Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 23:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Mahindra Adventure" Launched! Multi-Day Great Escapes, TSD Rallies and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by M P Sreenivasan View Post
Hi Vinod,
How are you, This is sreeni from Aavalakonda and Armada explorer, If it is suitable and meets your requirement you can feel free to contact me to have Aavalakonda as one of the event venue, Actually I am thinking of keeping 4 or 6 4x4 jeeps in my place to hire out for offroaders to have fun in Aavalakonda, still not worked out the logistics, with warm regards mpsreeni.
Sorry, might be for this thread.
Dear MPS,
Fantastic idea!! This shall definitely fly.
Please let us know more about it whenever you would have time.
Cheers and All The Best,
Deepak
Old 25th May 2011, 13:21   #62
BHPian

Re: "Mahindra Adventure" Launched! Multi-Day Great Escapes, TSD Rallies and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Welcome Old monk! No this doesnt apply to TSD rallies.
Hi Vinod what does it mean ?

Whether this will be a big event like RDH or Desert Storm allowing all brands to participate. I think this will help Mahindra to prove its metal against other offroaders. When Maruti can allow all types of cars in their events and still finishing on top, then why can't Mahindra do that.

If this is not the case then pls don't restrict the renting of vehicles for GE's only because at the end of the day Mahindra vehicle will win the event whether it is rented or owned. But this will help rally drivers to get a feel of Mahindra vehicle which may change their perception.

Cheers!

Alok
Crazy4Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 14:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
If this is not the case then pls don't restrict the renting of vehicles for GE's only because at the end of the day Mahindra vehicle will win the event whether it is rented or owned. But this will help rally drivers to get a feel of Mahindra vehicle which may change their perception.
Vinod,
I second that.
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 19:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vinod what does it mean ?

..When Maruti can allow all types of cars in their events and still finishing on top, then why can't Mahindra do that.
Hey Alok, very well said - Thanks - I did not get the right words - I am sure Mahindra is listening and is going to do that this year -

All Gypsy guys better watch out!!

Also, does Mahindra have their own team to participate in the event?
Old 25th May 2011, 21:49   #65
Team-BHP Support

Guys this not competition, this fun with friends and other like minded people who love outdoors and 4x4 vehicles. Dont bring the competition aspect, not all of us are that competitive or... well i will keep that to myself to avoid any controversies
Old 26th May 2011, 11:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Guys this not competition, this fun with friends and other like minded people who love outdoors and 4x4 vehicles. Dont bring the competition aspect,
Hi Jaggu, when they are talking about TSD rallies, it means competitive event only.

TSD rallies are more dependent on navigators, driving skills only supports in maintianing the average speed. I am sure the regular Offroaders hardly take any help of navigators to be on right track or to do some timing calculations. The only help we seek is in spotting or in taking the stuck vehicle out.
So if any one who thinks that he is a better driver or driving a best 4x4 can win the TSD event without a good navigator is simply impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Also, does Mahindra have their own team to participate in the event?
Thanks! for seconding my voice, I am sure they will listen if many guys will say the same thing.

Till 2010 Mahindra has a very good team for TSD events with the guys like Sanjay Takale ,Sancheti, Prasad, Tejinder etc. these guys were too good that there total penalties in 500-600 kms use to be less then a minute. I am sure even if you give them Maruti 800 they will end up winning a TSD event. But now I think most of them are hired by TATA for team thunderbolt.

Cheers!
Crazy4Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 14:57   #67
BHPian

Quote:
this will help rally drivers to get a feel of Mahindra vehicle which may change their perception.
Quote:
seconding my voice
Let me third this.

I got into TSD because it was something I could do in my car, with no mods, less car-related costs etc. While it works for the one day rallies (KMSC, TSI etc.) and on-tarmac events (Dakshin Dare), it's a little more dicey to take your daily driver to the raids (RDH, Desert Storm, Mughal Rally, may be even SJOBA) where most trails are non-tarmac. Personally, and from others accounts, I've also noticed that the average speeds required in these TSDs are pretty high, and one has to be willing to abuse the car to remain competitive.

Many people buy used/new Gypsys and mod them to use in TSD raids. Mods required are minimal - remove soft top, make a rally cabin.

With the spate of TSD events this year, many with very attractive prizes, lucrative sponsorship (Tata and Mahindra) and strong rumours of a National championship next year, you'll see lots of new navigators/drivers entering the scene.

Why not try and steer them towards the Thar?
oldmonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 17:28   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Jaggu, when they are talking about TSD rallies, it means competitive event only.

Cheers!
And i was talking about the general great escape drives, which are more of family fun outing. TSD's are boring for me he he he
Old 27th May 2011, 10:24   #69
BHPian

NashiK to Goa cannot be boring at all,

Quote:
And i was talking about the general great escape drives, which are more of family fun outing. TSD's are boring for me he he he
CJ3b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 11:02   #70
BHPian

I am ready to get bore for 3 days (though TSD's are also interesting) if I have the chance of making 10 Lakhs.

Cheers!
Crazy4Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 11:21   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
if I have the chance of making 10 Lakhs.

Cheers!
This i totally buy in. 10 Lakh per event and that too by spending 20k, i really dont mind he he he
Old 27th May 2011, 16:05   #72
BHPian

Well let's say half the amount

Quote:
This i totally buy in. 10 Lakh per event and that too by spending 20k, i really dont mind he he he
CJ3b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 11:40   #73
BANNED

Friends,
Any new reg June event found?.No info MGE website.
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:41   #74
BHPian

Dear Rajith,

shakleshpur is on June 18th & only for 4x4, the web site will be updated in a a day or two,

best regards
Vinay Thomas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Friends,
Any new reg June event found?.No info MGE website.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:27   #75
BANNED

Thanks vinay,Will join with 4x4 Major (Avalakonda vehicle) and MM540 (Which was converted from 2wd to 4wd)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks