Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 18:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Annual Offroading Event January 2012

Hi offroaders,

Like tradition follows, Bangalore Offroading event is a phenomenon which brings 4 WD friends from across. Though it is too early to post the actual dates of the event and OTR venue, Avaavalakonda qualifies for another chance, unless we have another trail brooding. MP Sreenivas will be every willing to host us at his Avaavalakonda land.

BODA's are summoned to do some search for new trail which will be able to take 100 vehicles and double the people on two day event including one night camping as usual.

Any suggestions on trail and dates, please pour in advance to streamline the arrangement. January 26th falls on thursday, means no chance of OTR on that day. Next option is 28th and 29th January being saturday and sunday. or 27th and 28th (friday and saturday) to enable outstation offroaders return to base on sunday.

After offroaders from across have experienced conflicts with authorities and locals, we have to be more careful this time. We can discuss about measures and the same are going to be strictly followed each and every participant.

Look forward to your feedback and suggestions.

Warm regards,
Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 19:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Annual Offroading Event January 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Hi offroaders,

Like tradition follows, Bangalore Offroading event is a phenomenon which brings 4 WD friends from across. Though it is too early to post the actual dates of the event and OTR venue, Avaavalakonda qualifies for another chance, unless we have another trail brooding. MP Sreenivas will be every willing to host us at his Avaavalakonda land.

BODA's are summoned to do some search for new trail which will be able to take 100 vehicles and double the people on two day event including one night camping as usual.

Any suggestions on trail and dates, please pour in advance to streamline the arrangement. January 26th falls on thursday, means no chance of OTR on that day. Next option is 28th and 29th January being saturday and sunday. or 27th and 28th (friday and saturday) to enable outstation offroaders return to base on sunday.

After offroaders from across have experienced conflicts with authorities and locals, we have to be more careful this time. We can discuss about measures and the same are going to be strictly followed each and every participant.

Look forward to your feedback and suggestions.
Hi Dwaraka,

We look forward to Aaavalakonda 2012.

My Suggestions
1) Keep the same setup in the same terrain.
The O-Team has good experience in organizing the event and are familiar with the surrounding area and necessary logistics.

2) Work out a few Trail Heads(Entry/Exit Points).

Do the shorter Trail on Day#1 as there are more vehicles and Longer Trail on Day#2 as the number decreases substantially.

3) Dates
27th Jan (Friday) - Meet up & Day#1 Night Stay
28th Jan (Saturday) - Day#2 & Drive back to Bangalore.

The Terra-Tigers eagerly look forward to this event.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 19:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Arka,

that's quick gun murugan style. thanks for suggestions and we are ever ready to host you folk.
Old 8th October 2011, 20:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

I hope to join this time around as part of the Terra Tigers team.

My suggestion for dates would be the same as Arka's 27th and 28th .

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 8th October 2011 at 20:08.
Old 9th October 2011, 12:50   #5
BHPian

We will be there for the event
shams is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 21:46   #6
BHPian

Dear Dwarak,
Would like to suggest, for Day 1,do the Uttar pinakini. (Uttar Pinakini part 2) and for Day 2,we can look at Avaalakonda or Solgere. However must mention that Solgere has limitation of handling maybe max 12 Jeeps. Why not split the Day 2 activity between Solgere and Avaalakonda? Reason is since most outstation jeepers have seen Avaalakonda and most locals have seen Solgere, switch locations for local jeepers and those of outstation.

That way we give best of both worlds to both local and Glocals(read as globals/outstation jeepers). I know taking the group to two diff locations requires massive planning and deployment of manpower,food arrangements etc etc. Reason am suggesting because Bangalore OTR in the past have attracted MAXIMUM participation and knowing bangalore authorities,thought to play safe and offer variety too.

Andy

Am available on all sundays from month of November if you require, for any recces.

Last edited by Grace : 9th October 2011 at 21:49. Reason: see edit
Old 10th October 2011, 08:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Dear Dwarak,
Would like to suggest, for Day 1,do the Uttar pinakini. (Uttar Pinakini part 2) and for Day 2,we can look at Avaalakonda or Solgere. However must mention that Solgere has limitation of handling maybe max 12 Jeeps. Why not split the Day 2 activity between Solgere and Avaalakonda? Reason is since most outstation jeepers have seen Avaalakonda and most locals have seen Solgere, switch locations for local jeepers and those of outstation.

That way we give best of both worlds to both local and Glocals(read as globals/outstation jeepers). I know taking the group to two diff locations requires massive planning and deployment of manpower,food arrangements etc etc. Reason am suggesting because Bangalore OTR in the past have attracted MAXIMUM participation and knowing bangalore authorities,thought to play safe and offer variety too.

Andy

Am available on all sundays from month of November if you require, for any recces.
Andy,

You have the answers too buddy. Bigger the crowd difficult to manage. soligere is strictly manned by Forest department and no thoroughfare.

Avalakonda poses tough challenge each time and terrain changes. Plus unexplored trails are so many. MP Sreenivas will be able comment best on it.

We want one more Avalakonda kind of trail. So exploration is needed.
Old 14th October 2011, 14:37   #8
BHPian

Dear Dwaraka Sir,

I hope to join this time around with my CJ3B. 27th and 28th Jan is the right dates i feel,29th Jan is to relax

regards,
Karumbaiah
Old 14th October 2011, 17:19   #9
BANNED

Me too interested, coming in Gypsy.

Thanks
Ragul
Old 14th October 2011, 17:42   #10
BHPian

Anybody willing to take a newbie along? I want experience off-roading for a long time now.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:01   #11
BHPian

I am definitely interested in coming. Do you think my car will be alright in the terrain? Don't know what it will be like.

By the time the event happens My ford Endeavour will be equipped with the following:

1. 2" ironman lift kit
2. Ironman underbody protection
3. Geolandar AT Tyres

I have a 4T tow strap, D shackles, tyre pressure gauge. Only thing missing is a rear tow hook. But for emergency situations we can attach shackles to the leaf springs I guess.

Please let me know if I can come.

Thank you,

-Vishnu
Old 14th October 2011, 20:13   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
I am definitely interested in coming. Do you think my car will be alright in the terrain? Don't know what it will be like.

By the time the event happens My ford Endeavour will be equipped with the following:

1. 2" ironman lift kit
3. Geolandar AT Tyres

I have a 4T tow strap, D shackles, tyre pressure gauge. Only thing missing is a rear tow hook. But for emergency situations we can attach shackles to the leaf springs I guess.

Thank you,

-Vishnu

I dont think any LWB can tackle Avalkonda. Even gypsies gets stuck here and there as there is hardly any place left for the rear over hang to escape without scraping.
Old 14th October 2011, 20:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post

1. 2" ironman lift kit
3. Geolandar AT Tyres

Thank you,

-Vishnu
There was a lancruiser prado from our team this year.

Broken bumpers (front and rear)
I tyre totally damaged
Full body had to be repainted and what not.
Cladding broken.

Catch Zac and get a 4 inch lift + metal bumpers + rock sliders , then you will have a fair chance.
Old 15th October 2011, 05:04   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein

There was a lancruiser prado from our team this year.

Broken bumpers (front and rear)
I tyre totally damaged
Full body had to be repainted and what not.
Cladding broken.

Catch Zac and get a 4 inch lift + metal bumpers + rock sliders , then you will have a fair chance.
Wow. Ok I'm definitely not coming then. Thanks for that info.
Old 15th October 2011, 17:47   #15
BHPian

This time I have a Jeep So I am Coming. Is there any entry fee for the event ? Is it Only for We BHPians or Outsiders can bring their Jeeps ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks