Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 21:25   #286
BHPian

Re: The 2018 Auto Expo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
And what is Mr. Mahindra looking at ?
Probably to see if the designer had left some contact details.
sachinayak is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:29   #287
BHPian

I personally loved the Aprilia RS 150. Fit and finish looks awesome from the videos so far. Tech and specs are very good. Personally I don't mind the smaller displacement.

Will they launch it in India? Any guesses on pricing?
Old 7th February 2018, 23:17   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1726392
He is thinking "Either I have to hire few TML designers to make M&M cars look good or send few of our designers to TML to make their car looks bad"
Latheesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 23:36   #289
BHPian

Look closely at above video from 0:09 to 0:11 secs. Have Tata Motors revealed all possible cars from these 2 platforms?

The 2018 Auto Expo Thread-tatacars.jpg

I could figure out below from above screen grab

45X - Hatch, SUV (Sub 4m) and Sedan (Sub 4m? Maybe not?)
H5X - 5 Seater SUV, 7 Seater SUV and Sedan

We can also see hint of design for these possible vehicles. Looking at how, Nexon/Tigor remained true to concept's vision, we can expect shake up in segment.

Tata is certainly moving in right direction. It is undoubtedly the Star of Auto Expo 2018.

Followed closely by Tata, Kia is the next Star of the show. IMHO Picanto, RIO, Stonic, Cerato and SP concept can become their bread and butter vehicles. There is lot of internals and platform sharing of these cars with Hyundai cars already on offer and would prove wise for their business too. Stinger can be halo car for brand.

Maruti has nothing great on offer, really sad looking stalls with highlights on accessories kitted cars. For god's sake this is Auto Expo and we already have N number of your showrooms to view them. No display of Vitara is real surprise for me, are they not planning to counter Creta? Let's see what else do we have other than Swift on 8th Feb. Suzuki's concepts and production derivatives are poles apart, so less said better in this regards.

With the kind of efforts put by Mahindra in replacing grill of Rexton, we shouldn't expect anymore from them. Where have they dumped XUV Aero? Probably same place where TUV convertible is headed.

Renault Nissan don't seem to focus on India market as of now and is clearly evident from their exhibition.

Last edited by varunswnt : 8th February 2018 at 00:06.
varunswnt is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 00:15   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Have Tata Motors revealed all possible cars from these 2 platforms?
I think, maybe you are right, brother. They might have given us a glimpse of what to expect from the platform.

The final details and designs might change, but it sure tells that many more exciting products are in the pipeline.

I have taken the liberty of adding prospective models on the screen grab.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 Auto Expo Thread-tata-amp.jpg  

ashutoshb is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 00:54   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Have Tata Motors revealed all possible cars from these 2 platforms?
Good catch. Certainly looks like you are right on this.

Three SUVs, two sedans and a premium hatchback. Thats a well balanced lineup without putting all their eggs in one basket. Good job from TATA with the twin architecture.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 01:09   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

When i get into market to pick a car in a couple of years from now, this will be definitely on my list. Tata is doing themselves proud.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 01:46   #293
BHPian

We should definitely be having a separate Tata thread. Like everyone else, I am awestruck by their designs.

The 45X and the H5X, both look mind boggling. Knowing how Tata managed to make the production version of Nexon look very close to the concept, maybe we can expect to see a production version of both these cars not too different from what we see now.

I am very happy to see Tata heading in the right direction. They are really focusing on their designs, and the quality. I hope they focus on their dealership network and after sales services as well, and they will climb the sales chart like never before.

Just came across these two videos from ICN, just look at the beauties!!

PS: The videos are in Hindi.
DasJager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 05:56   #294
BHPian

I would say two Indian companies, Tata and TVS stole this edition of Auto Expo. Kudos to them.
I pleasantly surprised to see the concepts/models from TVS.
Agree that some of them will remain concepts forever and will never see the light of the day. Still, TVS as a company has shown their capabilities, let us not forget the fact that their erstwhile partner is still struggling to get a foothold in the Indian market.
Also, Honda is still tinkering with their successful product Activa, by changing the suffix to 1G, 2G, 3G, so on.

In four-wheeler segment, Tata Motors had already given us a clue that there are many surprises on the way and they did not disappoint us. Good on them.
Good to see a homegrown company making futuristic and modern products. Hopefully, they will hit the market very soon.

It was disappointing to see, not much noteworthy action from Mahindra. I was expecting U321 debut but did not happen.
Probably Mahindra top brass must have realized that Tata products have already made a buzz among the target audience and their launch would have gone unnoticed or the product may not be ready yet to showcase to the public. I think it is a good strategy.

We all know, it took almost a decade (after JLR acquisition) to see some visible changes in Tata Motor’s products. So let us wait and see, how Pininfarina acquisition is going to influence Mahindra products.

Off Topic:-
I think it is not a good idea to comment capabilities of an ‘X’ company’s design team and doubting the selection process etc. or cracking jokes out of a top official of an industrial conglomerate on a reputed online forum like Team-BHP.
Well, there may be differing opinions about designs/styling etc. Why can’t we just comment “I don’t like it” and move on? I have huge respect for Anand Mahindra as a business person. No need to list his achievements just to mention, we all know how he transformed their automotive business from Mahindra Armada era to current version. Even Ratan Tata, himself commented very positively about Mahindra automotive business. I am almost certain that, the majority of those who mock design capabilities of a certain company, cannot even select/specify a simple fastener. Also let us not forget the fact that, we may have some of those designers as fellow members/guests on our forum.

Just my opinion, not intended to attack someone personally. I am not to argue or prove my point. Just sharing my thoughts.

Last edited by MaxTorque : 8th February 2018 at 06:20.
MaxTorque is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 06:14   #295
BHPian

The Japanese seem to be outdoing each other in bringing out uglier cars. First the Amaze and now the Yaris.. No design flair at all. Looks like a desi modified car.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 08:16   #296
BHPian

What a day Tata! What a day !When A star protype was launched , I thought indian automotive industry will change for ever from these boxy things on wheels. I thought new materials and shapes will be added apart from steel, plastics and rubber with square, circle and rectangular surfaces. Now with H5X and 45X I believe Tata has been spoiled by JLR and LandRover in a very good way. I still remember the day nano was launched, yes I bought the first batch nano and retained it. If some one can document journey of tata from Indica to H5x on tbhp, it will be very nice. By the way H5x is coming to my garage to join crysta, nano,mercedes and creta.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 08:50   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1726392
Holly Pistons! Chrome only on the badge. How could they possibly do it?

Jokes aside, this expo is a stark reminder of how much Tata is ahead of Mahindra in terms of vehicle design as of now. On one end, we have the glorious H5X while the ghastly Stinger sits on the opposite side. I guess, I don't have to add anything more here.

Where is the company or the design team which pulled the XUV500 out of the hat in 2011?? Yes, the details were a bit loud, but it was a very attractive package despite it being unlike anything else Mahindra built till that day. And it is going so strong even now.

Yes, Tata gets a lot of in-house help from JLR, but Mahindra too isn't short of options. How is Pininfarina's expertise being used? And SsangYong has also come a long way from the days of unpleasant machines. What's the point of owning these companies if their strengths cannot be utilized well in your home turf?

I think Mahindra wasted a lot of bandwidth with the stupid "4m small car" rule in our market. Churning out impromptu vehicles one after the other to take advantage of the excise benefit. While it left the Mahindra portfolio with one of the biggest collection of revolting automobiles, it hasn't done much for the balance sheet either.

Anand Mahindra will surely require all his strategic nous to rescue his company from this mess.
deetjohn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 12:24   #298

Hello BHPians

I had been looking for buying the tickets for the AUTO EXPO 2018.
Since there are 2 types of ticket
1. BUSINESS PASS Rs-750.00 Timings- 10 AM to 1 PM
2. GENERAL PASS Rs-350.00 Timings 1 PM to 6 PM

I had given a thought to buy the business pass but the only thing that has held me back is the time slot for the same.
Will the ticket be valid after 1PM or not.

Please reply fast. I'll be highly grateful.
Old 8th February 2018, 12:30   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift first car to be launched at Maruti Suzuki Arena.

Starts @ ₹ 4.99 lakhs ( Ex- Delhi)

The 2018 Auto Expo Thread-sw.jpg
The 2018 Auto Expo Thread-00.jpg
The 2018 Auto Expo Thread-02.jpg

The 2018 Auto Expo Thread-p.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th February 2018 at 12:37.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 12:33   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devcar98 View Post
Hello BHPians

I had been looking for buying the tickets for the AUTO EXPO 2018.
Since there are 2 types of ticket
1. BUSINESS PASS Rs-750.00 Timings- 10 AM to 1 PM
2. GENERAL PASS Rs-350.00 Timings 1 PM to 6 PM

I had given a thought to buy the business pass but the only thing that has held me back is the time slot for the same.
Will the ticket be valid after 1PM or not.

Please reply fast. I'll be highly grateful.
Yes it remains valid even after 1 PM. It's just you will get to see less crowd uptill 1 PM and after that people with General Pass will also be allowed at the venue.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed