Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 14:26   #16
BHPian

re: Hosur OTR 25th September 2011. Report/Pic Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I have not yet fitted better shackles to my Gypsy or a winch. It is in stock condition with Yoko Geolanders. Will it pass the trail or are the treacherous portions skippable?

I would like to come. This will be my first OTR as you know in the last one, I took a lift with Dwarak Sir.

@Declutch you can hop into my Gypsy.

--Ragul
@Ragul

Thanks a bunch Ragul, will join you for sure. I am already so excited, just cant wait for this sunday .

Ragul: Please mail me your contact details to Deepak.shivanna1@aon.com or i am not sure how to contact you :(

Request to Mods:
I am particularly not sure about posting my mail id, I do not have the previlage of sending a PM. Or can i post my cell number? Please delete my mail id if things not falling in place.
Old 20th September 2011, 00:02   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Guys

I just checked the office weekend calendar and I am scheduled for a 24/7 on-call availability this weekend for tech. escalations. I do it once a month. Therefore I will have to skip this one.

Have a great time all of you.

Declutch - PM'ed you. My apologies. Hope somebody will offer you a lift.

--Ragul
Old 20th September 2011, 12:23   #18
BHPian

@ Rahul,

Work comes first, i understand your constraints. Still, thanks a bunch for offering me to help.

@ Bhpians,

It's a 'U" turn for me and I am back to where I started, ..looking for a ride and be part of this event. Anyone willing to lend a ride this time or should i just arrive at the meeting point and hope someone will Yelp
Old 20th September 2011, 15:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

DeClutch, where do you stay in bangalore?
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 15:23   #20
BHPian

@SVSANTOSH

Firstly, Thank you for the response. I live at 8 mile(Near jalahalli) on Tumkur road. But, i dont mind travelling to any place to join you people.

please mail to deepak.shivanna1@aon.com or 9886207896.

Mods: if posting mobile no is inappropriate, please delete the details.

Thanks,
Deepak Shivanna
Old 20th September 2011, 18:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yikes - that is super FAAR from silkboard!! If you can bike down to BTM layout 2nd stage, there is safe parking outside the Adyar-Anand-Bhavan hotel signal, few guys should take that road to reach silk board, then you can hop on. Else do you mind biking all the way to Hosur?
Old 20th September 2011, 19:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Yikes - that is super FAAR from silkboard!! If you can bike down to BTM layout 2nd stage, there is safe parking outside the Adyar-Anand-Bhavan hotel signal, few guys should take that road to reach silk board, then you can hop on. Else do you mind biking all the way to Hosur?
You are definitely right . Geographically, i am put up on the northern entry/exit part of Bangalore

Since, i have the NICE road for rescue..it makes my life a bit easier. I can come to Hosur itself .

I guess, i am more active on this page to grab a ride than the actual particiapants interested in this event!
Old 20th September 2011, 21:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeClutch 4X4 View Post
You are definitely right . Geographically, i am put up on the northern entry/exit part of Bangalore

Since, i have the NICE road for rescue..it makes my life a bit easier. I can come to Hosur itself .

I guess, i am more active on this page to grab a ride than the actual particiapants interested in this event!
Deepak,

Take a nice ride on your bull till Hosur, Drop it at SV Santosh's place and hop into some offroader
Old 21st September 2011, 08:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

^ Yeah, Rip ur bull till hosur, i will guide to a safe parking spot. Then hop onto any available seat! Dont worry about the count, it is the fear of unknown, coming so faar without knowing if it will be interesting. Dwarak has seen once what this (sort of hosur) terrain can throw at us, so he is interested and so are a few more. Once the report flows, may be next time the count will go up.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:28   #25
BHPian

Was waiting for some expert company to announce an OTR which I can easily travel upto (will be my first). Upon seeing the link, I quickly formed plans to put up at my friend's in Bangalore for the weekend, and hurriedly opened up the link to confirm participation. Alas, my hopes were shot dead with the "no SUV" requirement :(

But I know enough of this forum to trust the experts, so when you guys say so, it's just an amen to that!

Have fun guys. Will wait to read the report the week after.

PS: mouth-watering track but IS demanding and a LWB and heavy SUV like mine will be damaged. Any idea how the terrain is now during the monsoon?
Old 21st September 2011, 11:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Was waiting for some expert company to announce an OTR which I can easily travel upto (will be my first). Upon seeing the link, I quickly formed plans to put up at my friend's in Bangalore for the weekend, and hurriedly opened up the link to confirm participation. Alas, my hopes were shot dead with the "no SUV" requirement :(

But I know enough of this forum to trust the experts, so when you guys say so, it's just an amen to that!

Have fun guys. Will wait to read the report the week after.

PS: mouth-watering track but IS demanding and a LWB and heavy SUV like mine will be damaged. Any idea how the terrain is now during the monsoon?
Good thinking. However, we shall evaluate the SUV possibility in the same terrain once we test it with SWB

Better luck next time
Old 21st September 2011, 13:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Deepak,

Take a nice ride on your bull till Hosur, Drop it at SV Santosh's place and hop into some offroader
Quote:
^ Yeah, Rip ur bull till hosur, i will guide to a safe parking spot. Then hop onto any available seat! Dont worry about the count, it is the fear of unknown, coming so faar without knowing if it will be interesting. Dwarak has seen once what this (sort of hosur) terrain can throw at us, so he is interested and so are a few more. Once the report flows, may be next time the count will go up.
@dwaraka
Sir, Thanks much for the affirmative tone, will do as instructed.

@svasantosh
Sir, Thanks a bunch as well for your help. Will surely make it to hosur with my bull on a leisurely sunday early morning .
Old 21st September 2011, 19:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Any idea how the terrain is now during the monsoon?
It is not the mechanicals that will get damaged in a SUV class vehicle (my guess), but the body and front/rear fenders, side steps, paint, etc etc will be damaged beyond repair!! Worst case wrt to mechanicals, clutch may get burnt out in a very heavy suv.

This is not a monsoon dependent track, rains makes no diff, except some pasture for eyes!! Pure rocks and no water holding area here, except for a tiny stream.

Last edited by svsantosh : 21st September 2011 at 19:47.
Old 21st September 2011, 21:06   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
It is not the mechanicals that will get damaged in a SUV class vehicle (my guess), but the body and front/rear fenders, side steps, paint, etc etc will be damaged beyond repair!! Worst case wrt to mechanicals, clutch may get burnt out in a very heavy suv.

This is not a monsoon dependent track, rains makes no diff, except some pasture for eyes!! Pure rocks and no water holding area here, except for a tiny stream.

I guess this applies also to a Gypsy? So only 340/540 type vehicles are fit for this track without suffering damage?

--Ragul
Old 21st September 2011, 23:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I guess this applies also to a Gypsy? So only 340/540 type vehicles are fit for this track without suffering damage?

--Ragul
A gypsy has the same/similar approach/departure angles like any jeep, so nothing shd happen to it. But the truth is no petrol 4x4 has done this stretch, so i cant comment on other aspects until i see 1 gypsy try and complete this trail. If you have seen avalakonda's last hill climb the only danger could be a excessive clutch burn out and nothing else.

A diesel's low end torque (crawl) definetly is a advantage while clearing loose 1-foot high boulders on a 40+ Degree climb, this is one place where guys tend to burn out a gypsy's clutch, but otherwise there is nothing that should a gypsy cant do here...
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed