Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 17:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4x4 Nature Riders OTR at Belthangady

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rajith - please give my regards to Ritesh (Wolf), its been ages sine we last met, even talked. Enjoy the OTR and bring back lots of photographs of the MONK and other vehicles!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram'ji, your regards are well received, thank you!

Its been 2 years since OTRing and really looking forward to it. See if you want to make it too
Old 4th August 2015, 17:47   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Behram'ji, your regards are well received, thank you! Its been 2 years since OTRing and really looking forward to it. See if you want to make it too
Dear Ritesh - hello after ages yaar! . I can never forget two things that happened when we had met for the OTR. One was the slipping and sliding in the mud just 2 kms from the start line, the second was the wonderfully maintained absolutely original CJ3BRHD which a participant had parked in the hotel but did not use for the OTR (very sensible of him)! It seems like yesterday! I wish I could "OTR" again, the itch is very strong, and I am missing the action! You please enjoy yourself, Rajith and "The Monk" are there to keep you company! All the best, take care and keep in touch!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 5th August 2015, 14:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ritesh - hello after ages yaar! . I can never forget two things that happened when we had met for the OTR. One was the slipping and sliding in the mud just 2 kms from the start line, the second was the wonderfully maintained absolutely original CJ3BRHD which a participant had parked in the hotel but did not use for the OTR (very sensible of him)! It seems like yesterday! I wish I could "OTR" again, the itch is very strong, and I am missing the action! You please enjoy yourself, Rajith and "The Monk" are there to keep you company! All the best, take care and keep in touch!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sirji, you have an elephantine memory, Yes I remember the sliding little ahead of the entrance at Chikmagalur Great Escape, my 7:00-16s held up somehow and yes the 3B from Hydbd which was just a showpiece

Please see if you can make still make it, it will be great fun after so long!!!

The terrain seems more suited for mwb than swb...need to check it out...
Old 5th August 2015, 15:21   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
The 3B from Hyderabad was just a showpiece .
Dear Ritesh - I don't think the CJ3B was from Hyderabad. It had a Karnataka number and was completely original, in grey color. I really wish I could come. As I won't be able to make it, please post a lot of photographs which is the closest that I can get to the action!

You'll also remember that a new black Thar CRDe was made to stand next to the hotel portico with its front RH tire on a stone, hahaha! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 9th August 2015, 20:28   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard the track was superb! Good job guys! Now please don't keep us waiting and post some pics.
Old 9th August 2015, 21:37   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Heard the track was superb! Good job guys! Now please don't keep us waiting and post some pics.
Didn't expect anything less from them.

I had initially decided to go along with Sachin. Then he dropped out because of a business related issue. And I got very busy with my business affairs. On Friday when Rajesh called me, I was still in two minds. I decided to make the decision by Friday night. Then a customer called in with a request for proposal, with a Monday evening deadline. Which meant I have to work through the weekend, which I did. So I had to miss an event just 100kms away.
Old 10th August 2015, 11:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am wondering, why is it, that on every OTR, the scorpio 4x4 stops working? I guess it goes kaput if splashed by water?
Hah!!! I was thinking the same exact thing. In fact, I believe there is a TV commercial that shows how the automatic 4x4 cutoff safety feature works as the Scorpio is bombarded by an airborn water tanker. Scorpio cannot go up hills thanks to its 3:73 crown gears. It has a rather cramped front seat, it has a finicky front suspension...It does not make anything of mine RISE.

On the other hand hope springs anew for my 2009 invader after seeing these pics. Maybe I can do something with it yet.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

Crazy event in total!!! Rains and loose mud had made every obstacle a trophy winner. Every jeep had to be winched or JCB'd...which took time and made the event a wait and be winched type. Section 2 was not explored at all due to the lost time. It rained through most of day 1 and everyone was soaked till their socks. Umbrellas and raincoats were a vanity, most let them be on their jeep tubs. Obstacles that were suited for jeeps were amazing!!! Organizers tried their best but the rains were out of control. JCB operators mustve taken a week long holiday after this event. I was in Rajiths MM540 with Isuzu 3.1L mill. It did as good as any good jeep would and for once I enjoyed as a passenger. Evening party was awesome too. Over all, great great effort by the organizers, it was fun being there.

Last edited by The Wolf : 12th August 2015 at 13:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks