ArticlesPre-delivery Inspection & Check List
At the Showroom:
1. Be Courteous: Donít bully around. Itís a nice happy moment and the sales staff is as excited as you are. Treat them with respect, and you will get better service.
2. Get a Demo - Part of the salesperson's job is to acquaint you with your new car's features and how each one operates. Ask him to demonstrate the car fully, and top to bottom, in order to understand how everything works on the vehicle.
3. Visit the Service Department: We recommend meeting the service manager and getting familiar with the service center facilities.
1. Check the car again: A lot could have happened between the pre-registration inspection and today. Itís best to walk around the car and ascertain that the car is super clean! Look for any signs of repair work / damage such as paint difference, dents etc. Even the interiors should be squeaky clean.
2. Check that all lights and electric accessories are working fine.
3. Confirm that all the accessories you ordered are fitted on the car.
4. Check that the spare wheel is fresh. And that all related tools (spanner, jack etc.) are present. Are there wheel locks? If so, ensure that the lug key is there in the car.
5. Misc : Wipers, floor matting, first-aid kit & hazard sign.
6. What is the mileage on your car? It should not be more than a 100 km (or in the whereabouts) for most brands.
7. Ensure that there is enough fuel in the car. At least to get you to the nearest petrol pump.
8. Somehow, most new cars are delivered with over-inflated tyres by the showroom. Check the tyre pressure and make the necessary adjustments.