Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 13:42   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Driver's car within 7 lakhs

Just wait for few days for new swift and it shall fulfill all your requirements. Else you cannot go wrong with punto or figo either.
Anandg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th February 2011, 13:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Just wait for few days for new swift...

I never knew that Maruti will be launching the new Swift within a couple of days.

Anand, can you please tell me the exact date?
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 14:13   #33
BHPian

Considering your requirements (of less than 7 lakhs) this is what you can go for in that order,

1. PUNTO 75 HP
2. FIGO TDCi
3. LOGAN Diesel

If you are ready to stretch upto 8 lakhs then I think i20 CRDI and Punto 90 HP should go to the top.
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 14:35   #34
BHPian

I have driven both the Punto 75 MJD and the Logan Diesel 1.5 extensively (on highways) and I vote for the Punto. I had a horrible experience of oversteer on the Bandipur road section. Also, I wouldn't call the Logan a driver's car! (@sam: Good one!). I feel its got stiff suspension which is a problem on curves at higher speeds. Just my opinion!*

*Results might vary for different drivers.
ahwajid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 15:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

SUV doesnt provide high speed cornering stability etc.
a sedan/hatch does it perfectly.

if you enjoyed a SUV for this then but obvious you will love a sedan/hatch more.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 16:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
SUV doesnt provide high speed cornering stability etc.
a sedan/hatch does it perfectly.

if you enjoyed a SUV for this then but obvious you will love a sedan/hatch more.
I don't think you can call Logan an SUV, thats what you meant! Logan is a sedan from what I know. Anyway, I was just trying to justify between a Logan and GP for the user's requirement.
Old 25th February 2011, 16:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
I don't think you can call Logan an SUV, thats what you meant! Logan is a sedan from what I know. Anyway, I was just trying to justify between a Logan and GP for the user's requirement.
man who is calling logan a SUV ?

i replied to the thread started who was explaining that he loved his SUV for high speed cornering etc.

Quote:
Yes, this is our exact requirement. We have enjoyed the SUV in highway and now looking for a perfect diesel car to feel the pleasures that we miss in SUV (like cornering, high speed stability, maneuver).

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 25th February 2011 at 16:51.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 17:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:

i replied to the thread started who was explaining that he loved his SUV for high speed cornering etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Yes, this is our exact requirement. We have enjoyed the SUV in highway and now looking for a perfect diesel car to feel the pleasures that we miss in SUV (like cornering, high speed stability, maneuver).
A wrong turn being taken there. The OP mentioned that is looking for a hatch/sedan to feel the pleasures of cornering, high speed stability, maneuver that he missed in an SUV.

GP 90HP would rivet into your requirements perfectly.
SilkDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 17:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:

My bad! sorry! I thought you replied to the bit where I had an oversteer during a high speed cornering. Sorry again!
Old 18th March 2011, 15:52   #40
BHPian

HI Guys
I also have same requirement from my car and booked GP 90HP. But the dealer here in Gurgaon is spoiling all the fun and second time the delivery commitment was not honored. Now I am thinking whether to wait for some more time (already 15 days have been past) or look for other options.
dj_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 14:32   #41
BHPian

Figo TDCI......go for it
ashwin_seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 16:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
HI Guys
I also have same requirement from my car and booked GP 90HP. But the dealer here in Gurgaon is spoiling all the fun and second time the delivery commitment was not honored. Now I am thinking whether to wait for some more time (already 15 days have been past) or look for other options.
I would suggest you to be a little more patient, this happens with every other manufacturer. And in case this makes you doubt their service after sales, I would say it won't be the same. Recently I've been consistently seeing a big improvement and a conscious effort in their A.S.S.
Once you get the 90HP in your hands, all your vain will vanish. Believe me, in diesel segment there is no match to 90HP now. All the Best to you!
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 17:25   #43
Team-BHP Support

You have two options.

Either wait for Maruti to introduce the new Swift (I don't think you'll need to wait too long) or the new Fiesta - the best handling car under 15 lakhs. But my guess is that the new Ford will be considerably more expensive than the out-going one.

OR, buy the Fiat Punto Emotion+ 90hp MJD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

BTW-Since you have a i10, why dont you speak to your dealer and try to swap/exchange your i10 with a sparing used Getz CRDI if some customer is willing to part with his/her Getz.

Nothing to beat a Getz CRDI.It is a wonderful Hatchback.
The thread-starter is looking for a sporty, powerful, stable and sure-footed car that can handle the highways well.

The Getz CRDI is sporty and powerful, but when it comes to handling, stability and braking, it's probably the one of the worst out there. It's a pity, because that CRDI engine is wonderful and the chassis/brakes does no justice to it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th March 2011 at 17:32.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 14:21   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Once you get the 90HP in your hands, all your vain will vanish. Believe me, in diesel segment there is no match to 90HP now. All the Best to you!
I think I am also forcing myself for the same. Other option I had in my mind is a Vento TDi TL, but that also has 3 month's waiting time and ofcourse will dig a deeper hole in my pocket. So the wait continues..
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
I think I am also forcing myself for the same. Other option I had in my mind is a Vento TDi TL, but that also has 3 month's waiting time and ofcourse will dig a deeper hole in my pocket. So the wait continues..
Changed the color to Tuscan Wine as Exotic Red is not yet available and will take around 20 more days