Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 18:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Congrats Adi! Reading your report is straight out of a movie - awesome passion there. BTW- please do not park the Ninja in a public place - from what I hear, the 2-wheeler theft market is booming these days.
Thanks for the tip Mahesh.

I avoid parking the Ninja in public places and when I do I ensure I have full view of the bike. Mostly it is parked for a short time like for a drink of water or so. I dont even intend to ride it to work. Too paranoid of people climbing over the bike and fiddling with it. Worst thing is playing with the gear shift.

Here are pics of my riding gear.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsg-revive-gloves-palm.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsg-revive-gloves.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-raptor_front_big.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-diamond1.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-diamond2.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-diamond3.jpg  

Old 10th May 2010, 19:47   #17
BHPian

Absolutely fantastic write up accompanied with a great picture from a great photographer! lucky you! ride safe and have fun! btw, congratulations! looking forward to some more pics soon. . .
Old 10th May 2010, 20:08   #18
BHPian

Congrats Aditya on your new Aquistion. The Ninja looks absolutely stunning.

Hats off to Rudra's amazing photographic skill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This was in Oct 2009. My team won a coveted award ....

Finally i moved back to bangalore after a gap of approx. 4.5 yrs...
Am I missing something here, or is it a typo?
Old 10th May 2010, 20:26   #19
MCR
BHPian

congrats n_aditya. Fantastic write up, bike and riding gear. Request you to post some detailed pictures of the bike like , gear shift mechanism, brake lever, instrument cluster please.
Old 10th May 2010, 20:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aditya... Ninja in that color is droooool stuff.

Good review as well.

hats off to Rudra sir for that wonderful pic!
Old 10th May 2010, 22:08   #21
BHPian

Congrats man. .
The perfect colour for a sports bike and its all yours. Be extremely proud to show it off.

The first picture is one of best motorcycle pictures i have seen in a while. Kudos to the photographer. Ride with all safety gears at all times and see yourself riding this baby till eternity.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:33   #22
BHPian

Great looking bike. Green is the only color for a Ninja. Very few people know that the name 'Ninja' was actually coined by americans in Kawis' California office rather than the Japs.

You missed one of the most important riding gear in your list, riding boots that cover your angle. Your angle is the most vulnerable after your head. You can break it even when you're at a stop and if the bike tips over. Please get one as early as possible.

Also, please get your hands on 'Sport Riding Techniques' by Nick Ienatsch, a compulsory ready for any serious sport rider and read it any chance you get. I do it even after years of riding. If you ride that bike mostly inside the city, please take it outside the city and give it a good thrashing, 'cause these bikes will build up carbon in their engines if continuously ridden in stop and go traffic.

Start a life long affair with two wheels. Be Safe and Cheers.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! The bike looks stunning.

With the low seat height, Is it comfortable for tall riders, 6' 1" and above?

Any reason why you selected Camster Raptor? I am asking as I find Camster Pulse and K2K more common than Raptor.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 10th May 2010 at 22:47.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:49   #24
Team-BHP Support

Hey congratz Aditya!! She is a stunner and i wanna ride, so finish the running in soon ok!! Just kidding, happy and safe riding!
Old 10th May 2010, 23:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Adi,

Lovely write up that has made me change certain perspectives on the Baby Ninja.

Happy safe riding.

Liked your choice of apparel as well
Old 10th May 2010, 23:51   #26
BANNED

Great pics of ride, and new pics of gear. Thats two thumbs up. You got some serious passion bro. Wish you many more happy (s)miles on it.
Old 11th May 2010, 00:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Aditya. She's definitely a stunner. Wishing you a safe ride and loads of fun.
Old 11th May 2010, 00:43   #28
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations,
finish the running in ASAP and start shifting at 10K
Old 11th May 2010, 08:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Aditya. The first picture is a beauty. Not to mention the writeup. Congrats again. Ride safe.
Old 11th May 2010, 09:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all for the wishes and comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Congrats Aditya on your new Aquistion. The Ninja looks absolutely stunning. Hats off to Rudra's amazing photographic skill! Am I missing something here, or is it a typo?
No typo. I moved out of Blore in 2005 to chennai and then to Pune and now back in blore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
congrats n_aditya. Fantastic write up, bike and riding gear. Request you to post some detailed pictures of the bike like , gear shift mechanism, brake lever, instrument cluster please.
Sure dude. Having some issues with my comp. Will upload some more once it is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
You missed one of the most important riding gear in your list, riding boots that cover your angle. Your angle is the most vulnerable after your head. You can break it even when you're at a stop and if the bike tips over. Please get one as early as possible.

Also, please get your hands on 'Sport Riding Techniques' by Nick Ienatsch, a compulsory ready for any serious sport rider and read it any chance you get. I do it even after years of riding. If you ride that bike mostly inside the city, please take it outside the city and give it a good thrashing, 'cause these bikes will build up carbon in their engines if continuously ridden in stop and go traffic.

Start a life long affair with two wheels. Be Safe and Cheers.
Thanks a ton Sir. It is a pleasure to see your post on my thread. I am in constant admiration of your Ducati and 911 threads.

Getting a pair of riding boots from USA. Not decided which one but on the lookout for a good deal. And on the Sport Riding Techniques, will do so asap.

Thanks again.

P.S. I didnt know that the Americans christened the kwacker with the name "ninja". Thanks for the info.

Also just want to ask, is it safe to revv over the limit specified for the break in once in a while? Like once every 200 kms or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats!! The bike looks stunning.

With the low seat height, Is it comfortable for tall riders, 6' 1" and above?

Any reason why you selected Camster Raptor? I am asking as I find Camster Pulse and K2K more common than Raptor.
No problem for tall riders. The riders seat is spacious enough to sit far back.

Pulse is available in dual colors like blue/white, red/white, yellow/white, while the Raptor is plain black. Any other color apart from Green or Black would make me look like a freshly painted canvas. Green bike, yellow gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hey congratz Aditya!! She is a stunner and i wanna ride, so finish the running in soon ok!! Just kidding, happy and safe riding!
Thnx Jaggu. Long way to go for the running in man.

P.S. Thanks for the riding tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Great pics of ride, and new pics of gear. Thats two thumbs up. You got some serious passion bro. Wish you many more happy (s)miles on it.
Thanks a ton Prasad.

I gently opened her up yesterday till 6k RPM.... just to feel the acceleration and hear the growl. Man, she sounds nice and pulls so neatly. No drama of sorts, no scary scenes... just enough power to paste a stupid grin on your face. LOL. I cannot imagine how insane its gonna be when I can actually revv till 13000 RPM.

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th May 2010 at 09:43.

Most Viewed