Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:16   #1
BHPian

Off Road Adventure: 'Raid-de-Bannerghatta'

Hi All,

A friend of mine is organizing the below event. Those interested can get in touch with him and also inform him that you have been referred by Ajay Aravind in T-BHP.

This is one off-road event you all would not want to miss and is in the heart of Bangalore. No need to go on a long drive to reach the off road destination.

OFF ROAD ADVENTURE: 'RAID-DE-BANNERGHATTA'

An off road adventure amidst the Tiger country that will push your adrenaline to the limits filled with excitement and thrill happening at Bannerghatta
on Sunday 8th of April 2012.

This is One of the best tracks in Bangalore 100% natural amidst the Bannerghatta forests.
Entry fee per jeep is Rs.2000 (2 people Max), Rs.1000 per every additional person per jeep/ vehicle, (includes food & beverages). Please call us for any clarifications at the below numbers

Note: This is an adventure event, 4X4 jeeps only. Ensure each of you carry the recovery tools. WALK THROUGH open on 7th April 2012. Limited entries only.

Avinash Rao
87229 12345, 89704 12345

Last edited by GTO : 22nd March 2012 at 16:05. Reason: Removing naked FONT tag
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:33   #2
BHPian

Any body from Tbhp going?

Am planning to go.

Thanks,
Krishna
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:39   #3
BHPian

Re: Off Road Adventure: 'Raid-de-Bannerghatta'

Banerghatta is a reserved area and any kind of activity within is a punishable offence. Also, as a responsible member, I strongly suggest people to stay away from events organized within reserved areas that disturbs the peace of such protected areas.
vinair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:32   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-jay View Post
No need to go on a long drive to reach the off road destination.

OFF ROAD ADVENTURE: 'RAID-DE-BANNERGHATTA'
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Banerghatta is a reserved area and any kind of activity within is a punishable offence.
Hi A-Jay, Right now, I'm in Bangalore, and very near to Bannargatta. Could you please clarify the location, and vinair's question.

Also, could you please elaborate more regarding the event?

Thanks,

Dhanush
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:45   #5
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2012 at 13:55.
A-jay is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd March 2012, 15:51   #6
BHPian

I am planning to go provided its not in the reserved area of Banerghatta.
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:34   #7
Team-BHP Support

Please try to put more information like what format is the event? Trail? Obstacle? Speed?

Any pre-requisite like seat belt, roll cage, helmet? How long is it going to be? Time and distance.

Last time i went to a speed autocross + couple of obstacle kind of event, thinking it was an full obstacle course event, felt like walking into pool party with black tie and blazers
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:50   #8
BANNED

INR 1000/- per additional person makes it look like a money making lottery scheme. Whats the organizers justification for the same?

--Ragul
Old 24th March 2012, 08:46   #9
BHPian

Would SUVs be able to tackle the trail? Really want to bring my lifted Ford Endeavour 4x4 with AT tyres. I dont mind scraping and minor damage. Have been waiting for a trail drive for so long.
Old 24th March 2012, 11:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
INR 1000/- per additional person makes it look like a money making lottery scheme. Whats the organizers justification for the same?

--Ragul
Do they pay part of the money to the authorities (forest department or whoever owns the land)? I am sure some kind of permission is involved.
Old 24th March 2012, 11:56   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Do they pay part of the money to the authorities (forest department or whoever owns the land)? I am sure some kind of permission is involved.
Or maybe its to keep from overcrowding considering its a reserve area.

--Ragul
Old 28th March 2012, 11:41   #12
BHPian

Hi All,

belwo is the response from the organisers:

1. Much before the Nation park was announced, a village existed which is originally 'Bannerghatta', then a part of the forest that prevails was declared a 'Reserve Forest', then converted in to a 'ZOO' and then again classified as a 'National park' / 'Reserve Forest' by the government and please note only the forest range is covered in it and not all the people, village and their lands fall in to the Category!!

2. We want to keep unwanted, unnecessary additional crowd away from the event as this is organized closer to the boundaries of the forest, so Rs.1000 is being charged for additional person and this is the true measure in terms of not trying to create excessive crowd at the venue and also keeping in mind that this entry fee will not even contribute to at least 50% of the events' expenses keeping in mind the quality of food, beverages and facilities we are providing for the participants which one has to see it for themselves. Extended justification to my answer 1, there are commercial sites being sold and it is no where related to the Park area!!

3. Event starts from 9 a.m. onwards, all participants must register before 3rd April 2012 as we have limited entries. Can do a cash deposit with us or a deposit in Axis bank(details provided over a call), a track map and a route map will be sent to all participants prior to the event upon registration confirmation. A walk through / survey of the track is open for all participants on 7th April 2012 from 8 a.m onwards

4. Any vehicle with a 4x4 is eligible for this event including SUVs' such as Endeavour, Fortuner, Prado, Patrol, Scorpio etc with a mandatory 4WD

5. All necessary permissions are in place

for any further queries please send a mail directly to

Avinash Rao
easyaccess.me@gmail.com

Phone number: 8722912345
A-jay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 19:20   #13
BHPian

Suppose I Pay 2000 does that include the fee for Me AND my friend? Or do I have to pay an additional 1000 for him. Not a problem, just want to know.

Thank you for allowing SUVs btw. It's great that I get to participate in events like this with the Endeavour. Will most likely be able to make it. Will confirm with a deposit.

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 29th March 2012 at 19:22.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I too am worried about the same thing. The authorities will try to harrass and try to extort money stating even the land where the event is organized is a reserved area. Seeing many 4X4s in a single place will make the squeezers think of ways to extort money.

We cannot fight with these officials. This is just a work of caution from my side. I pray i am proved wrong
Old 29th March 2012, 20:17   #15
BHPian

This sounds like great fun! Wish I could make it for this event.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks