Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 23rd February 2011, 20:05   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Finalized to buy my first car, need a little help here

Hello
@Bandhul,ajay_satpute and mdsaab-thanks for the opinion
@mdsaab: automatics are the way to go, but it will be too costly as i can see Sportz AT is 5.06 Lacs Ex-Showroom (as on website), instead i could go for Asta which is only 25 K more, atleast i will get all the features

And now that we have made the decision that it would be an i10, can i consider the i10 IRDE diesel option..Why dont we see too many Diesels in i10 around here???

Awaiting responses before i goto showroom this saturday / next monday

Cheers
shridhar.s.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 20:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hello
@Bandhul,ajay_satpute and mdsaab-thanks for the opinion
@mdsaab: automatics are the way to go, but it will be too costly as i can see Sportz AT is 5.06 Lacs Ex-Showroom (as on website), instead i could go for Asta which is only 25 K more, atleast i will get all the features

And now that we have made the decision that it would be an i10, can i consider the i10 IRDE diesel option..Why dont we see too many Diesels in i10 around here???

Cheers
There is no i10 diesel, to the best of my knowledge the i10 with the Santro engine is called IRDE, I may be wrong here, and the i10 with the 1.2 is called the Kappa.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 20:28   #48
BHPian

Quick reply (didn't read all post):

There is *NEW* Tata Indica is comming in March.

Petrol: Rs. 3,30,000/-
Diesel: Rs. 3,90,000/-
The main feature of this India: 25 KM/Ltr
DarkEraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 20:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEraser View Post
Quick reply (didn't read all post):

There is *NEW* Tata Indica is comming in March.

Petrol: Rs. 3,30,000/-
Diesel: Rs. 3,90,000/-
The main feature of this India: 25 KM/Ltr
Hey DarkEraser,
Thanks for the heads up, after seeing your post, i did a little google and found out that Indica is being launched with the DICOR engine (now badged as CR4), this will definitely take the mileage above 20 i believe,
And yes they say it is being launched in March
Here is the link
Tata Indica Dicor CR4 2011 New Model Launch With BS4 Engine

Boy 'o' Boy, and i thought Indica is History..I have driven the Indica dicor and its power delivery is smooth...no one can argue there for sure..so got 2 showrooms to visit now..TATA and Hyundai...

Cheers
Old 23rd February 2011, 23:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

As @musicmanaman rightly said. The i10 is not available in diesel. Too bad. Would have been a great option for many.

True the auto sportz wont have all the features of the asta, but do test drive both of them before you decide.

Personally have not had a great experience with tata in pune, thats why i am leaning towards the i10 in my recommendation to you.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 11:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

As per the official Hyundai site, http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...313114502.html, i10 IS available in diesel engine called IRDe2.

Its a 1.1 L 69 PS engine. Only problem is the highest variant available on this is the Magna, which has too less features. But, it should give you terrific FE.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 12:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
As per the official Hyundai site, http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...313114502.html, i10 IS available in diesel engine called IRDe2.

Its a 1.1 L 69 PS engine. Only problem is the highest variant available on this is the Magna, which has too less features. But, it should give you terrific FE.
Hi Ajay,
I checked out the link you mentioned and also a couple of other sites, i believe there s no diesel engine in i10, IRDE2 is a petrol

Can anyone plz provide the inputs here, this seems confusing, a petrol engine named resembling diesels
Old 24th February 2011, 12:09   #53
Team-BHP Support

i10 is available in only Petrol.
There was an electric version showcased at Delhi Auto Show but its not available and there is no indication of when it will be available.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 12:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post

Cheers
Are you sure you want to go for an i10 inspite of the steering issues and complete lack of response from Hyundai if , God forbid, some nagging issue crops up in your car?
skanchan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 12:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Holy Moly!

This is damn confusing. Sorry, Shridhar for providing confusing/wrong info.

As I had mention previously, please go for the ASTA variant. You won't regret. It is so much loaded, that you will need to keep the user manual with you for some time, till you know what all features are there in the car.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 12:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Are you sure you want to go for an i10 inspite of the steering issues and complete lack of response from Hyundai if , God forbid, some nagging issue crops up in your car?
@Sandesh- I do know you had a very bad experience with EPS (And i had also commented in you thread to take the legal way), but as i had mentioned earlier multiple people in my family (including my elder brother, uncle, cousin sister) and also couple of my neighbours own i10, no one has complained much so it also influences my decison.

I am a firm believer of TATA's because i own TATA estate and it has had vey less issues too (lucky me) and hence Indica DLS is under consideration
Old 24th February 2011, 17:53   #57
BHPian

Shridhar.S.i.

You may wish to take a look at the Tata dealership review thread which have bad reviews/feedback on Tata Dicor 1.4 Engine over their TDI/NA engines.
Sridhar K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 20:48   #58
BHPian

Guys, I dont know if someone will read this post but it is my duty to end what i started, so here goes the thing..I have finalized to buy Maruti Ritz Lxi...Found it be satisfying all the required we discussed in previous posts
-It has a good reliability report in the last 2 years
-Good engine, AC and legroom
-Suitable for B2B traffic and cramped parking with tight corners (like the one in my office parking)
-Leaves scope for improvement like tyre upgrades etc which can be done later as vitamin M availability increases

The only alternative i could think of was the Hyundai i10 Magna, but as i specified before, i am a lil bulky and prefer good seating space / shoulder room and found ritz to be a lil more spacious than i10

As always, comments are welcome
Old 20th April 2011, 21:08   #59
Senior - BHPian

A fine choice indeed. If you like the ritz and feel more comfortable in it then why not.
Its a great car, and.is backed by legendary Maruti service. Any offers or deals from the dealer? Keep us posted.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 21:20   #60
BHPian

Thanks mdsaab for the kind words (I will be going for a test drive maybe this saturday),

Since it is my first car so had to make a lot of considerations, i10 came very close to being the obvious choice and i will say firmly to all the readers who are skeptical about the new i10 Kappa2 - "There is nothing wrong with the car", it is just that i am a little big for it and so had to choose a little bigger option..i also did a comparo between ritz and swift Lxi base models, and felt that ritz being around 20k cheaper is a better option considering it has everything that swift Lxi can offer (maybe except the rally suspension) and ofcourse the looks but i can live with that as this is not my last car, but only the first one..there is lot to learn and lot to drive...and i can only hope and pray that i dont regret the decision i made
Cheers