Thank you to Team-BHP fan Sathish Chowdry for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!
Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Ignis in India on January 13, 2017. Ahead of its scheduled launch, the car's official brochure has been leaked, giving a brief idea about its variant-wise feature and powertrain distribution. The Ignis, which will be sold through the NEXA dealership chain, will be available in four variants - Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha.
Maruti will be offering two engine options with the Ignis - a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel. The petrol will be available in all four variants, while the diesel won't be offered in the Sigma (base) trim. A 5-speed MT gearbox will be standard with both engines. An AMT unit will also be offered with the petrol as well as diesel engines, though it will only be available with the mid-level Delta and Zeta variants.
Following are other major takeaways from the leaked brochure:
• LED projector headlamps & DRLs will be available only on the top-end Alpha trim
• Zeta and Alpha variants will come with alloy wheels. Delta trim will get full wheel covers
• The touchscreen Smart Play infotainment system will be available with the Alpha variants, while Delta and Zeta trims will come with a 2 DIN audio system
• Delta, Zeta and Alpha trim levels will also get USB and Bluetooth connectivity and also steering mounted audio controls
• Automatic climate control will be offered only with the Alpha trim
• Push button start will be available on the Zeta and Alpha variants
• Spare wheel in all the variants is of steel type
• ABS with EBD and dual front airbags are standard across all variants
Maruti will be offering a wide range of colour options with the Ignis, though they will be distributed within the four trim levels. Pearl Arctic White and Silky Silver will be the only two colours available with each of the four variants. Glistening Grey will not be offered on the top-end Alpha variant, while Urban Blue won't be available with the entry-level Sigma trim. Uptown Red and Tinsel Blue will be available only with the Zeta and Delta variants. The Ignis can also be opted in three dual-tone colour schemes, which will only be available with the Zeta and Alpha variants. These dual-tone colours include Uptown Red with Midnight Black, Tinsel Blue with Midnight Black, and Tinsel Blue with Pearl Arctic White.