Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2018, 20:11   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Excellent car. Now everyone will want it at Creta pricing :-)

At a targeted 2019 launch (?) I hope this comes in at current Compass pricing.
So guys - I just saw the H5X @ the Auto Expo. This thing is B-I-G! It should be bigger than the Evoque and the rear styling has so much similarity. Creta will be small in terms of all dimensions, so will Compass if TATA retains the dimensions of the concept. I never liked the car in pics but it looks much better in person.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th February 2018 at 20:13.
swiftnfurious is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 22:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Tata is the Modern Tortoise. They were kind of off the game for a few years. Since 16 & 17 they are slowly heading back into the game and will surely be the leader in a few years from now.

I’m just overwhelmed by the looks and design of the H5X and a die hard fan of the Safari & the Storme. I hope the H5X will make its mark for a long time to come.

H5X philosophy, if atleast 80% makes it to the production then it would surely be the economy man's EVOQUE

Way to go Tata - I want to see you in the top 3 spot in the coming years.

Last edited by SDP : 5th November 2018 at 09:51. Reason: typo
gururajrv is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 12:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

Being a monocoque, I hope the weight will be down on this one as compared to other Tata UVs?

But size wise it does look one step ahead of Creta. Very less chance of it being priced in comparison to that as well. May be closer to Compass than creta.

If Hexa coexists with this and the H7X, it might be a bit ironic then with the SUVs having monocoque chassis and MUV having the more traditional body on frame.

Do we then logically need Hexa and H7X to coexist? Because if H7X is priced close to Hexa, it could cannibalise whatever sales Hexa has.
Well it's too early to speculate I believe.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 14:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
I guess it’s the slit below the touch screen type climate control panel (between the wooden and silver components).
That's the assumption for now, as one can't find a better provision. Maybe they gave it a skip because it's concept and the screen instrumentation display was perhaps a more important highlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I hope the design would be a little cleaner on the production version. Similar to the Kia SP concept (?). If you look at landrover designs they are clean yet elegant without too many sharp edges. SUVs should be little rounded like muscles
A little tone down for practicality won't harm [wide windscreen glass, tail hatch glass, etc.] but hope the snazzy styling won't be compromised. As that is what everyone seem to like and appreciate. Hoping they don't make the production cut too 'soft'.

Last edited by theMAG : 11th February 2018 at 06:07. Reason: Typo fixed, as requested.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 15:23   #50
BHPian

Call me crazy but this looks better than the Compass. Hope it has an AWD version with low range. The clearance looks massive with decent approach and departure angles.
tomraven99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 07:59   #51
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Source : https://www.netcarshow.com/tata/2018-h5x_concept/

Some more renderings from netcarshow.com. Drool.

Somehow I feel this will not fall into Creta range even if only 80% true to concept. By the dimensions reported alone this is a size bigger. Compass/Tucson looks more realistic.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tatah5x_concept201880004.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tatah5x_concept201880008.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tatah5x_concept201880006.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tatah5x_concept20188000a.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tatah5x_concept201880005.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tatah5x_concept20188000b.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tatah5x_concept201880009.jpg  

Last edited by bijubalan : 11th February 2018 at 08:12.
bijubalan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 10:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018

This looks so good that JLR may want the design for their portfolio.

Hope they do not tone it down too much for the production version. For a first, the wheel will be smaller by a good 4-5 inches.

This defiantly does not look like a Creta competitor. Probably a little more premium than the Hexa. It will surely get the Fiat Multijet 2 engine and probably the ZF gearbox.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 11th February 2018 at 10:54.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 13:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Superb design by Tata. Looks like Tata has left even Hyundai in the dust, in terms of design language. Any news of the probable launch date and price ?
Need at least 400Nm and 150 HP automatic to simply crush everything else in this segment.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 14:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Dont compare this to Creta/Compass - this thing is bigger, and, given their recent track record, would be far ahead in terms of interiors too.

I suspect that the 7 seater version will be more mass-market and around the Creta/Compass bracket - BUT with 2 additional seats, and expect the 5 seater to be a a sort of flagship model which will cost more than the 7 seater.

The question is, will the Indian market - which pays per seat and not by the overall package - accept the 5 seater at a higher price?

If they can sell enough of the 7 seater, I don't think Tata would mind the 5 seater becoming more exclusive and doing lesser numbers. For that reason I expect the 7-seat version to be more conventional in terms of styling, while the 5'er may carry over most of the design cues from the concept.
Steeroid is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 17:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

I suspect that the 7 seater version will be more mass-market and around the Creta/Compass bracket - BUT with 2 additional seats, and expect the 5 seater to be a a sort of flagship model which will cost more than the 7 seater.
If that was the case and the 5 seater is supposed to be more premium product, it may not have been given the same engine at a lower state of tune. It takes away some "premiumness" straight away. But yeah specs are all speculations now. So your hypothesis can not be ruled out

Last edited by SDP : 5th November 2018 at 09:57. Reason: typos
bijubalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 20:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Somehow I feel this will not fall into Creta range even if only 80% true to concept. By the dimensions reported alone this is a size bigger. Compass/Tucson looks more realistic.
Yeah, seems expensive if same design & quality/ materials (80%) were to be retained. My guesstimate, starting at ~18L for base or mid variants. Was hoping for ~16-16.5L on-road for top variant of 5 seater, but that's too wishful.

I'd prefer to see the same materials, design & finish retained for a higher price than pay lesser for a way toned down look and feel, looking like any other SUV. Sort of, buy when I can make affordability than wish for this and settle for a compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Superb design by Tata. Looks like Tata has left even Hyundai in the dust, in terms of design language. Any news of the probable launch date and price ?
Need at least 400Nm and 150 HP automatic to simply crush everything else in this segment.
Coming in Q1 2019 (?) according to Expo claims. 5 seater with 140bhp and 7 seater with 170/ 180bhp.

Last edited by SDP : 5th November 2018 at 09:59. Reason: typo
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 20:21   #57
BHPian

Awesome show by Tata! They really are improving by leaps and bounds, although it did take them a while.

Speculations on where the H5X fits in. I guess Tata is trying to do a Compass here, but at a lower price. The engine tune itself should be a giveaway. The Compass already has 170 bhp. So will the XUV, once the facelift is unveiled. We also have the Innova Crysta with the 2.8. The H7X would most likely be a direct competitor to these. The H5X would most likely be a notch lower, though a bit above the Creta. Jeep made a bang with a single capable SUV. Tata is gonna do the same with 2. This will also extend their product portfolio in two successive segments over the Nexon. What better way to revitalise a brand in a SUV-crazy country aye!?
I still can't figure out where the Hexa will fit in then. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 11th February 2018 at 20:23.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 09:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

The more I look at the interiors, the more I am baffled by how ultra futuristic it looks. I mean - has any other car maker including Volvo ( which has some fabulous interiors ) come out with such a neat dash design with just a bunch of touch screens covering most of the functions ? The centre transmission tunnel portion looks like it was picked up from one of those space ships in the movie Battleship.

Why wouldn't JLR themselves "steal" this design I wonder !
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 09:32   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The more I look at the interiors, the more I am baffled by how ultra futuristic it looks. I mean - has any other car maker including Volvo ( which has some fabulous interiors ) come out with such a neat dash design with just a bunch of touch screens covering most of the functions ?
Why wouldn't JLR themselves "steal" this design I wonder !
I would say that the closest would be the Range Rover Velar. It has a bunch of screens (and the one on the centre just below the air-con vents can be tilted a variable amount). The really nice thing about it is that the circular physical dials are mounted in a way that they can vary the screen content based on what you are trying to adjust. For example, if you are changing the temperature, it'll show the temperature within that circular dial, and you can rotate the dial to adjust it; then if you wish to change the intensity of the seat massagers (or set climate controlled seats) it'll switch the display to show the appropriate settings. Even though this system will need a little bit of smoothening (Reviews say that the software can be a little buggy), the mix of touchscreen and tactile controls is quite pleasing.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img17258121071507755630358.jpg
Amartya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 09:59   #60
Team-BHP Support

Pretty much a modern JLR concept SUV with a Tata logo; reminded me of the C-X17 concept car (which eventually came out as the F-Pace). If the real one can be even 60% of the concept, Tata have a big winner in hand. This is a perfect example of positive synergies at work. While reinventing Jaguar and Land Rover brands, Tata is also ensuring that their access to modern technologies are put to good use in the mass market brand. I hope they tone down the design a bit to get that finesse of their luxury brands.
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks