Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 15th September 2011, 12:54   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ANHC vs OPTRA vs SCORPIO vs SAFARI vs VENTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Are you rejecting the Innova ONLY because you do not like the its looks? If yes, I would suggest you take a look at it in all shades and then decide.

Also, I second what a few others have said about buying an SUV that unless you regularly use your automobile on bad roads/cross country trips, you d be better off with a sedan in terms of driving comfort, technology(in the range that you are shopping for), and modernity offered.
+1.

If you are doing moderate bad roads, nothing beats an Innova for sheer comfort.

Otherwise you are in the realm of 4x4 off roaders, and one of the most comfortable vehicle under 25L is the good old Pajero, followed by the Yeti, if smaller size is no issue.

In the Sedan category you will have a difficult time finding a high GC vehicle, as it affects the on road performance, and in that category the old Ford Fusion and the current SX4 Zxi are the best. Even here the best GC is way below that of other 4x4.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 22:02   #92
BHPian

Default OPTRA Test Drive

Being inspired by Poitive and Keyur I was really bent upon for a TD of the Optra Magnum Diesel. Had earlier faced problems with one dealer as he did not have the car at all.

Booking the TD
Tried another dealer and he was agreeable for a Test Drive within 15 minutes. At this point I am not sure whether I will go for the Optra or not but the Sales people at Chevy are a notch above the people at Hyundai. IMHO a good beginning goes a long way in changing the mind of a buyer.

Knowledge of the sales staff
Another good thing that I marked was that if the sales guy did not know about something he was truthful about it. He had a fairly good idea about the car and did mention that the car will NOT be discontinued in the near future. He further stated that the Aveo and UVA will get new launches next year.

The drive itself
By the time I arrived in the showroom the car was ready. It was a new car (LT variant).
I allowed the sales guy to drive from the showroom to a vacant road as I did not want to risk a new car on the busy streets.

My initial impressions about the exterior are that the car looks extremely elegant from the outside. So far as the inside is concerned it was spacious. As a matter of purely personal choice I have reservations about leather interiors. They look good. But in hot and humid cities I feel that probably fabric would be better.

The feel of the car from the driver's perspective: Great gear shift, a really powerful engine at your disposal. The noise levels in the cabin are minimal and the optra does seem to be a no nonsense car.

As on date I am looking forward to the TD of the Fluidic Verna in the days to come.
raichoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 17:14   #93
BHPian

Default Re: ANHC vs OPTRA vs SCORPIO vs SAFARI vs VENTO

Trying for a TD of the Verna; it seems that the Hyundai people are reluctant to give Test Drives. The moment one asks for Verna diesel they try to shut you up by saying that there is a waiting of 6 months. It seems that the Hyundai people are not very eager to sell the diesel Verna.
raichoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote