Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 22:19   #106
BHPian

re: MCUBE - 2012

Viji,
Last year, I went with AT to both AKC and EXAMM, passed in AKC, but failed in EXAMM. Hyderabad boys had brought MT tyres along with them and put it up on the day of the event. Needless to say that they had many helpers with them for each tyre.

Andy
Old 27th June 2012, 22:39   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Viji,
Last year, I went with AT to both AKC and EXAMM, passed in AKC, but failed in EXAMM. Hyderabad boys had brought MT tyres along with them and put it up on the day of the event. Needless to say that they had many helpers with them for each tyre.

Andy
Andy,
I agree that, HYD boys has more man power, i cant think of changing are carrying MT tires in my Jeep, in 2010 i drove with Mudzillas from Bangalore, after Belagaum friend tried to apply brake and Jeep turned 180 degree, just don't want take chance,
Old 27th June 2012, 23:22   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Genesis,
How difficult to manage the trial with AT tires, planning to Drive with AT tires from Bangalore to event, After a drive of 1000 Km i don't think i can manage to replace AT to MT in Resort.
AT AND your skills will do parts of the trail. But there will be slushy slimy climbs (depends on the rain) which may be difficult (your lockers will help but not be enough)

If it rains heavily then all bets are off. And given our prayers that it should rain, MT would be recommended and we can help you change the tyres!

Could you not ship them on a BUS from Bangalore?

BTW I regularly do 90 degree turns when I brake on my NDMS with a Re 1 area contact patch

Last edited by genesis : 27th June 2012 at 23:34.
genesis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 15:31   #109
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2012 at 12:49.
rahultomahawk is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th June 2012, 15:45   #110
AVR
BHPian

Maybe Viji can sponsor a "Who changes a tyre the fastest" competition and offer some goodies from his stable as prizes

Guaranteed results.
Old 28th June 2012, 16:18   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Maybe Viji can sponsor a "Who changes a tyre the fastest" competition and offer some goodies from his stable as prizes

Guaranteed results.
Hmmm! You're giving me ideas!
Old 28th June 2012, 18:17   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
friend tried to apply brake and Jeep turned 180 degree, just don't want take chance,
Viji Sir, i have enough Experience of turning the other way with NDMS on my CJ, just like Soumya With MT's on my 550, well, the feeling is more secure but surely not as that in ATs. I remember DKG also ferrying his tractor tyres (Speedway i think) in his CJ.
If you want to carry your MTs along, im sure 3 guys could be found amongst us to change your three tyres...the 4th being handled by you
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 10:19   #113
BHPian

Wow! you guys are going to have a blast!

Good show, waiting to see the post event pictures etc
Old 29th June 2012, 13:54   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Tejas, Soumya and all - although I am raring to come (minus my baby 521 this time), I don't think my doctor will allow me as I was on medical leave for some time. I "very casually whiffed" my intentions to attend, to my better half yesterday evening. I saw thick smoke coming out of both ears, a surefire recipe to get right royally hammered! Best of luck guys and enjoy! I'll see if I could drive down at least to the start point.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 14:09   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Tejas, Soumya and all - although I am raring to come (minus my baby 521 this time), I don't think my doctor will allow me as I was on medical leave for some time. I "very casually whiffed" my intentions to attend, to my better half yesterday evening. I saw thick smoke coming out of both ears, a surefire recipe to get right royally hammered! Best of luck guys and enjoy! I'll see if I could drive down at least to the start point.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir! Here is a solution:

Wake up in the morning. Put on a sparkling white shirt, dress trousers, start up the trusty old fiat and tell your better half that you are going for a Fiat Classic Car Club drive to Lonvala.
Once you are at Vashi, call us and we will tell you where to divert.

Your Parsi Colony bawa crew (some of whom are coming) will have to be sworn to silence or suitably bribed with spare parts!
genesis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 15:31   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Sir! Here is a solution: Wake up in the morning. Put on a sparkling white shirt, dress trousers, start up the trusty old fiat and tell your better half that you are going for a Fiat Classic Car Club drive to Lonvala. Once you are at Vashi, call us and we will tell you where to divert. . Your Parsi Colony bawa crew (some of whom are coming) will have to be sworn to silence or suitably bribed with spare parts!
Dear Soumya - good one I say! . Parsi Colony Bawa Crew, are you listening?

There is this irresistible urge to move one of the transfer case levers down, the other one up and then enjoy the experience of the "mountain-goating" abilities of JKC838 (I envy you) and other similar vehicles. I guess this urge in us to off-road is permanent. Nothing gives me more joy. It can never be eroded!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 18:37   #117
Senior - BHPian

Behram Bhai, The CJ-Rcl Awaits you!! I will get it ready in anticipation anyways!!
Old 29th June 2012, 19:28   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Tejas, Soumya and all - although I am raring to come
Sir Behram,

Half the guys are from Mumbai, hence getting there is no problem.
If the desire to drive at the venue persists, you have the Lynx (with a butter smooth clutch now) and many other Jeeps.

'Where there's a Jeep there's a way'.

Missed you last year, hope to see you this year.
Regards,
Old 29th June 2012, 23:48   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hmmm! You're giving me ideas!
No Tejas, something else,,, Our team in Palar own that prize in 2011 palar challenge for best technical team, its actually fastest tire changing without using jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Viji Sir,If you want to carry your MTs along, im sure 3 guys could be found amongst us to change your three tyres...the 4th being handled by you
Thank you Sir,,,,Shams offered his Mechanics support for this tire changing issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
AT AND your skills will do parts of the trail. But there will be slushy slimy climbs (depends on the rain) which may be difficult (your lockers will help but not be enough)

BTW I regularly do 90 degree turns when I brake on my NDMS with a Re 1 area contact patch
Sir
i am planning to drive my MM 550 it doesn't have any lockers, Gypsy is very expensive to bring it to M cube,
Its too Scary of doing 90 degrees in NH,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Guaranteed results.
AVR i like to sponsor some thing else, last time in a event i sponsored third prize unfortunately i am third in that competition.

Last edited by swastikviji : 29th June 2012 at 23:53. Reason: spelling mistakes
swastikviji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 03:03   #120

i wish to join this event as a single driver with my mg410 fitted with new yokohama at tyres . request the o team to kindly accomodate me if possible .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed