Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 08:51   #136
BANNED

Re: Bangalore Annual Offroading Event January 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parashakthi View Post
Hi Rajith,

Even I am participating but have no jeep with me now. Have finalised one and in the process of revuilding it.
In the meanwhile want to have a basics of offroading. Even with whatever a bit I can do in the event if not click some photographs atleast...
Wanted to know how you guys going from hebbal to the location? I am staying in kasturi nagar would join in you guys. Let me know please...
Cheers,
Rashith
Our team totals of 4 vehicles and 8 people. Will update the grouping up point, ones we understand the trail location.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 10:33   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Hehehe. Sorry. This is what happens when you put up with new years resolutions. No smoking and a new gym program that is killing the legs makes the brain go numb.

Anyways, one jeep just dropped out (Kishore's). So back to 5.

Dwaraka,

There are some newbies also joining in. So can you put up a brief for them about the type of climate and clothes to wear. And type of terrain. The rest of dos and donts they can read up other Otr threads and see what to expect.

Edit: oops sorry Fazalbhai. No leftovers. But maybe I have something for you.

Soumya will have support vehicle (Innova). Parked on main road.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 4th January 2012 at 10:36.
Old 4th January 2012, 12:35   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Dwaraka,

There are some newbies also joining in. So can you put up a brief for them about the type of climate and clothes to wear. And type of terrain.

Edit: oops sorry Fazalbhai. No leftovers. But maybe I have something for you.
Dwarak,

Info on weather and gear, a few pics of the terrain like last year (but without the topped Gypsy) etc. will be helpful to guys like me who are new to your side of the country.

Tejas,

One 550 consumed 2 containers of goodies???
Thanks for your kind gesture, it is all that matters.
Regards,
Old 4th January 2012, 14:19   #139
BHPian

Can someone confirm if the spectators are allowed to watch and shoot a couple of snaps. If yes, I like to know the venue details and how to reach the place

Last edited by contactme27 : 4th January 2012 at 14:27.
Old 5th January 2012, 16:25   #140
BHPian

Dwarak , RS6750 has been deposited from HYD .

Jithen Raju + 2 participants, all XL.
Old 5th January 2012, 16:39   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Can someone confirm if the spectators are allowed to watch and shoot a couple of snaps. If yes, I like to know the venue details and how to reach the place
As long as you pay the entry fee, I don't think there is any restrictions on watching and photography.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 00:20   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
There are some newbies also joining in. So can you put up a brief for them about the type of climate and clothes to wear. And type of terrain. The rest of dos and donts they can read up other Otr threads and see what to expect.
Tejas,
Will have a official Dos and Don't mailed in the final info sheet. mean while for personal preparations, terrain will be similar to last year, so you can see 2011 Avalaconda reports. Temperature around 26th jan will be 30'C - 15'C, terrain has lots of thorns (better to wear jeans than Shorts), day time expected skin burning sun. but nothing unbearable. Nights will be cool - cold.

Fazal bhai, terrain is similar to last years, but the trail is a lot more trickier and one needs to use all his skills to keep moving.
We have tried to keep the trail doable by all. Participating vehicles needs to be reliable, 4X4 working, higher GC is prefered, Highway/street tyres not allowed cause of low clearance (MT / AT etc is fine, Highway pattern but bigger tyre size will increase GC which is accepted).
Last year a Jeeper came with almost bald street tyres, his Jeep was so low on GC and his vehicle kept taking a beating throughout the trail.

Cheers
Prithvi
King413 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 12:44   #143
BHPian

dwarak,
4500 deposited from mumbai
Allan + 1
tshirt size l and xl

regards
Old 9th January 2012, 16:32   #144
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

citing the short time we have between now and the event date, we marshals have decided to close the entry on 15th Jan 2012. If any of the participants have not paid the participation fees on or before 15th Jan will be considered cancelled.

Please note that no payment will be accepted at the event venue nor persons/vehicles not registered /paid will be allowed to participate.

Hence, I am requesting participants who have confirmed and not paid yet to effect fund transfer immediately to avoid unpleasant feeling. I would hope you all will appreciate my concern

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 17:26   #145
Senior - BHPian

Announcement :

Hi Participants,

We marshals have discussed and finalised on following;

* Being OTR venue situated nearly 90 kms from South of Bangalore, all participants must start on 26th Jan evening at 4 p.m. Assembly point is 1 km ahead of Nice Road Junction on Kanakapura Road, Bangalore.
* Marshals shall be present at the Assembly point and take along a convoy of 25 vehicles each batch. There will be One Marshal at the front of the convoy and a marshal to tail at the end. No vehicle should stop/ break during the journey till camp site.
* Accomodation (shamiyana tent with proper bed, pillow and blankets) arranged for 26th and 27th night. Outstation participants need not book accomodation on 26th jan. They have to book accomodation in Bangalore only on 28th Jan night.
* Dinner is served on 26th and 27th nights.
* No long wheel base vehicles are allowed including scorpios. The trail is narrow and sharp in turns. Only SWB vehicles with 4 WD working properly and good tyres can take the trail.
* This time it is virgin trail and toughest with steep inclines and slippery gravel. Being so, all participants should carefully listen and act as per Marshal's advice.
* No. of the trails 2, 1 a day
* Marshals - 20+. List will be announced before hand.
* Participants will be grouped into 4 teams and assigned trails with marshals.
* Two mechanics will be available on trails and will attend to break downs only. Spares and consumables cost shall be borne by participants and carried/ arranged by the participants.
* Clearly no alcoholic drinks on the trails. If found consuming/ consumed on the trail, Oteam member/members will have discretion/ authority to stop such participant from participating in the event for both days.
* Avoid smoking on the trail, snub out the cigarettes/ match sticks to avoid starting forest fire.

Please note that, the last date for payment of participation fees is 15th Jan 2012. If not paid, the participation is cancelled. No spot registrations and collection of participation fees.

The above are the basic guidelines to ensure the event is success.

Look forward to gala event.

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 23:03   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Announcement :

Hi Participants,

* No long wheel base vehicles are allowed including scorpios.

Look forward to gala event.

Dwarak
Thanks. Is it possible to reach the venue in a car? If not how far is it that we need to park from the trail and risk? Mobile connectivity?
Old 10th January 2012, 09:07   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Thanks. Is it possible to reach the venue in a car? If not how far is it that we need to park from the trail and risk? Mobile connectivity?
I must sound optimist now. Reaching the camp site and parking the vehicle is no problem at your own risk. Mobile connectivity is on and off on the trail.

Dwarak
Old 10th January 2012, 10:27   #148
BANNED

Dwarak sir,
Can we see the final updated excel as on date to verify all ok.Also list of things to carry, Dos and Donts.
Rgrds,
Rajith
Old 10th January 2012, 13:54   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
* Accomodation (shamiyana tent with proper bed, pillow and blankets) arranged for 26th and 27th night. Outstation participants need not book accomodation on 26th jan. They have to book accomodation in Bangalore only on 28th Jan night.
* Dinner is served on 26th and 27th nights.
Two days of no bath, only dirt and sweat whole day. We may not be allowed to enter our homes when we go back. Better load up on deodorants.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:24   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Announcement :

Hi Participants,

* Accomodation (shamiyana tent with proper bed, pillow and blankets) arranged
Dwarak
Dwarak,

Could we pitch in our own tents as well?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks