Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2015, 11:39   #3076
BHPian
 
Divya Sharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 316
Thanked: 447 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Could you please share what is the less discount from the actual quoted 9 OTR
Parking sensors and zero dep in the OTR price. Not finalized though. But I'm pressing on both. They are fine with either of them.
As per them, parking sensors - 4.6k and zero dep bumper to bumper - 6k.
So ~10.6k as discounts.
Divya Sharan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2015, 15:35   #3077
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,999
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Parking sensors and zero dep in the OTR price. Not finalized though. But I'm pressing on both. They are fine with either of them.
As per them, parking sensors - 4.6k and zero dep bumper to bumper - 6k.
So ~10.6k as discounts.
Isnt the discount too less. I would have assumed at-least 50-80k discount.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2015, 15:49   #3078
BHPian
 
Divya Sharan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 316
Thanked: 447 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Isnt the discount too less. I would have assumed at-least 50-80k discount.
It is very less. Zilch. They're not offering anymore on the top trim petrol. Base trim and diesels have some discount.
Got the exact same response from another dealership. Hence, thought of proceeding ahead.
Divya Sharan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2015, 16:51   #3079
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

After following team-bhp for past 6-7 years, and getting membership 10 weeks ago (3rd attempt)- this is my first post on team-bhp.


--------
What initiated car buying decision ?
My company(a start-up that I joined >4 years ago) offered me a car within a budget of INR9 lakhs-
1. Select few were given this offer in my company
2. When others checked, the budget was extendedable to 12 lakhs - if requested
3. When I checked- I would've got any bike of my choice as well within the same budget


-------
Confusion and Decision

We already have
1. 2012 FIAT Linea Emotion (and extremely happy with it)
2. Bajaj Pulsar 2003 (barely used)
3. Honda Activa 2006 (barely used)

For first 2 days I was in another world of happiness:
I'm gonna get a Harley Davidson OR
I'm gonna get a Kawasaki. ( and I was pretty confused between these)

That was beyond my wildest aspirational dreams!

But, over next 7 days, we realized that getting an automatic hatchback was most pragmatic decision- given that wife has to travel daily on auto to office and she's fed-up of daily hassling and also rains. Our Parents also advised the same.


Considered: Alto AMT, Celerio AMT VXI and ZXI, and, Grand i10 AMT

Booked:

Make: Hyundai
Model: Grand i10
Variant: Asta Automatic Transmission
Booking Date : 12-06-2015
Color: Golden Orange
Expected Delivery Date : 19-06-2015
Accessories Planned: 3D Kagu Mats, DVR(After few months)
Price: 7,69,000/- On Road
Booking Amount: 5000/-
Dealership: Advaith Hyundai, Bellandur, Bangalore.
Freebies: Floor Mats, Mud flaps, Idol, Car Perfume, Car Cover
Discount: 5,000/-

-----------
So, first post, and announcing a car booking- ain't that a century on debut?

Yes, I need to publish the details- and I will do in due course of time.
daretodream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2015, 18:37   #3080
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Considered:[/b] Alto AMT, Celerio AMT VXI and ZXI, and, Grand i10 AMT
If you had the option of extending the company limit to 10-11 L, why not Polo 1.2 tsi dual clutch auto? There's nothing wrong with grand i10, its a good car, but still.
zulfi hansi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2015, 14:38   #3081
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
If you had the option of extending the company limit to 10-11 L, why not Polo 1.2 tsi dual clutch auto? There's nothing wrong with grand i10, its a good car, but still.
@zulfi hansi
We couldn't get test ride for Volkswagen after visiting 2 times. Neither did they offer a drive as per appointment so we left it at that.

We took 2 times test ride for Grand i10 - 2nd one pretty exhaustive one.

Looks-wise and feature-wise, wife was pretty happy with Grand i10 and what sealed the deal was the wonderful courtesy and follow-up from Advaith Motors, Bellandur.

Moreover, we found mostly positive reviews of this car on this forum, so went ahead.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd June 2015 at 18:08. Reason: Post edited for grammar & spacing.
daretodream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2015, 17:57   #3082
BHPian
 
sourav9385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 415
Thanked: 686 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Gentlemen!

I've just been informed that our car has reached the stock yard.
So I'll be going tomorrow to do the PDI, followed by payment release in the event PDI is successful.

Car in question is the Elite i20 Asta Diesel. So, apart from the usual stuff, is there anything specific I need to check for the i20?

If anyone has any pointers, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks & cheers!
sourav9385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2015, 13:28   #3083
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

After dreaming of a car for a year and reading team bhp for 6 months, I booked this. Finally got membership approval from Team BHP yesterday,

Make : FIAT
Model : Punto Evo
Variant : Emotion
Fuel : 1.3 Multijet Diesel
Booking Date : 4th June 2015
Color : Exotica red
Expected Delivery Date : 28th June 2015
Dealer & City : Ramkay FIAT, Chennai
Freebies : Mud flaps, floor mats, OEM Car cover with FIAT logo
Discount: Rs. 30,000 worth of cash discount + free insurance worth Rs.28,928
OTR price: Rs. 8,09,955
Others : None
Accessories planned: Seat Covers, 3M under body coat and paint sealant treatment

Eagerly waiting to see the red queen.
puntoer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2015, 13:52   #3084
BHPian
 
Paleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntoer View Post
After dreaming of a car for a year and reading team bhp for 6 months, I booked this. Finally got membership approval from Team BHP yesterday,

Make : FIAT
Model : Punto Evo
Variant : Emotion
Fuel : 1.3 Multijet Diesel
Booking Date : 4th June 2015
Color : Exotica red
Expected Delivery Date : 28th June 2015
Dealer & City : Ramkay FIAT, Chennai
Freebies : Mud flaps, floor mats, OEM Car cover with FIAT logo
Discount: Rs. 30,000 worth of cash discount + free insurance worth Rs.28,928
OTR price: Rs. 8,09,955
Others : None
Accessories planned: Seat Covers, 3M under body coat and paint sealant treatment

Eagerly waiting to see the red queen.

That seems like a good deal you have landed

@ Divyasharan - I really think you should bargain harder. Definitely there are more discounts on offer for the Evo Petrol

Last edited by Paleo : 18th June 2015 at 13:54.
Paleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 11:37   #3085
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,130
Thanked: 16,681 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Optional booking, based on an extensive Test Drive I did yesterday.

Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV 500
Variant : W6
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 18/06/2015
Color : Volcano Black
Expected Delivery Date : mid-August 2015
Freebies : Are you crazy?!
Accessories Planned: DRLs for foglamp casings, Art-leather seat covers
Price : 14.37 lacs
Booking Amount : 51,000/-
Dealership : Ralas Motors

Between this and my Hyundai Creta booking (The "I Booked my Car" Thread), let's see which SUV impresses me more.

The long wait begins!
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 12:57   #3086
BHPian
 
Paleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 53
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Was in the market for Ecosport for wify. Didnt work out as she is short and clutch reach was beyond comfort. Auto was above budget.
Had considered the Avventura as well, but wasnt too comfortable in the driver's seat.
Test drove the Polo Petrol, found the 3 pot engine's sound weird
Drove the GT and there was no second thought ( despite the well known jerking issue and suspect VW service)

Booked the Polo GT TSI
Carbon steel Grey
Only Zero depreciation and accessories kit given free
OTR - 9.8 L Pune (with extended warranty 2+2)
Dealer - BU bhandari
Only addition planned - get dual horn (and if they dont come with Apollo Alnac - might consider an upgrade)

Delivery expected - end of month !
Paleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 20:32   #3087
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 33
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Hi,

After months of agonizing over the launch of 2015 refresh of Safari and XUV, settled for TD of the 2014 models of these 2 and Scorpio. Also had an offer of a sparsely used Fortuner at an enticing cost. Finally Heart ruled over Mind and booked the 2015 Safari Storme

Booked:

Make: TATA
Model: Safari Storme Refreshed 2015
Variant: VX 4X4
Booking Date : 12-05-2015
Color: Urban Bronze
Expected Delivery Date : Typical Tata. Keeps shifting - from 05 June to 12 June to 22 June to now 29 June
Accessories Planned: Reverse Video Camera, GPS Sat Nav, alloy wheel for spare steel rim
Price: 16,25,000/- On Road
Booking Amount: 21000/-
Dealership: Concorde Motors, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi.
Freebies: Floor Mats, Mud flaps, window visors, Car Perfume
Discount: 4,000/ + 11,000/
aviddenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 16:11   #3088
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 1,390 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

And here is my update for this thread first time -

Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV 500
Variant : W10
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 09/JUN/2015
Color : Sunset Orange
Expected Delivery Date : 23/Jun/2015
Freebies : mats, body cover, under chassis coating
Accessories Planned: None
Price : 18.5 lakhs Approx
Booking Amount : 25,000/-
Dealership: Sireesh Auto

The wait is about to end this week
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 16:36   #3089
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviddenis View Post
Hi,

After months of agonizing over the launch of 2015 refresh of Safari and XUV, settled for TD of the 2014 models of these 2 and Scorpio. Also had an offer of a sparsely used Fortuner at an enticing cost. Finally Heart ruled over Mind and booked the 2015 Safari Storme

Booked:

Make: TATA
Model: Safari Storme Refreshed 2015
Variant: VX 4X4
Booking Date : 12-05-2015
Color: Urban Bronze
Expected Delivery Date : Typical Tata. Keeps shifting - from 05 June to 12 June to 22 June to now 29 June
Accessories Planned: Reverse Video Camera, GPS Sat Nav, alloy wheel for spare steel rim
Price: 16,25,000/- On Road
Booking Amount: 21000/-
Dealership: Concorde Motors, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi.
Freebies: Floor Mats, Mud flaps, window visors, Car Perfume
Discount: 4,000/ + 11,000/
Hi Aviddenis, you have mentioned a discount amount as 4000 +11,000 ( 4000 I presume is the corporate Discount, what is the 11,000 Discount?
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 18:42   #3090
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 33
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Hi Rajneesh, Since this is 2015 model there is no corporate discount. 4K is from dealer and 11 K is the discount I managed to get on the zero dep insurance.

I could manage these 2 discounts because I had earlier booked another car which was not handled well by them due to some communication issues between them and TML. The freebies and discounts are their way of service recovery and I am especially appreciative of the sincerity and helpful nature of my SA.
aviddenis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread a4anurag Motorbikes 26 14th November 2016 14:11
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks