Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 03:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I feel we as a bunch of auto enthusiasts have now-a-days become just too judgmental.
Judgemental? Does the product not speak for itself?

Quote:
EMT is a Mumbai based company and a few years back used to have a small 1 car display showroom at Prabhadevi. I used to pass that place everyday (en route to work) and see the different samples that used to be displayed by them. Some were not bad at all and some were like OH-MY-GOD. But lets remember that not everyone wants a sleek looking beautifully designed car. Some might just want to make something really wild & wacky to stand out and that is what these guys are going to build. Remember that not all people have the same taste.
Fair enough and to my taste these are ghastly and horrendously built. This is the state brand new, imagine a few years down the line. Now why is it "judgmental" to call it out?

Quote:
All I want to say is that these guys seem to be a small outfit and have made the effort to showcase their designs (however good or bad it may be) at an event which isn't cheap to exhibit at. Their designs may not be good looking but some of the above comments are in bad taste. We may not support them or even get our cars any where close to their workshop but I must salute the guts of this company to invest money, time and effort to come and display their products at a show patronized by the who's who of the auto industry.
This is Auto Expo, the biggest auto show in the country, where as a small business with limited means like you said, you would want to showcase your best of the best both in terms of design and quality and if this is their best, they do not deserve to be in the business and that is my opinion. I do not think auto enthusiasts are a patronizing lot else someone like Pagani would not exist. Who in their right minds would pay more for a Pagani compared to a Ferrari with all their legacy and history? Its the product that counts and people love underdogs if they are good.

Quote:
I feel we as a community are just too accustomed to come down heavily on any/all small & medium-sized Indian brands without listening to their side of the story or knowing the extreme difficulties that smaller brands like these have to endure to survive.
Incorrect. We come down heavily on mediocrity and these are as mediocre as they come. I have been kind enough to use the word Mediocre by the way.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 09:01   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018

I'm sure Khan took particular pleasure in covering this stall at the Auto Expo.
The e20 surely takes the cake in terms of going overboard with creases and curves, mostly where uncalled for!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks