Our latest Indian car sales and analysis for the month of April 2013 is out.
Here are the salient points:
1. 8 models from Maruti occupy the top 20 sales rankings. These are the Alto (19847 units), Dzire (19446 units), Swift (16531 units), WagonR (12794 units), Ertiga (5168 units), Omni (4874 units), Ritz (4443 units) and Eeco (3822 units).
2. 5 models from Hyundai are also present in the top 20, with Eon (8350 units), i10 (8194 units), i20 (6230 units), Verna (4809 units) and Santro (4264 units).
3. Renault's Duster SUV comprehensively outsells Mahindra's Scorpio (5362 units versus 4437 units).
4. Only the 5 cars mentioned below have shown month-on-month gains, the rest have all lost numbers this month!
5. The gainers for the month of April were Honda's Amaze (4852 units in April and 2552 in March), Tata Motor's Indica+Vista (5943 units), Chevrolet's Sail sedan (2469 units), followed by Hyundai's Verna and Santro (4809 and 4264 units respectively).
6. The Amaze has eaten into Honda's other offerings such as the Brio and City which have posted a decline in April sales of 58.4% and 44.1% respectively.
7. Models in terminal decline are the Chevrolet Captiva (1 unit sold in April), Hindustan Motor's Lancer & Cedia, Montero and Outlander (0 units sold since Jan 2013), Maruti's Grand Vitara and Kizashi (April sales of 1 and 0 respectively), Tata Aria (8 units sold in April).
Click here to view the full report and all charts.