Team-BHP - Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/195182-hyundai-kona-iron-man-edition-auto-expo-2018-a.html)

Big shoutout to khan_sultan for shooting these pictures & his coverage of the Auto Expo. Thanks for sharing, man!

Hyundai has brought the Kona Iron Man Edition to the show. The Kona has been on sale in global markets since June 2017. Surprisingly, Hyundai opted to showcase the concept instead of the production car:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-1.jpg

In the front, it has Hyundai's cascade grille flanked by headlamp pods. The slim light cluster on top houses the LED DRLs and turn signals:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-2.jpg

The overall length of the production car is 4,165 mm while its width and height is 1,800 mm and 1,565 mm respectively. It has a wheelbase of 2,600 mm. The Iron Man Edition is slightly wider than the standard car and is finished in matte grey with red highlights:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-3.jpg

The Kona has wider rear fenders and slim LED tail lights. It has an integrated spoiler on top and silver scuff plate. See the two pod-like design elements on the bumper? Those house a set of reverse lights and turn signals on the production-spec Kona:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-4.jpg

Zoomed-in view of the tail lamp pods:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-5.jpg

Funky alloys to go with the exterior styling:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-6.jpg

A closer look at the alloy wheels:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-7.jpg

Headlamp shaped like Iron Man's Arc Reactor heart:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-8.jpg

Here's a closer look:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-9.jpg

Sleek wraparound tail lamp cluster:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-10.jpg

Rear bumper has an integrated scuff plate with a red trim around it:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-11.jpg

Red A-pillars, roof and silver roof rails with red inserts:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-12.jpg
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-13.jpg

Retractable door handles on this concept:
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-14.jpg

Push to retract the side step?
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-15.jpg
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-16.jpg

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line.

While the Kona Concept looks good the Kona itself is average looking by segment standards today.

I feel Hyundai figured that Indians masses would not be too net savvy and check out the Globally available product.

They should have displayed the currently sold version itself to give a genuine representation of what might be coming and that would have also given them customer feedback on what they need to improve upon before introduction.

Anything coming henceforth is going to pale in comparison against segment options, if Tata launches H5x as close to concept design. In the mid/ mini-SUV space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 4352779)
Anything coming henceforth is going to pale in comparison against segment options, if Tata launches H5x as close to concept design. In the mid/ mini-SUV space.

Absolutely agree with this statement. The H5X will make everything, including other cars from Tata, look old. I have a feeling that the
For the benefit of readers, here is the original Kona from the official website.
Hyundai Kona Iron Man Edition @ Auto Expo 2018-kona.jpg

Was wondering how powerful could the light from those sleek headlamps be? Then realised that those are the DRLs and actual headlamps are below :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 4352776)
I feel Hyundai figured that Indians masses would not be too net savvy and check out the Globally available product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 4352779)

As per a recent announcement by Hyundai, Kona is likely to be introduced as a fully electric CKD. It is going to be a niche vehicle with limited numbers and that could be the reason why Hyundai showcased the concept instead of the production version.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...es-2020-a.html

Will Hyundai Kona Launch in India? If yes, where exactly they will place it? Between i10 & i20? This Kona placed between i10 and i20 will look dull. Between Eon and i10? isn't that particular place is for new Santro. In my opinion, Hyundai Kona is average(read dull) looking Car.

PS: Got the Answer.

Quote:

As per a recent announcement by Hyundai, Kona is likely to be introduced as a fully electric CKD. It is going to be a niche vehicle with limited numbers and that could be the reason why Hyundai showcased the concept instead of the production version.