled the booking of Xcent, got home Verna 1.4 CX crdi today.
raviacc2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 20:50   #2748
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 23
Thanked: 7 Times
Cool re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make : Mahindra
Model : Thar
Variant : CRDe
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 14th April 2014
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : 5th May 2014
Dealer & City : G3 Motors, Kandivali (West)
Freebies : None

Finally booked the Thar! Against all odds, fire incident in Delhi, brake issue but going with the heart and taken the plunge.
confused_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 15:32   #2749
BHPian
 
Cooltronics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 185
Thanked: 81 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make : Hyundai
Model : Verna
Variant : SX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 14th April 2014
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 30th April 2014
Dealer & City : Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
Discounts : approx 45K (23k cash discount + Club Mahindra voucher for 2N/3D of approx 22k)
Freebies : Art leather seat covers, mud flaps, foot mats, under body coating.


Dealer offered me 23k discount (20k cash discount + 3k corporate discount) but in the Invoice has only 20k discounted, rest 3k is taken care off by reduction in VAT (14.5%). SA tells me that this is what they mentioned by 23k discount. Can any one please advice is this is how discounts are offered ?

Last edited by Cooltronics : 15th April 2014 at 15:35. Reason: More text
Cooltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 20:41   #2750
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 225
Thanked: 418 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_soul View Post
Finally booked the Thar! Against all odds, fire incident in Delhi, brake issue but going with the heart and taken the plunge.
I am glad you did Please share light on details like OTR price and waiting periods if any.
Samfromindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 10:54   #2751
BHPian
 
Siddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 170
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Wagon R
Variant: Vxi
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 20th April 2014
Colour: Glistening grey
Expected Delivery Date:9th May 2014
Dealer & City: Sai service ltd, Pune
Discounts: Consumer discount - 25,000/-
Freebies: Mud flaps, floor mats, steering wheel cover, Teflon and under body coat

Third Maruti in the stable! Bought the Wagon R for wifey. Its spacious, easy on the pocket & company claims a FE of 20.51 kmpl. Hopefully 13+ in the city with AC.
Siddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 12:27   #2752
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Wagon R
Variant: Vxi
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 20th April 2014
Colour: Glistening grey
Expected Delivery Date:9th May 2014
Dealer & City: Sai service ltd, Pune
Discounts: Consumer discount - 25,000/-
Freebies: Mud flaps, floor mats, steering wheel cover, Teflon and under body coat

Third Maruti in the stable! Bought the Wagon R for wifey. Its spacious, easy on the pocket & company claims a FE of 20.51 kmpl. Hopefully 13+ in the city with AC.
Congratulations !!
what is the final on road price after discounts ?
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 12:31   #2753
BHPian
 
Siddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 170
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Congratulations !!
what is the final on road price after discounts ?
Thanks F150!

OTR after discounts is 4,60,257 Rs.
Siddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 16:55   #2754
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Finally, booked my car:
Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : SV CVT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 18th April 2014
Color : Urban Titanium
Expected Delivery Date :2 to 3 months
Dealer & City : Capital Honda, Chennai
Discounts : None
Freebies : None

OTR Price: Rs10,90,675 includes Extended Warranty and RSA, and Reverse camera with sensors.

Now the wait begins. Wish Honda had a V variant of CVT - that would have been perfect.

Last edited by chennai-indian : 21st April 2014 at 17:04.
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 19:53   #2755
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Finally, booked my car:
Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : SV CVT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 18th April 2014
Color : Urban Titanium
Expected Delivery Date :2 to 3 months
Dealer & City : Capital Honda, Chennai
Discounts : None
Freebies : None

OTR Price: Rs10,90,675 includes Extended Warranty and RSA, and Reverse camera with sensors.

Now the wait begins. Wish Honda had a V variant of CVT - that would have been perfect.
Just the post I came looking for in this thread. I am in negotiations with the dealership for a City SV MT, but they aren't offering any discounts or freebies.
Just wanted to check if discounts were offered elsewhere.
Also, I don't think the SV comes with the rear camera. Did you get it installed from the dealership itself? If so, please share the costs involved.
Thanks.
yotesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 00:44   #2756
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesh View Post
Just the post I came looking for in this thread. I am in negotiations with the dealership for a City SV MT, but they aren't offering any discounts or freebies.
Just wanted to check if discounts were offered elsewhere.
Also, I don't think the SV comes with the rear camera. Did you get it installed from the dealership itself? If so, please share the costs involved.
Thanks.
No discounts or freebies. Yes, SV does not come with a rear camera so opted to fit a camera and sensors - cost quoted was Rs 11500.
chennai-indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 10:39   #2757
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Booked my second car within 2 weeks of booking the first (Honda City SV CVT):
Make : Tata
Model : Nano
Variant : Twist
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 26th April 2014
Color : Blue
Expected Delivery Date :Immediate but am taking delivery on June 6th as I'm not available in town before that
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Velacherry, Chennai
Discounts : 5000 Rs April discount and 2000 Rs Corporate discount
Freebies : Pillows and neck rests

OTR Price: Rs2,67,892 - includes maintenance package excluding insurance (getting insurance done outside)
chennai-indian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 10:50   #2758
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
No discounts or freebies. Yes, SV does not come with a rear camera so opted to fit a camera and sensors - cost quoted was Rs 11500.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SV does come with 3.5" screen unlike the 5" in the V Variant. Right?
Does the camera display feel alright on the smaller screen?
Also, how was the quality of the sensors and camera installation?
yotesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 16:52   #2759
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesh View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SV does come with 3.5" screen unlike the 5" in the V Variant. Right?
Does the camera display feel alright on the smaller screen?
Also, how was the quality of the sensors and camera installation?
Yes, SV comes with 3.5 inch screen but the camera display is not on that but on the rear view mirror. As for the quality, yet to fond out as my car will be delivered only after 2 months or so.
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 16:36   #2760
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 23
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I am glad you did Please share light on details like OTR price and waiting periods if any.

OTR Price: Rs. 881,097
Delivery in 3 weeks
confused_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread a4anurag Motorbikes 26 14th November 2016 14:11
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks