Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 17:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Royal New Year Escape

Some more eye-catching pics of the Royal Escape. The six day adventure was filled with off-road driving, dune bashing, sumptuous spread at palaces and a lot more!

The Royal New Year Escape-img_3.jpg

The Royal New Year Escape-img_5.jpg

The Royal New Year Escape-img_7.jpg

Name:  img_8.jpg
Views: 2313
Size:  20.5 KB

The Royal New Year Escape-img_9.jpg

The Royal New Year Escape-img_11.jpg

The Royal New Year Escape-img_27.jpg

The Royal New Year Escape-img_31.jpg

The Royal New Year Escape-img_33.jpg
vinod_nookala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 17:10   #2
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Royal New Year Escape

This year I would love to take part in the Royal Escape. What is the route they cover?
Old 17th January 2012, 11:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Vinod,

Can we have more info please as in the route, vehicles and the costing. Also when does the calendar for this opens?

Cheers
Old 17th January 2012, 14:02   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Vinod for putting this up. Lovely memory.

It was pure fun filled drive with the convoy. Unfortunately my camera gave up its ghost and did not catch any pictures during the drive but for some on my camera.
Old 17th January 2012, 15:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
It was pure fun filled drive with the convoy. Unfortunately my camera gave up its ghost and did not catch any pictures during the drive but for some on my camera.
Isn't that a bit of a contrary sentence
Old 17th January 2012, 16:44   #6
BHPian

That looks really nice. Challenging nature in Man made machines How does one go about being part of these events? I presume these are by invitation only?
Old 19th January 2012, 19:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
This year I would love to take part in the Royal Escape. What is the route they cover?
DKG, This event was scheduled between 27th of December 2011 to 1st of January 2012. Werent you aware of this event? We had put numerous posts on our facebook page!! how fantastic it would have been to have you there. Never mind, will make sure you join us next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Vinod,

Can we have more info please as in the route, vehicles and the costing. Also when does the calendar for this opens?

Cheers
This expedition started from Delhi- Bikaner- Jaisalmer- munwar desert camp- alsishar and back to New delhi. The route covered arrow straight highways, lunch at palaces, dune bashing in the evening, driving on lake bed and night stay at royal palaces. It costed 60K for a team of two. We gave our brand new Scorpio, Bolero and THAR 4x4's to participants to drive. There were 4 teams from BODA (Bangalore off road group) and they were satisfied with the amount of off road driving and the experience we gave! This speaks a lot about this expedition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Thanks Vinod for putting this up. Lovely memory.
Thank you Sweep. It was pleasure having you in the expedition. You knew the whole area like back of your hand. Lot to lear from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
That looks really nice. Challenging nature in Man made machines How does one go about being part of these events? I presume these are by invitation only?
The event was open to all but seats got blocked in no time- courtesy Monastery escape experiences!! We are ideating on new escapes next financial year and shall keep you all informed.

shall update the next set of pics soon.
Old 19th January 2012, 19:55   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Vinod for putting up this thread. We (BODA Gang) loved the experience and it was the BEST way to spend the new year holidays. I would highly recommend this ESCAPE to everyone -- as a family outing. The organization, route planning, execution was just too good.
khan_sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 20:53   #9
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
DKG, This event was scheduled between 27th of December 2011 to 1st of January 2012. Werent you aware of this event? We had put numerous posts on our facebook page!! how fantastic it would have been to have you there.
I was aware but had exhausted all my leave Please count me in this year. let's spread the word to some of our Monastery Escape folks too

BTW are you doing something in the western ghats this monsoon? would like to participate in that too
Old 20th January 2012, 12:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Thanks Vinod for putting up this thread. We (BODA Gang) loved the experience and it was the BEST way to spend the new year holidays. I would highly recommend this ESCAPE to everyone -- as a family outing. The organization, route planning, execution was just too good.
While i post the pics, can one of you from BODA gang also share the pics? Haven't seen your share of pics even on FB.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Roll!!!!

Hi Vinod,

M&M Adventure is on a roll, Lovely pics and great initiative.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Is the Roll-Cage on the Thar CRDe; ARAI & CMVR certified, and lastly scientifically engineered

EDIT- Is it a portable bore well kit for desert expeditions?
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 14:20   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
While i post the pics, can one of you from BODA gang also share the pics? Haven't seen your share of pics even on FB.
Where have you been looking Vinooooooooood i had posted in Royal escape page!

Been very busy that i never got on to posting in TBHP, will do it on sunday if time permits.

This one was a family outing, not the typical rough and tough stuff, like say Leh. Even kids were allowed to join in. It was super fun, my first experience in a Scorpio 4x4 and that too on sand!! I got super mileage also he he he

Highlight of the event would be the locations and organizing team! It was just superb and an experience to cherish. Oh and how can we forget the callinova's aka radio's. Vinoooooooooooood.........
Old 20th January 2012, 14:43   #13
BHPian

I think we should have a different page where all the automotive events happening in the country are published. This way more people can become aware and not miss out on these kind of nice events. If I would have known about this one, I would have defiantly been part of it. Sadly will have to wait for one more year now I guess. Mods please take my suggestion in to consideration regarding the notice board for these kind of events.
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 15:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Vinod,

M&M Adventure is on a roll, Lovely pics and great initiative.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Is the Roll-Cage on the Thar CRDe; ARAI & CMVR certified, and lastly scientifically engineered

EDIT- Is it a portable bore well kit for desert expeditions?
Thanks Arka! You must join us for Monastery Escape the coming year. I have realised expeditions are also as much fun as hard core off roading!!

P.S- That Thar roll cage is designed by my colleague who heads adventure. Looks wierd but is purposeful and is built like a tank. Did plenty of yumps and off road with it. Yet to roll it to test it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Where have you been looking Vinooooooooood i had posted in Royal escape page!

Been very busy that i never got on to posting in TBHP, will do it on sunday if time permits.

This one was a family outing, not the typical rough and tough stuff, like say Leh. Even kids were allowed to join in. It was super fun, my first experience in a Scorpio 4x4 and that too on sand!! I got super mileage also he he he

Highlight of the event would be the locations and organizing team! It was just superb and an experience to cherish. Oh and how can we forget the callinova's aka radio's. Vinoooooooooooood.........
people in office too have stopped calling my name properly now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
. Mods please take my suggestion in to consideration regarding the notice board for these kind of events.
Will be a good idea. Else become a fan on facebook page and you get all the updates in advance.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala

Thanks Arka! You must join us for Monastery Escape the coming year. I have realised expeditions are also as much fun as hard core off roading!!

P.S- That Thar roll cage is designed by my colleague who heads adventure. Looks wierd but is purposeful and is built like a tank. Did plenty of yumps and off road with it. Yet to roll it to test it though

people in office too have stopped calling my name properly now!!

Will be a good idea. Else become a fan on facebook page and you get all the updates in advance.
Thanks Vinod. Which Facebook page are you talking about?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks