Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 22:34   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mitsubishi Heart-in-Mouth 4x4 event in Delhi, on the 28th of August 2011

- Entry fee is a mere 300 rupees

- If you are interested and want to participate with your Pajero / Montero, please revert to Arshad / Sumit (contact details below) by Wednesday.

Mitsubishi Heart-in-Mouth 4x4 event in Delhi, on the 28th of August 2011-him-delhi.jpg
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Heart-in-Mouth 4x4 event in Delhi, on the 28th of August 2011

Good to see 4x4 manufacturers taking the lead in making their customers experience the 4x4 nature of their vehicles. First it was Toyota with their Fortuner bootcamps & now Mitsubhishi.

However, nothing can beat the M&M from their Great Escapes through out the country. Rest of the folks have a lot of catching up to do here.
Old 28th August 2011, 22:18   #3
BHPian

Hello Everyone:

I participated in the event in my Pajero. Turned out well. It is a well-conceived event on the part of Mitsubishi and with experience I reckon the administrative aspects will become smoother. Couldn't take pictures since I was driving. But am attaching a link to Mitsubishi India's facebook page to give you an idea of the terrain.

http://http://www.facebook.com/photo...type=1&theater

There were a couple of 'challenges' which would have excited the off-roader in you all. There was this incline of about 35 degrees with lose soil. Very few, after the first few, could make it. Another one was a long slush stretch which saw 5 cars getting stuck and had to be winched and 'tractored' simultaneously. Worse part was that with each successive attempt (end result being the same - digging deeper into to slushy ground) the track became even more intractable.

About 40 cars turned up for the event. When the event was flagged off there was supposed to be a convoy but I guess this was not conveyed properly. Result - mad rush to reach the venue with people overtaking from left (wouldn't have been surprised if they tried to crawl under your car).

Net net, good way to spend half of Sunday.

I understand another event is being planned at Jim Corbett. Am avidly looking forward to it.

Cheers!
Old 29th August 2011, 11:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Shri View Post
Hello Everyone:

I participated in the event in my Pajero. Turned out well. It is a well-conceived event on the part of Mitsubishi and with experience I reckon the administrative aspects will become smoother. Couldn't take pictures since I was driving. But am attaching a link to Mitsubishi India's facebook page to give you an idea of the terrain.

http://http://www.facebook.com/photo...type=1&theater

There were a couple of 'challenges' which would have excited the off-roader in you all. There was this incline of about 35 degrees with lose soil. Very few, after the first few, could make it. Another one was a long slush stretch which saw 5 cars getting stuck and had to be winched and 'tractored' simultaneously. Worse part was that with each successive attempt (end result being the same - digging deeper into to slushy ground) the track became even more intractable.

About 40 cars turned up for the event. When the event was flagged off there was supposed to be a convoy but I guess this was not conveyed properly. Result - mad rush to reach the venue with people overtaking from left (wouldn't have been surprised if they tried to crawl under your car).

Net net, good way to spend half of Sunday.

I understand another event is being planned at Jim Corbett. Am avidly looking forward to it.

Cheers!

I am sure it must have been a lot of fun. I just saw the thread & was not aware of anything like this happening or else may have gone for it..was the terrain harsh or were the Pajeros able to take them in their strdie ?? As you mentioned there was a mad rush / race etc. That does not sound professional - as for the slush - that is always the trickiest part, especially after some vehicles have gone thru !!

BTW the link is not working !! Do try to source some pics to post here, may be the organisers could oblige.

Cheers
Old 29th August 2011, 19:36   #5
BHPian

Hi Ricky:

I would be lying if I said I was not expecting you to attend considering you are the only one on this forum I have read about having a Pajero and living in the NCR.

It was fun indeed but could have been more fun... I am hinting on the smoothness of the organization. This, however, is not intended to take away any credit from the effort put behind the event. The terrain was not easy Ricky to begin with and then was made even harsher because of some 'rash' driving. I have driven the Pajero inside Corbett Park during monsoons when the roads are otherwise closed to visitors because there are no roads and the rivers/nullahs are swollen and once with 7 people inside the car. Trust me when I say that Corbett during monsoons is difficult for even the safari gypsys to negotiate especially the route from Dhikala to Kalagarh via Paterpani, Gaujpani etc. Even then, I found some of the slush obstacles tough. Probably explains why quite a few Pajeros got stuck. I didn't...ahem ahem.

This event also helped me realize that the Pajero is a very capable vehicle even though I managed to dent a side board on the rocky challenge because I didn't get down to investigate before crossing and brought the right tire down a big rock in a hurry.

I am waiting for the organizers to post the pictures and then will seek their permission to post them here.

Would you be interested in the Corbett event? I will send you a pm if the moderators give me the liberty to do so once I have sufficient information. It could be that the http: is appearing twice in the link I gave so am repasting the link with just one http. Please let me know if it works. Else you can google for Mitsubishi India Facebook and visit the link.

Mitsubishi India's Photos - Mitsubishi Pajero Heart in Mouth- Delhi Recce | Facebook

Take care
Old 30th August 2011, 10:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Thanks the link worked this time. Some nice pictures. I am sure you would have had a lot of fun..Some of the obstacles do look risky.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks