Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:06   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: "Mahindra Adventure" Launched! Multi-Day Great Escapes, TSD Rallies and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
THAR/ Scorpio is powerful. Suppose some one hits the bumper and breaks it into two. For THAR it may nto cost much , but for a Scorpio it costs me 12 K. Now if i ask him to foot he bill and if the participant says boss i dont have money, then what do i do? Legal is the last option i would consider.
Remove all such unwanted stuff and give

Quote:
We plan to keep the rental to be 7 K including fuel regardless of vehicle. With registration it will cost 10 K (including vehicle). I think it is value for money considering it convers 4 people in a vehicle!!.
Am in! I think its ok pricing to taste at someone else's vehicle. This is for a event right?

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd May 2011 at 15:09.
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Mahindra Adventure" Launched! Multi-Day Great Escapes, TSD Rallies and more

Quote:
THAR/ Scorpio is powerful. Suppose some one hits the bumper and breaks it into two. For THAR it may nto cost much , but for a Scorpio it costs me 12 K. Now if i ask him to foot he bill and if the participant says boss i dont have money, then what do i do? Legal is the last option i would consider.
Why not have a security deposit or block on the credit card like the car rental companies do.

Quote:
Khan have you ever tried renting a self driven car in Bagalore? The rates what you are speaking about are the minimum rates on an hourly basis for on road use driven by the driver of the renting agency.

For the price you mentioned isnt it too much to expect to drive a Scorpio for just about 2k with an additional fuel of about 1000 bucks?
Sir, please check Avis (Luxury Car Rental Services in India | Car Hire Airport | Rent Car - Avis India) they are renting out Safari 4X4 for 2K a day + fuel. Obviously its not for off-roading and they do keep a 75K/1L as block on the card which is released once the vehicle is released in the same condition. When you have such a huge amount blocked on yourcard, everybody will be extra careful.

Quote:
We plan to keep the rental to be 7 K including fuel regardless of vehicle. With registration it will cost 10 K (including vehicle). I think it is value for money considering it convers 4 people in a vehicle!!
For how many days? I think anything over 2K/Day for a THAR is expensive considering that the tracks would be mild.
If you can do 1 day MGE for 4 people for 3K, it shouldn't be more than 5k for a 1 day event. Obviously you'll keep a lien amount so if someone damages your car, you deduct from that. I know its a little difficult thing to do but its possible.
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:32   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Obviously its not for off-roading and they do keep a 75K/1L as block on the card which is released once the vehicle is released in the same condition.
Good idea but for offroading i would make it "similar" condition

One more doubt and how is it, say if its sakleshpur will the vehicle be available from BLR? We can save you driver charges he he he

I want to book one Thar, make it Red now, for all south indian drives!!
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:50   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Why not have grades / levels?

Grade 1 level obstacles for newbies.

If you have participated in x number of events, you automatically shift to grade 2. Then you can attempt grade 2 obstacles. Grade 1 people can sit with grade 2 drivers and experience the fun. This way, you will have recurring participation so people can shift to grade 2.

Grade 3, 4 etc can be added soon.

This will also ensure participation from people like us. I wouldn't want to pay 10k and do a simple trail drive.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:52   #50
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Why not have grades / levels?
Tejas didn't we have a nice discussion on this subject sometime back? We discussed grades and trail ratings and some really nice ideas cropped up. I forget the thread where we spoke of all this
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Tejas didn't we have a nice discussion on this subject sometime back? We discussed grades and trail ratings and some really nice ideas cropped up. I forget the thread where we spoke of all this
This is the thread you started http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...limited-2.html

We had discussed vehicle, trail and driver grading as well.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
5k per day + fuel by the user, for a Thar Crde is quite reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Vinod considering that Avis charges 2000 per day for 4X4 Safari and 2500 for a Pajero/Endeavour,
I think i can rent a Pajero and do the trail in AC comfort if the above is true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Considering that these will be M&M vehicles, I think 2K is a reasonable price for an A/C Scorpio 4x4, 1800 for A/C Bolero & 1750 for Thar. (per day rates) + fuel by user
Infact why not 1500 for scorp, 1250 for bolero and 1000 for THAR - After all, we are testing and proving their brand - right? If it cant withstand a newbie abuse, then how will it fair with a newbie "after" he buys it - This will have a brand impact other than expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
2) Allow vehicles from any manufacturer, that way people can see how other vehicles perform when compared to Mahindra vehicles. M&M shouldn't be so insecure, we all know Mahindra vehicles can hold their own. You can even design the trail to be torque-centric so that Gypsies would look bad.
No, no, no - i doubt that will happen - What if a certain "spidey" tears the track down - It would look BAAAD..More spideys would appear then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
5k is very reasonable since we are using the vehicle for an event and that too for a whole day. 10 laps in track they charge 2k??
You cant compare the track to this Jaggu - 5K is steep..very steep unless, no unless, it is STEEP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Create a team Thar and start participating all across India and also international events. You need to do this with drivers who are good and will bring acclaim to your product.
Great idea Deepak - Vinod, you know where to look for the team - A Winning Team

Quote:
That is why we individual owners never lend our 4WD vehicles to strangers, but M&M can do it under marketing budget.
Yes they can if they have the desire to do it.

Quote:
THAR/ Scorpio is powerful. Suppose some one hits the bumper and breaks it into two. For THAR it may nto cost much , but for a Scorpio it costs me 12 K.
Vinod: Remove the bumper and give the vehicle - simple - it will also look mean if it sports MT tyres..well i'm not starting off again!!

Quote:
For the price you mentioned isnt it too much to expect to drive a Scorpio for just about 2k with an additional fuel of about 1000 bucks?
Not Vinod - BTW, Scorpio is NOT the best 4wd machine to drive around, OK?

Quote:
This is purely a brand building exercise and hence profitability is the last thing on our mind.
Great new Vinod - I'm looking forward to it!

Quote:
We plan to keep the rental to be 7 K including fuel regardless of vehicle. With registration it will cost 10 K (including vehicle). I think it is value for money considering it convers 4 people in a vehicle!!
Now, the fight is for:

1. Who gets to drive offroad in AC comfort
2. which of the 4 will drive and which of the 4 will foot the bill if the bumper breaks into 2 etc etc.

So please dont calculate on 4 per vehicle etc..just keep a cost to the vehicle and if 10 guys pile on, its their funeral - Ofcourse they will come in handy to push the vehicle out when stuck!

Quote:
We shall revise the cost depending upon the response as well as the expenses we might incurr.
Please revise - I am hoping to see a positive change and Mahindra RISE
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about offering a chauffeured vehicle to first timers for a lesser price? That way M&M can offer offroad experience with very little risk to their vehicles.

The drivers could be M&M employees or other seasoned/known 4WD owning offroaders who will drive it for free.
We are exploring this option also.
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:45   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We are exploring this option also.
So if ideas from team-bhp are implemented, do we get a good discount?

Hope to get the same answer as quoted above!
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:45   #55
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Great idea Deepak - Vinod, you know where to look for the team - A Winning Team
Actually the Mahindra Adventure events can serve as the platform to decide who participates in the team. That way the lure of participating in events around the world as a Mahindra factory team becomes the big lure for people to participate in Mahindra Adventure local events

Team Mahindra should have atleast three Thars and a total of six drivers. These drivers can be selected each year from the previous year's Adventure events

Sounds like fun? BTW ownership of Thar and comprehensive event participation a requisite for selection for Team Thar !!

Last edited by DKG : 23rd May 2011 at 17:46.
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:53   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

I think i can rent a Pajero and do the trail in AC comfort if the above is true!!
Sirji, Please check this out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2222252

I know this to be true as we are exploring using this option for few members of our troop for drive to Ladakh this year.
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I had received this email a couple of months back. I remember Spitfire posting this already in another thread too.
"Mahindra Adventure" Launched! Multi-Day Great Escapes, TSD Rallies and more-avis.jpg
Although i do not know of the details and hidden costs, i do not understand why it has to be this expensive Vinod. Please rethink about it.
Another question, when you say 10K per vehicle for a group of 4, would there be some insurance restrictions for only one driver or all 4 can drive?
Great initiative but it would end up as a premium event.
If you are looking at numbers, the pricing has to come down.
Cheers and wishing you luck.
Deepak
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Non-Mahindra vehicle owners will get a chance to participate in the Great Escapes, by hiring the Thar / Scorpio / Bolero
This is a great opportunity to learn the OTR ropes

Quote:
at a great price! I would do atleast 2 events.

Vinod, does this deal hold good for the TSD rally too?
Old 24th May 2011, 09:38   #59

Hi Vinod,
How are you, This is sreeni from Aavalakonda and Armada explorer, If it is suitable and meets your requirement you can feel free to contact me to have Aavalakonda as one of the event venue, Actually I am thinking of keeping 4 or 6 4x4 jeeps in my place to hire out for offroaders to have fun in Aavalakonda, still not worked out the logistics, with warm regards mpsreeni.
M P Sreenivasan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 12:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonk View Post

at a great price! I would do atleast 2 events.

Vinod, does this deal hold good for the TSD rally too?
Welcome Old monk! No this doesnt apply to TSD rallies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M P Sreenivasan View Post
Hi Vinod,
How are you, This is sreeni from Aavalakonda and Armada explorer, If it is suitable and meets your requirement you can feel free to contact me to have Aavalakonda as one of the event venue, Actually I am thinking of keeping 4 or 6 4x4 jeeps in my place to hire out for offroaders to have fun in Aavalakonda, still not worked out the logistics, with warm regards mpsreeni.
Thanks for the offer Srini sir. This year Bangalore is not in the schedule. Shall certainly get in touch with you next year.
vinod_nookala is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks