Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2008, 19:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Fantasic Shots Riju, you are outdoing yourself in successive travelogues.

Surprise, reality is for press photographers. Hobby photographers are like artists, they are free to do any amount of post-processing to show what they like.
Old 14th December 2008, 20:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Devaru Mahesh , like I said I was well informed in advance and yes we had 2 chaps from the facility keep a watch on our car all thru when we drove in front of the MCF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Can you post the original pics of stream pls....
Boss those are the original shots of the stream. How do I explain now ?
Well here is what I did, put the camera on a tripod and a 3 sec exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Fantasic Shots Riju, you are outdoing yourself in successive travelogues.
Sharath thanks much, I must admit I decided on using AP mode only after we met last and you suggested I shoot in Aperture mode than in manual.

Went on to follow our resident Rudro's advice on using the color curves. He did explain it really well in one of the thread's and this was the outcome.
Old 14th December 2008, 22:04   #18
BHPian

Nice travelogue and super pics. The long exposures of the small falls / streams have come out really good.
Old 14th December 2008, 22:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Riju
Fantastic pics ! More pics of baleno please !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Hit the hassan - belur highway and was in for a complete surprise. Excellent road and what more, I did a top whack of 180+ (as per speedo) on this road GPS showed 177kmph.
180 in Baleno with S drives.
Did u read these threads before doing that. Very Very Essential threads
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ving-fast.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-s-drives.html
Old 15th December 2008, 02:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

When I came to see the thread I was expecting some nice pictures and I wasn't disappointed. Nice shots Riju, keep them coming.. I'm sure you'll have lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Surprise, reality is for press photographers. Hobby photographers are like artists, they are free to do any amount of post-processing to show what they like.
One big thumbs up to what Samurai said, we hobbyist have the artistic freedom to make something to what we like it to be. And exactly this is what I say to my friends who wants to see reality or whatever.
Old 15th December 2008, 08:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

First, belated Anniversary wishes.

Excellent shots. Frankly, the pics never allowed me to read the travelogue.

The first picture in your 2nd post, is really fantastic. How do you guys do all these man.

That reminds me something. Time for next Photo shoot meet!

On a lighter note: Hope your better half was ok with you spending most of the time with your cam on a Aniversary outing
Old 15th December 2008, 09:24   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju. Nice vacation buddy and belated annv. wishes.

Commenting on the pictures would be useless as I know as much about photography as people in Peru know about Cricket or Sachin.

All I can is that I see simple views that one would see everyday being transformed into work of art through your eyes(the camera)

Quote:
... Me and wifey headed over to her friends house while my bro-in-law got the car washed.
So after all, these 'bro-in-laws' are of some use . Just kidding sir..
Old 15th December 2008, 12:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
Nice travelogue and super pics. The long exposures of the small falls / streams have come out really good.
Thanks pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Riju
Fantastic pics ! More pics of baleno please !

180 in Baleno with S drives.
Did u read these threads before doing that. Very Very Essential threads
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ving-fast.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-s-drives.html
I being one of the 1st people on this very forum to take the plunge have no gripes with those tyres. They suit my driving style and wait till I finish and speak about my driving experience back from Hassan to Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
When I came to see the thread I was expecting some nice pictures and I wasn't disappointed. Nice shots Riju, keep them coming.. I'm sure you'll have lot more.
Kaushik thanks man,inspiration always comes from fellow photographers who criticize.Aint it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
First, belated Anniversary wishes.
Excellent shots. Frankly, the pics never allowed me to read the travelogue.
The first picture in your 2nd post, is really fantastic. How do you guys do all these man.

That reminds me something. Time for next Photo shoot meet!

On a lighter note: Hope your better half was ok with you spending most of the time with your cam on a Aniversary outing
Thanks my friend. Wifey was all ok and she knew I wud be on a shooting spree and hence she also went on to take more pix than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Riju. Nice vacation buddy and belated annv. wishes.
Commenting on the pictures would be useless as I know as much about photography as people in Peru know about Cricket or Sachin.

All I can is that I see simple views that one would see everyday being transformed into work of art through your eyes(the camera)
So after all, these 'bro-in-laws' are of some use . Just kidding sir..
Thanks much Shahnawaz and I am humbled, bro-in-law is an automobile engineer in the making. All he needs is my car and then doesnt care about his 3 meals for the day.

Day 3 coming up later today.
Old 15th December 2008, 13:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Day 3 : 8-Dec-08

We are up by 6:30 am today and planning what needs to be done for the 2nd half of the day. 1st half is to be spent visiting Mullayanagiri and Bababudangiri back for lunch and then what next ?

My better half wants to see both the peaks with a lot of mist and I know for sure if I did do visit the place with mist around us my blue sky fantasies would go for a toss.I have this fetish for blue skies . The devil in me decides to play spoilsport with my lady's idea of getting to the peak when the mist is still around.

I delay breakfast as much as possible and we leave only by 10am. The drive to Mullayanagiri is lovely and an eye candy for nature lovers minus the bad roads. I cant seem to fathom why our lousie gov' doesnt provide good roads to atleast tourist destinations.

We reach Mullayanagiri and climb the steps to reach the peak. Here you go with some pictures of the place.No PP done apart from adding the frames, most shots processed from RAW to JPEG and posted as is.

We are greeted with this view .

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0064-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0221-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0232-medium.jpg

I counted 504 steps , those of you who have counted it please post the exact number.

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0237-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0238-medium.jpg

The temple atop Mullayanagiri

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0239-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0245-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0252-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0261-medium.jpg

Further on we drive from Mullayanagiri to Bababudangiri and here is what you see.

Couldn't visit the cave in Bababudangiri since it was closed for tourist and there seems have to been some kinda communal problems. We decided to drive on further for another 3/4 kms to see Maanikyadhaara.

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0289-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0290-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0294-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0295-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0296-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0298-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0299-medium.jpg

Name:  DSC_0301 Medium.jpg
Views: 2665
Size:  50.5 KB

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0303-medium.jpg

We were back at our home stay by 3pm dead tired. Ansar's mom treated us with some excellent chicken kebabs and I slept like a log only to wake up by 6pm.

Later during the evening we took off to Chikmagalur town and got ourselves some coffee powder and the usual mundane shopping. I get back and start washing the car since tomorrow we gotto drive back.

For the 1st time, it gets really cold in Chikmagalur and I never experienced this in the last 2 days. My toes go numb again

Ansar gets back asking me if I could shoot some pics of his homestay and post it on Holiday IQ. I simply obliged and it was an honor.I spent about 45 mins shooting his homestay and go on to have dinner.

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0328edited-medium.jpg

Travelogue : Chikmagalur and Kemmungundi was my destination this time ...-dsc_0341-copy-medium.jpg

Its 10:30pm and we hit the sack, reality as usual starts to sink in. Tomorrow we are back to chaos .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 15th December 2008 at 13:39.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kaushik thanks man,inspiration always comes from fellow photographers who criticize.Aint it ?
He he yeah, very true. But I didn't put critique here as it's a travelogue. Would put the comments on your flickr a/c then. Just a few general comments, be careful about the tilted horizons when you are using a UWA (( guess you are using your 10-20mm, right?). And in the last set, the light was bit flat and harsh it seems.
My pick of the lot are the HDR on the first post (the two after the flower macro). And in the next post, I loved the vertical shot of the Hebbe falls, very nicely framed. And you had seen lot of greenary, when I went there it was all dried up, kind of looked very barren.
So the roads are still in shambles, I really don;t understand why they are not repairing those road for such a long time.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:03   #26
Team-BHP Support

Since i've already wished you in advance for your anniversary, leaving out that part of it here.

Err , someone was telling me to post pics in higher resolution, but looks like he forgot it himself. Riju, i feel some of the pics have not been adjusted properly with respect to the tone mapping, specially the Baleno pic on the first page. Just look at the color difference of the sky between the branches of the tree.

That apart, its always a treat reading and viewing your travelogues and will wait for the rest of the write-up. I totally agree with the part about the surprises going damp.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Rjiu, how did you get this farmes on the pics? Any special software you are using or it is one of the inbuilt characterstic of the camera?
Old 15th December 2008, 15:42   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Rjiu, how did you get this farmes on the pics? Any special software you are using or it is one of the inbuilt characterstic of the camera?
In Photoshop you can create your own by manipulating the canvas.

These latest set of shots reminding me of my trip in the same area last December.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:11   #29
BHPian

What a better way to celebrate your wedding anniversary than travelling ! Happy (belated) anniversay

Nice travelogue rjstyles. I liked the photos very much. In fact, pic #8 and 9 looks like a painting.

Quote:
My better half wants to see both the peaks with a lot of mist and I know for sure if I did do visit the place with mist around us my blue sky fantasies would go for a toss.I have this fetish for blue skies . The devil in me decides to play spoilsport with my lady's idea of getting to the peak when the mist is still around.

I delay breakfast as much as possible and we leave only by 10am.
Could you have gone there early so that your wifey enjoyed mist and then when the mist cleared you could have enjoyed clear blue sky? Never mind, just my thought...
Old 15th December 2008, 18:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Day 3 : 8-Dec-08

I delay breakfast as much as possible and we leave only by 10am.

Dude, misty morning are much more romantic then a clear blue sky in harsh mid-day light apart from the fact you missed the best time to shoot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks