Mercedes-Benz (Shaman Wheels Pvt. Ltd.) invited us for a special preview of the upcoming A-Class.
Please note that this was just a preview, hence no figures have been shared.
- The Mercedes A-Class will be launched in two model lines: A 180 CDI (Diesel) & A 180 Sport (Petrol).
- "7G-DCT" 7-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission with paddle shifts.
- Diesel claims a fuel efficiency of 20 kmpl. ARAI certified.
- Safety features: bi-xenon headlamps, 7 airbags, ABS, ESP, acceleration skid control, adaptive brake lights, attention assist, hill start assist, brake assist, electric parking brake, tyre pressure loss warning.
- Dimensions: 4,292 x 1,780 x 1,433 mm (LxWxH). That's just a little shorter and wider than the average C+ segment sedan.
- Mercedes has mentioned that they have no existing plans of launching a sub-20 lakh car in India; so expect the price to go North of that.
- Mercedes-Benz will have the first mover advantage (against the BMW 1-Series and Audi A3) when they launch the A-Class by the end of this month.
- This is the 3rd generation A-Class (W176).