Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 12:37   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
I'm curious to know what the current car loan interest rates are?

Mohnish? Are you going through a loan?
No, I am intending to go without the loan...thats why the major effort to raise the funds!!! By nature, I prefer not to go into debt of any kind and definately not for a depriciating asset. It all adds up to the monthly expenses and me being self employed cannot depend on a fixed income every month. Hence, am cautious.

However, regards your query on the current rates, I did find out from two banks...A nationalised bank is offering @11.50% p.a. on reducing balance without any penalty for prepayment of loan. A private sector bank is offering @11.25% p.a. on reducing balance but the penalty for prepayment of loan is 5% of the remaining capital.

Hope this helps with your query.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:21   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys. This is a problems and solutions thread. Can you please stick to the topic...
Old 1st April 2009, 16:30   #138
BANNED

Mohnish, thanks for that info.

4x4addict, sorry for digressing from topic.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:30   #139
Senior - BHPian

Hi, apologies for coming up with another problem (perceived as yet) in my VLX. I am monitoring the same before I approach Mahindra yet again.

1. For the last few days I am feeling that the Car is literally dragging itself and begging for more power. Usually in 5th gear between 90-100 KMPH the tech is showing 2300-2500 RPM, earlier it used to be under 2000.
In the 4th if I near 80 it climbs up to 3000 rpm.

2. The average the down to 9 from 11+ i was getting earlier.

3. The engine noice has also increased (noisier than my neighbours old CRDE) and so have the viberations in the car.

4. The gears have become extremely hard and stiff, and it is taking an effort to change.

5. The clutch has become extremly soft, and more often than not i need to pump before I can change the gear.

This time I plan to show it to my neighbourhood mechanic (Only TD & Opinion, no touching the engine bay) before I approach the A.S.S & M&M.

I am now getting tired of the issues and the car itself, and very seriously planning to sell it off.

I had got used to the trouble free Maruti Wagon R with a once / year servicing routine and hate the routine visits to the A.S.S. (at lease 1-2 a month) now despite the friendly faces at the Mahindra A.S.S.

P.S. The ignition key assembly is still to arrive from M&M (as per the Asst. Service Manager) as a result at least twice a week I fail to turn the key in the morning and take an auto / bus as per availability to the office.
It has been nearly 3 weeks since I reported to the A.S.S., I am too sick & tired and ashamed to write /call M&M customer service.

Any pointers will be helpful
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:04   #140
Senior - BHPian

M_upreti,

This is certainly a first that I am coming across so many issues with the MHawk.

For the ignition, this is really bad. So long! For this case, if available, I could have brought one and shipped it to you! Would have reached you a long time back!

For the other issue, not the brightest statement, but I seriously think that a improper diagnosis of the issue has happened and all are looking at the wrong place. Just a gut (my gut!) feeling!

Are you getting any of those warning lights on your dash? The engine seems to be working under stress.

Hope the friendly neighborhood mechanic gets lucky in finding the issue.
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:51   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi, apologies for coming up with another problem (perceived as yet) in my VLX. I am monitoring the same before I approach Mahindra yet again.
-----------------------------
It has been nearly 3 weeks since I reported to the A.S.S., I am too sick & tired and ashamed to write /call M&M customer service.

Any pointers will be helpful
I think you really need to write a comprehensive stinker to M&M (addressed to Pawan Goenka himself). I would highly - HIGHLY - recommend starting a fresh thread about the niggles pertaining to only your Scorpio and hence get wider feedback from TBHPians. I would also recommend joining this group: Mahindra_Scorpio@yahoogroups.com and post your niggles there. I am sure you will increase the reach of your feedback.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2009 at 18:17. Reason: Readability
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:21   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, apologies for coming up with another problem....
Thats what this thread is for!!! No aplogies required.

Quote:
1. ... literally dragging itself and begging for more power. Usually in 5th gear between 90-100 KMPH the tech is showing 2300-2500 RPM, earlier it used to be under 2000....

2. ...average... 9 from 11+ ...

3. The engine noice has also increased...

4. The gears have become extremely hard and stiff, and it is taking an effort to change.

5. The clutch has become extremly soft, and more often than not i need to pump before I can change the gear....
I think you have a problem with your pressure plate & clutch plate assembly and possibly the hydraulic lines connected.

I figure you need to change your pressure plate and clutch plate and while your at that, have a look to see of the clutch cylinder is not loosing pressure. Infact, I would go ahead and replace the clutch cylinder kit.

Reason for my diag:

Your point No. 1: indicates a slipping clutch plate.
Your point No. 2: also indicates a slipping clutch plate.
Your point No. 3: Yes it would seem that way as the engine is revving more on account of the clutch slipping for that amount of traction.
Your point No. 4:why I suspect a leak/air in the clutch hyralic lines.
Your point No. 5:also why I suspect a leak/air in the clutch hyralic lines.

A few questions:

1. Does the car shudder when you let the clutch out when starting from stand still?
2. Which gear do you usually start rolling from stand still?
3. Do you tend to keep your foot on the clutch pedal even when you do not need to depress it...like when riding along, does yor left foot also ride the clutch pedal?

Hope this helped.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:00   #143
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for the valuable suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
For the ignition, this is really bad. So long!
Are you getting any of those warning lights on your dash? The engine seems to be working under stress. Hope the friendly neighborhood mechanic gets lucky in finding the issue.
Hi HappyWheels
- Ignition, time lag is too long for such a small a part. Probably I didnt report to M&M via mail in this case trusting the A.S.S.
- No lights on the Dash except the Oil warning with stays for a few sec after starting but goes out immediately. I reported this last time but was told it was normal
- Neighbourhood Mechanic - I need a second opinion, after so many issues In am feeling if the issues are with the car or I am paranoid (but all my earlier instincts have proven correct, every issue (except the broken wiper blade) I reported was a genuine fault with the car. He is a wizard with engines by listening to it and driving for half a km can give some good inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think you really need to write a comprehensive stinker to M&M (addressed to Pawan Goenka himself). I would highly - HIGHLY - recommend starting a fresh thread about the niggles pertaining to only your Scorpio and hence get wider feedback from TBHPians. I would also recommend joining this group: Mahindra_Scorpio@yahoogroups.com and post your niggles there. I am sure you will increase the reach of your feedback.
Hi Red Liner,
- I think I will write a long mail on Sat
- I am not sure about a new thread, the way things are I may not retain this car for long now
- I am part of the Yahoo Group but have not raised my issues there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
I think you have a problem with your pressure plate & clutch plate assembly and possibly the hydraulic lines connected. Hope this helped.
Hi Mohnish,

Thanks for the valuable inputs
Answers:
1. Does the car shudder when you let the clutch out when starting from stand still?
No Shuddering, it was there eralier but was taken care last time round
2. Which gear do you usually start rolling from stand still?
First Gear always (no exceptions)
3. Do you tend to keep your foot on the clutch pedal even when you do not need to depress it...like when riding along, does yor left foot also ride the clutch pedal?
I put my foot on the clutch pedal only at the time of changing gears
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:25   #144
BHPian

Quote:
No Shuddering, it was there eralier but was taken care last time round...
How was it taken care off, by whom and what was the defect?
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:25   #145
Senior - BHPian

M_upreti, this is again the clutch issue!
It could be the operating hydraulics that are preventing the clutch from engaging fully. Your car seems to be suffering from clutch slippage.
Worst case, the clutch plate assembly might need renewal.
Though there is a confusing symptom - gears becoming difficult to slot. That happens when the clutch is not dis-engaging fully!

I'd suggest you go straight to the service centre; no need for local mechanic or workshop.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:36   #146
BHPian

Quote:

1. For the last few days I am feeling that the Car is literally dragging itself and begging for more power. Usually in 5th gear between 90-100 KMPH the tech is showing 2300-2500 RPM, earlier it used to be under 2000.
Seems like a clutch slave / master cylinder issue. Have this looked into before you burn your clutch plate. Recomend that you take the vehicle to the authorised after service sales since it is still under warranty.

Please also try and PM Behram Dhabar who is a member here and part of the senior management of Mahindra, he should be able to help you out.

Cheers.

Last edited by Sideways : 2nd April 2009 at 19:39.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:05   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anup,
Thanks for the inputs, taking your advise.

Will head for the A.S.S. yet again on Saturday.

If I had made so many visits to a temple all my wishes would have been fulfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
M_upreti, this is again the clutch issue!
It could be the operating hydraulics that are preventing the clutch from engaging fully. Your car seems to be suffering from clutch slippage.
Worst case, the clutch plate assembly might need renewal.
Though there is a confusing symptom - gears becoming difficult to slot. That happens when the clutch is not dis-engaging fully!

I'd suggest you go straight to the service centre; no need for local mechanic or workshop.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:11   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will head for the A.S.S. yet again on Saturday.
My sympathies, Upreti!
I'd HATE to keep visiting the A.S.S. time and again!
This does not reflect well at all on M&M!
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:57   #149
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Anup,

Adding to my woes are now are the Brakes. Tonight I had an occasion to brake a bit hard (I was at appx 60 KMPH) on my way back from the office to avoid an animal.

Thought the car stopped, the entire body started shuddering violently and the brake pedal started making a strange noise (Tak, Tak Tak). After this the entire cars is vibrating badly, the engine has a strange noise and same issue crops while braking.

I did a TD on a back road near my building, (The same where the Mumbai Drag race used to take place) the issue is really there both with the shuddering & brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
My sympathies, Upreti!
I'd HATE to keep visiting the A.S.S. time and again!
This does not reflect well at all on M&M!

Last edited by m_upreti : 3rd April 2009 at 00:59.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:02   #150
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Sideways has also faced issues with his gear box. Check his post, which I am quoting entirely here for reference.

Sideways, maybe you can add how you got the service center to get all these things done. Might help out M_Upreti too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Sure Navin - And the answer is NOTHING !!!! BUT, BIG BUT they have changed the following under warranty: -

1) Alternator Overhauled - I am still not happy, it still continues to make a grinding noise.
2) Clutch Cover assembly
3) Clutch Plate
4) Clutch Pedal box
5) Intermediate Steering Shaft
6) Gear shift lever boot cover
7) Oil pump - The whining noise though was narrowed down to the oil they use, the pump was ok, but was never the less replaced. I have shifted over to an after market oil. I couldnt do so earlier because of the warranty becoming void etc.
8) Power window switch
9) High pressure diesel fuel line - had a minor leak and was replaced
10) EGR pipe assembly
11) Engine bed - 2 numbers
12) Wiper motor
13) And the big daddy of them all - The entire gearbox.

- I know what you must be thinking.

I wasn't happy about the gearbox from day one and brought this to their notice everytime the jeep went for service. They agreed to replace all of the above after the customer care manager intervened. Infact, I only asked for item 1, 8, 9, 10 11, 12 & 13, but they found fault with all of the above and went ahead and changed everything.

She feels brand new now.

Cheers.
EDIT: And he has, just above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
...Please also try and PM Behram Dhabar who is a member here and part of the senior management of Mahindra, he should be able to help you out.

Cheers.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 4th April 2009 at 08:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks