Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 20:27   #2971
BHPian
 
BoeingDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Booked Polo GT-TSI. OTR - Chennai - 9,80,000.- Flash Red.

Added Nil Deprciation + Bumper to Bumper insurance - 16000 extra.

Floor Mats , Mud Flaps complementary.
BoeingDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:13   #2972
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
Booked Polo GT-TSI. OTR - Chennai - 9,80,000.- Flash Red.

Added Nil Deprciation + Bumper to Bumper insurance - 16000 extra.

Floor Mats , Mud Flaps complementary.

Congrats, when is the expected delivery. I will suggest get an extra horn fitted from the dealership, the new horn is not that good.

So how much you agreed to pay in total for the insurance ?

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 10:44   #2973
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Hello:

Booked a Toyota Etios VX Petrol - Grey
OTR is Rs. 8.43 lakhs

Cash discount of Rs. 40,000.

Expected delivery is 15th April, 2015

Fitted Toyota "Greige" Art Leather Seat covers - Rs. 7,500
Reverse Parking Camera with ORVM display - Rs. 8,000
ashver9133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 18:24   #2974
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 472
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashver9133 View Post
Hello:

Booked a Toyota Etios VX Petrol - Grey
OTR is Rs. 8.43 lakhs

Cash discount of Rs. 40,000.

Expected delivery is 15th April, 2015

Fitted Toyota "Greige" Art Leather Seat covers - Rs. 7,500
Reverse Parking Camera with ORVM display - Rs. 8,000
Congrats @ ashver9133

Etios is no nonsense car, the present car is vastly improved.

Cash discount of 40k - Wow (which dealer ?), you must have bargained hard, its not a common sight for Toyota dealership. I had hard time bargaining in Millennium Toyota, Thane.

How much did you pay for insurance ?

Are you sure Parking Camera with ORVM display or it's IVRM display

I am sure you must have referred to Team-Bhp Pre-Delivery Inspection list here https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 20:46   #2975
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Congrats @ ashver9133
Thanks driving_smartly. Seems from your signature that you also own an Etios. Do share your experience with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Etios is no nonsense car, the present car is vastly improved.
Completely agree with you. The NVH level is much better than the 2013 version also. We already have a Toyota Etios 2013 G-SP. Hence when I decided to change from my Swift Dzire Vxi, the Etios was a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Cash discount of 40k - Wow (which dealer ?), you must have bargained hard, its not a common sight for Toyota dealership. I had hard time bargaining in Millennium Toyota, Thane.
On the Etios, there was already an offer for 20k discount for March. I bargained for a further 20k. However, my delivery has been pushed to April since Grey colour was unavailable. But, I made it clear to the dealer that I will not pay any extra. I bought the car from Lakozy Toyota, Malad

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
How much did you pay for insurance ?
I took the default Toyota insurance. I think it was 31k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Are you sure Parking Camera with ORVM display or it's IVRM display
Oops my mistake. I meant IVRM. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
I am sure you must have referred to Team-Bhp Pre-Delivery Inspection list here https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list
Just did the PDI today. Used the TBHP checklist. All seems OK. Car is March 2015 manufacture. Registration formalities are on. Hopefully should be delivered next week.
ashver9133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2015, 11:54   #2976
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 472
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashver9133 View Post
Thanks driving_smartly. Seems from your signature that you also own an Etios. Do share your experience with the car.
Yes it's Etios Liva Diesel.

I had few issues unattended at 10K service interval by Millennium Toyota A.S.S. Full marks to Toyota Bangalore for not only listening to customer complaint but also getting it sorted out. You can read my ownership review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ce-update.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashver9133 View Post
Completely agree with you. The NVH level is much better than the 2013 version also. We already have a Toyota Etios 2013 G-SP. Hence when I decided to change from my Swift Dzire Vxi, the Etios was a no-brainer.
Two Etios Petrol's in family that sounds interesting . Was your Swift Dzire old or new model, any specific reason to change from Maruti ?

I have personally checked the 2015 Etios model in showroom and the interiors are very much improved compared to 2013 models. I love the meaty steering along with soft cushion steering grip on top end model, unfortunately it comes factory fitted and cannot be available as an accessory

Please do share your purchase & Ownership epxerience.
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 19:31   #2977
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Make : Maruti

Model : New Alto K10

Variant : VXi AMT

Fuel : Petrol

Booking Date : 13th April, 2015

Booking Amount: Rs 5000/-

Color : Fire Brick Red

Expected Delivery Date : Mid-May, 2015

Dealer & City : Varun Motors, Hyderabad.

OTR Price: 4.87L

Freebies : Mud Flaps, idol/perfume.

Accessories planned: Seat cover, steering cover, foot mats, Remote central locking.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 19:58   #2978
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Model : New Alto K10

Variant : VXi AMT.

Congrats.

I thought you were going to wait for the ZXi AMT? Change in plans?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 20:19   #2979
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats.

I thought you were going to wait for the ZXi AMT? Change in plans?
Thank you C_D!

Ya I did want to wait! :( But after some genuine trials and some talking regarding getting the date of launch + stocks for delivery the his at Maruti Suzuki were helpless.

We needed the car ASAP hence compromised on it. Nevertheless!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 15:54   #2980
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 21 Times
Smile Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Yes it's Etios Liva Diesel.

You can read my ownership review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ce-update.html
Excellent ownership thread driving_smartly.


Quote:
Two Etios Petrol's in family that sounds interesting . Was your Swift Dzire old or new model, any specific reason to change from Maruti ?
I was always a Maruti fanboy before. However, my love affair with the Etios started when my father bought his in Sept 2013. Since then, I used the car more than he did. The car ticks all the right boxes for me. Also I need to make frequent Mumbai Pune trips for work and the Etios is a much more comfortable vehicle than the Dzire. This was the primary reason for changing.

Quote:
Please do share your purchase & Ownership experience.
I will surely post an ownership review asap. In the meanwhile, my new car got delivered yesterday!
ashver9133 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2015, 21:57   #2981
BHPian
 
ANewExperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Bangalore,Erode
Posts: 34
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Booked my car sometime back and changed it thrice . Since I joined only today am posting it now.

Make : Hyundai
Model : elite i20
Variant : Sportz (not the option one)
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 3-April (but confirmed on 6th)
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date :24-26 April
Dealer & City : Erode - ARAS PVPV
Freebies : None

This is my first own car and keeping my fingers crossed
ANewExperience is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 09:21   #2982
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Finally Booked a car for my wife after trying to avoid it for almost 6 months.


Make : Maruti

Model : New Alto K10

Variant : VXi

Fuel : Petrol

Booking Date : 20th April, 2015

Booking Amount: Rs 10,000/-

Color : White

Expected Delivery Date : This Week

Dealer & City : Autopace,Chandigarh.

OTR Price: 3.70L + 1 lac for special number

Discount 20k

Freebies : Mud Flaps, idol,perfume, reverse parking sensor and floor mats.

Accessories planned: Seat cover, steering cover,Remote central locking Clarion AX1, Pioneer TSD1720C .

Can someone please guide if the normal K10 stereo be changed with a after market unit.

Last edited by manikjeet : 21st April 2015 at 09:23.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 09:29   #2983
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Finally Booked a car for my wife after trying to avoid it for almost 6 months.

Make : Maruti

Model : New Alto K10

Variant : VXi

Fuel : Petrol

Can someone please guide if the normal K10 stereo be changed with a after market unit.
Congratulations!

I am in line too for the Alto K10 VXi but mine is the AMT version. Did you think of booking the AMT rather than going for the regular MT version?

The stereo can be changed to a Double DIN unit and I suggest you to change the OEM speakers (2 numbers) located only in the front door.

Get the rear speakers on the parcel tray.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 09:54   #2984
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations!

I am in line too for the Alto K10 VXi but mine is the AMT version. Did you think of booking the AMT rather than going for the regular MT version?

The stereo can be changed to a Double DIN unit and I suggest you to change the OEM speakers (2 numbers) located only in the front door.

Get the rear speakers on the parcel tray.
Thanks and Same to you as well.

I was going for AMT but wife refused so had no option.

Thanks for the confirmation Yes going for Clarion AX1( already Purchased). and upgrading the speakers to Components. no rear speaker as of now.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 10:04   #2985
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 1,630 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Make : Maruti
Model : New Alto K10
Variant : VXi AMT
OTR Price: 4.87L
Oh my lord ! An Alto costs close to 5 lakhs !
I had bought my Beat LT (top trim) for almost that price (after discounts) in 2011 !! ;-)

Btw, Congrats for the 3rd Maruti in your stable now.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 21st April 2015 at 10:14.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread a4anurag Motorbikes 26 14th November 2016 14:11
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks