Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2012, 09:35   #121
BHPian

re: MCUBE - 2012

For those who require accomodation on the 12th night (at your own cost, as stated earlier), please send in your request
If you have earlier requested any O team member who you know in a personal capacity, please resend as insurance

Last edited by genesis : 18th July 2012 at 18:25.
genesis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 09:44   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashoknb View Post
i wish to join this event as a single driver with my mg410 fitted with new yokohama at tyres . request the o team to kindly accomodate me if possible .
Hi Ashok

Thanks for your interest. We are completely full up with most people paid and a big waitlist.

Unfortunately cant accomodate your request this time :(

But then there is an entire season ahead after the event!
Old 30th June 2012, 10:01   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Gogi / Fazal and all - thank you for your gracious offers, let me see, these are also working days for me. Fazal - so, what changes did you do to the Lynx clutch?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 30th June 2012, 12:43   #124

D
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Hi Ashok

Thanks for your interest. We are completely full up with most people paid and a big waitlist.

Unfortunately cant accomodate your request this time :(

But then there is an entire season ahead after the event!
No problem genesis. I would like to know if i could join as a single day spectator in my own vehicle ? No participation in any events, manage my own resources, assist the o team, just to be with the gang and sniff some fresh village air . If that is ok with you.
Old 30th June 2012, 22:32   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Andy,
I agree that, HYD boys has more man power, i cant think of changing are carrying MT tires in my Jeep, in 2010 i drove with Mudzillas from Bangalore, after Belagaum friend tried to apply brake and Jeep turned 180 degree, just don't want take chance,
Viji,
Do as the Gulbarga gang did. Had a lengthy discussion with Matin yesterday. As per him "Mahindra Yuvaraj" brand of tractor comes with 18 inch wheel, whose pcd is 139.7. The tractor rear wheel+Tyre combo costs Rs 9000 (with tube and fits like a glove on the 18 inch rim). These tyres are good for every kind of terrain rock,mud, inclines,slush (they are meant to work in paddy fields). and good on the tarmac too.Plus if at all there is uneven wear, you get to claim warranty (Matin claimed for one tyre). Afterall no tractor company wants to mess with a farmer. As per the gulbarga boy, there is excellant traction. Now need to verify the truth behind that.
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:55   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Participants,

Final reminder for those who need hotel reservations for 12th night, please reach out to us so we can block rooms for you. For details email: mcube(at)mudcats(dot).in

Note: this hotel is not the same one as the one we have blocked for 13-14th.

PS: carry your swimming trunks!

Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones!

EDIT: Dear Behram, blocking a spot for you. You have to come along and show the chokras a bit or two about offroading and meet up with the gang. No excuses! And if you get some heavy weight prototype from the Tata stable for testing, who are we to complain?

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2012 at 12:50. Reason: U = You
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:23   #127
BHPian

Dear Friends,
Although I will not be competing, I will be coming to the event from Kolkata with UBS sir. I look forward to interacting with you all.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
+918805788633
Old 4th July 2012, 15:05   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
Dear Friends,
Although I will not be competing, I will be coming to the event from Kolkata with UBS sir. I look forward to interacting with you all.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
+918805788633
Dear A Ghosh,

You will still need to register for the event like any other passenger.

Kindly complete the registration formalities.
Old 5th July 2012, 15:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the way the event is being organised, its just getting bigger and better by the year i guess. I had the opportunity to participate in 2010 & it was real good. Wanted to get in this year since i got the Gypsy now however had prior plans for the same dates. But since i am going to be in lonavala on the same weekend, i do hope to catch a glimpse of all the vehicles and also hope to meet the few people i know like Imran, Devang, Tejas, Allan etc.

All the best guys. Keep Rocking. Cheers.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 15:44   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Desmosedici.

Some statistics of vehicles (actual numbers mentioned alongside in the legend. Total 50.):

Name:  vehicles.png
Views: 1062
Size:  83.9 KB

Statewise distribution of vehicles (actual numbers mentioned alongside in the legend. Total 50.):

Name:  states.png
Views: 804
Size:  38.2 KB

NOTE: Both the above charts are exclusive of the O team.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 16:35   #131
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Tejas for putting up the pie chart and the numbers.

Sorry guys who could not accommodated this year, really sorry but the above are those, who finished all formalities before you (we did say numbers were limited).

The above pie chart is the total and final number of confirmed participants and (Does Not Include A Single Member Of The O Team) as none of the O team vehicles will be participating.

Hope you guys have all checked your vehicles and are rearing to go. Looking forward to seeing you at the event.

Take Care.

Last edited by V-16 : 5th July 2012 at 16:37. Reason: adding text
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 18:54   #132
Senior - BHPian

Dear O Team,

Thanks for the effort that you have put in, for the event.

The Jeep count has gone up from the proposed 40 to actual 50, as per the figures below. Nice numbers from KA this year.

How many were serious late comers who couldn't be accommodated?

Is the final 'Drivers List' ready for publishing?
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 22:38   #133
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Awesome & meticulous planning underway is obvious. Great effort by all involved, thanks guys. It is nice to see a whole lot of familiar faces in the pic and familiar names in the lists (no pics). Looking forward to meeting all of you again. Pictures of the trail indicate that it is going to be great fun.

Viji raised the issue of support. You just might be glad to know that we have more passengers than vehicles so you could barter a ride for muscle power . On a more serious note, we will have one or two technicians with us who just might come in useful for everybody.

Looking forward to this event.

Cheers,
Old 9th July 2012, 16:54   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Participants,

Looking forward to meeting up with you during MCUBE 2012.

Please note the following points below:

It is mandatory that your vehicle be equipped with working seat belts for both driver and passenger, have mud-terrain tyres or atleast AT/NDMS tyres and a minimum roll bar for vehicles that do not have a 'B' pillar.

Please carry all your medications and a proper recovery gear set which should include tow ropes, shackles and a full tool set.

PS: Swimming trunks for those wishing to relax in the pool after a hard day of offroading.

Please note the itinerary:

Day 1 : 8am to 6pm.
Day 2: 730am to 6pm

Day 1 and day 2 locations are different. Accommodation provided on 13th and 14th night near Day 2 trail. Check out on 15th morning.

- Report at Automission (khopoli) at 8am on 13th July 2012 (friday) for registration. Registration counters will shut at 10am and late comers will strictly not be entertained.

- As soon as you enter Automission, you will be directed to your designated parking slots. Here your vehicle will be scrutinized and you will be given an OK slip.

- Show this to the registration counter where you will first have to sign a mandatory indemnity form.

- You will soon receive another mail which will give you a competition number which you need to quote at the registration counter. This makes registration faster and easier.

- Please note, every member will have to individually complete the registration formality and no group registration by a single person will be allowed.

- After registration, you will receive your registration kit which will contain car stickers. These stickers are mandatory and will have to be applied to the vehicle. One sticker each on either side door and one on the bonnet. For vehicles without doors, one of the O team will guide you where to apply the same.

- After registration, you can proceed for hot breakfast.

- At 10:15am, there will be a small briefing regarding the competitive event for the day.

- We break for lunch at around 1pm for an hour and resume the days activities post that.

- By 4pm we start leaving in groups led by marshals to the accommodation venue which is ~8kms from the day 2 trail. Your group and marshal will be told to you during the briefing.

- There are fuel stations opposite Automission and we strongly urge you to tank up your vehicles before proceeding since we know the quality of fuel there is safe.

- The hotel is approx 35kms from Automission and will take approx 1 hour of driving time.

- At the hotel, you will be park at the designated spot, go to the registration desk and your hotel formalities will be completed there. NOTE: rooms are big and on a quad (4) sharing basis.

- After getting your room key card (only one per room) you set off and park your vehicle near your accommodation.

- The hotel as arranged for manpower to do a basic wash of the vehicles on a first come first serve basis at a fixed cost of Rs. 50 per car payable by you.

- your drivers and mechanics will be accommodated at the hotel @ Rs. 500 per night which includes breakfast and dinner. Payable by you on the spot to the hotel directly.

- You can freshen up and meet at 8pm at the conference hall for the prize distribution ceremony and trail briefing.

- After that you can relax at the pool.

- Dinner and barbeque will start concurrently till 1130 pm only after which we suggest you call it a night since the next day's trail will be demanding and adequate rest is always good.

- Wake up on 14th July 2012 (Saturday) at 6am. Breakfast starts at 630 am till 730am after which we leave for the trail.

- Hope to return from the trail at 6pm and then rest and recuperate at the hotel.

- Check out is on 15th Morning (sunday) after breakfast by 10am.

- Trail dos and don'ts will be told to you during previous night's briefing. Attendance is mandatory.

Other points to note:
- breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided. any other room service or additional orders at the hotel will have to be settled by the participant on the spot.
- reckless driving will not be tolerated.
- please respect the environment and use plastic trash bags provided and carry your trash back to the hotel for proper disposal.
- obey traffic rules and give way to regular road traffic
- only travel within the convoy and do NOT jump the line.

IMPORTANT: decisions of the O team will be final and not open to discussions as regards to safety, skipping obstacles or any other matter that may come up.

Please feel free to contact us for any further clarification.

Regards,

Team Mudcats.

PS:
AutoMission Motorsport is off the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, at Khalapur 4 Kms before Khopoli. It is also connected directly from the old Mumbai-Pune Highway. GPS coordinates: Automission Turn Off Point - N18 49.522 E73 17.732

Strongly suggest you also read:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...e-conduct.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...echniques.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...echniques.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...checklist.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...post-here.html

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 9th July 2012 at 16:57. Reason: added GPS coordinates
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 18:52   #135
Senior - BHPian

Just three days left to go and the weather Gods are working overtime. Great!!

Some of the usual suspects are already in Bombay

Some are on their way and some will be on their way shortly. The entire Mcube O team whole heartedly welcomes all the participating Jeeper friends, some old, some new and the some we are looking forward to make.

Have a safe and great journey to the venue, where we await your arrival!!
V-16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks