Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 14:55   #1
BHPian

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp

Ford owners and others who might have subscribed at india.ford.com should have received this email in their inbox.

---
You and your family can join us on the 1st & 2nd October, 2011 from 9am to 5pm at Camp Wild at Aravali Valley in Dhaujj, close to Gurgaon Faridabad Highway.

Experience the Endeavour Power in all its glory on the custom made off-roading track specially designed for the drive. Map:
Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-map.jpg

Get a chance to the experience the Endeavour drive along with Mr. Jagat Nanjappa, the famous rally driver.

What’s more, you and your family can also participate in exciting adventure sports like Fox Climbing, Rappling, Burma Bridge & Rock Climbing.
---

There's a link in the email which directs you to a page at india.ford.com for registration. Anybody know this "custom-made" track and can comment on it? Has anyone been to an event like this by Ford?

Anyways, this is in Gurgaon and it is too late for me to plan something.
ssh1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 18:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp at Aravali Valley, near Gurgaon

Cool. So looks like Ford is also having a boot camp just like Fortuner. So is this a every year affair or the first time?

Would be expecting a detailed report with lots of pics.
Old 27th September 2011, 20:32   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Friendly Moderator TSK1979 is going to be there

For other SUV / MUV owners who are interested:

- 2 Delhi BHPians can accompany Rally Driver Jagat Nanjappa as a co-passenger for a spin on the Ford Endeavour.

- To register for the event, drop a mail to dsoumya@ford.com along with your contact number and the make of your car.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 13:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Ford owners and others who might have subscribed at india.ford.com should have received this email in their inbox.
Wow this is Awesome! I was really hoping they would do something like this. Except this is in Gurgaon so I wont be able to come :(

I tried to go to india.ford.com to subscribe for further news of such events but I cant find anything like a subscribe button. Could you please tell me how to get subscribed? Will look forward to a similar event in the South.

Thank you.

Good luck to all of you that are going for the event
Old 29th September 2011, 13:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
Wow this is Awesome! I was really hoping they would do something like this. Except this is in Gurgaon so I wont be able to come :(

I tried to go to india.ford.com to subscribe for further news of such events but I cant find anything like a subscribe button. Could you please tell me how to get subscribed? Will look forward to a similar event in the South.

Thank you.

Good luck to all of you that are going for the event
Vishnu, just download some brochure giving your email address. I used to receive emails from ford.com even before my purchase where I had given the same ID I had used to 'subscribe'.

Hope all attending have a nice time; seems there'ssome fun stuff for the accompanying families too!

@TSK1979, please be kind enough to share your experience and some pictures
ssh1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Endeavour Drive

I went to the Endeavour off-road drive camp organised by Ford near Gurgaon. Rallyist Jagat Nanjappa was there to drive the participants through the custom made obstacles to introduce Endeavour owners to offroading.

The obstacles were quite easy considering the truck based Endeavour can do a lot tougher trail. This drive was more of high speed drive through jumps, slush and drifting experience with Jagat. We got to drive through this trail, the trail was easy. Infact i completed most of it in 2wd(with rear LSD working to its name), i engaged 4L for the slush part, even that was not tough at all. I loved drifting the huge Endeavour in sand, huge dimensions + pretty long wheelbase made it quite fun on the loose sand. Overall a fun experience, as a petrolhead i would have loved a serious trail but i am sure for first timers it would have been a good experience(considering the expressions on their face).

BTW Endeavour's Autobox works good off the road. We went there in Fortuner and had some offroading fun on the way back, we realised some of the rural roads had tougher obstacles than the Ford's custom made track.

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-1.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-2.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-3.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-4.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-5.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-6.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-7.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-8.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-9.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-10.jpg

Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp-11.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd October 2011 at 20:02.
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:17   #7
BHPian

Re: Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp at Aravali Valley, near Gurgaon

Awesome. Thanks for the pics. Those rocks there in the last pic look quite challenging? Or maybe it just looks like that from this angle. I was kinda hoping Ford would put up a challenging course like the one they had for the Fortuner in their boot camp. No rains this time for Ford so I guess this was all they could do. Looking forward to come more pics
Old 3rd October 2011, 08:26   #8
BHPian

Re: Endeavour Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I went to the Endeavour off-road drive camp organised by Ford near Gurgaon. Rallyist Jagat Nanjappa was there to drive the participants through the custom made obstacles to introduce Endeavour owners to offroading.

The obstacles were quite easy considering the truck based Endeavour can do a lot tougher trail. This drive was more of high speed drive through jumps, slush and drifting experience with Jagat. We got to drive through this trail, the trail was easy. Infact i completed most of it in 2wd(with rear LSD working to its name), i engaged 4L for the slush part, even that was not tough at all. I loved drifting the huge Endeavour in sand, huge dimensions + pretty long wheelbase made it quite fun on the loose sand. Overall a fun experience, as a petrolhead i would have loved a serious trail but i am sure for first timers it would have been a good experience(considering the expressions on their face).

BTW Endeavour's Autobox works good off the road. We went there in Fortuner and had some offroading fun on the way back, we realised some of the rural roads had tougher obstacles than the Ford's custom made track.

Attachment 819863

Attachment 819864

Attachment 819865

Attachment 819866

Attachment 819867

Attachment 819868

Attachment 819869

Attachment 819870

Attachment 819871

Attachment 819872

Attachment 819873

It was fun metin up with many of the auto reporters at this event. I had my figures crossed when each of them stepped into the truck and told me who they where.
Considering the fact that this was not a off roadin event on a serious base and havin to drive round the same course for more than 200 laps over 2 days, with clients comin from different back grounds, it was not bad.
I watched some of the auto reporters tryin to ape the drive i had taken them for. Man, i reserve my comments !!!

Last edited by jagat nanjappa : 3rd October 2011 at 08:28.
jagat nanjappa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:12   #9
BHPian

Amazing report @.anshuman. Thanks @jagat_nanjappa sir; we would LOVE to hear those comments

These reports couldn't have come at a better time for me. I am headed to Kochi for a week starting tonight and this only gives me confidence that I can take my beast right there without worrying about the road (? or offroad?) conditions there!!!

One question .anshuman/jagat_nanjappa, what were the tyres used on the beast?

Ford, if you are reading this, some kind of this event in the South please? I'm sure you can find some trail near your Chennai plant
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:09   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagat nanjappa View Post
Considering the fact that this was not a off roadin event on a serious base and havin to drive round the same course for more than 200 laps over 2 days, with clients comin from different back grounds, it was not bad.
It was nice meeting you Jagat! By the time we reached the course, it had eroded to quite an extent. I would have liked a section to showcase the articulation of suspension(& LSD) with some wheels in air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
One question .anshuman/jagat_nanjappa, what were the tyres used on the beast?
Stock H/T tires. As Jagat has already mentioned this was not a serious trail. The tires did not limit Endeavour's ability.

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st November 2011 at 23:20. Reason: typo
Old 1st November 2011, 18:04   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Great Ford Endeavour Off-road drive camp

Same event happening now at Chandigarh!

- 5th & 6th November 2011. 0930 - 1700 hours.

- Exhibition Ground, Sector 34, Chandigarh. Map

- Interested? Registration Link

Last edited by GTO : 1st November 2011 at 18:05.
Old 7th November 2011, 14:13   #12
BHPian

Anyone from Team BHP go to this event? Was it any different?
Old 12th December 2011, 19:38   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Another one coming up in Bangalore.

Quote:
You can join us on the 17th & 18th December, 2011 from 9am to 5pm at Manipal County Ground no.65, Singasandra, Off Hosur Road, Bengaluru.
Registration Link if interested
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 20:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO for sharing this link.
Is it a closed event for Ford customers or open to public? I just registered online and the mail received didn't mention anything.
Old 12th December 2011, 22:18   #15
BHPian

Does anyone know if we can use our own Endeavours or do we have to use the ones they provide?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks