Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:54   #16
BHPian

Re: PICS! Mudskipper, Coorg 2012. 4x4 Slush Race

Good Stuff, would have loved to be participants had we known about this.
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow!!.. Great Stuff!!..

Me and Sreejesh were planning to come, but unfortunately, both of our vehicles were not ready. :(

Twinn, if possible could you please share if any of those vehicles had LSD's or lockers? If so, how did they perform when compared to the normal ones?

Also, another question: Any idea how that black cj3b (The extreme right of this pic: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-img_1358.jpg) perform?

Thanks!
Old 4th May 2012, 08:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Twinn, by any chance are those 35"ers purchased second hand from Harish in bangalore? white 540?
Old 4th May 2012, 10:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Wow!!.. Great Stuff!!..

Me and Sreejesh were planning to come, but unfortunately, both of our vehicles were not ready. :(

Twinn, if possible could you please share if any of those vehicles had LSD's or lockers? If so, how did they perform when compared to the normal ones?

Also, another question: Any idea how that black cj3b (The extreme right of this pic: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-img_1358.jpg) perform?
About lockers no idea Dhanush, I suppose the prado had the lockers, but it just couldn't make it to the first climb. I really don't thinks lockers would make any difference in the slush.

BTW only a 2-3 KL vehicles made it throu. That CJ placed 3rd (I suppose) 6 mins and odd was the timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Twinn, by any chance are those 35"ers purchased second hand from Harish in bangalore? white 540?
No Santhosh - We got it imported from Dubai, brand new. Sent throu sealink to Chennai and stayed there for atleast 4 months before it got cleared from customs.
Old 4th May 2012, 11:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
No Santhosh - We got it imported from Dubai, brand new. Sent throu sealink to Chennai and stayed there for atleast 4 months before it got cleared from customs.

Twinn, Congrats on the win and sharing the droolworthy pics. Was this even publicized? I seriously wish I was there to watch the event.

Also appreciate if you could you let us know what is the process to import tyres and what is the approximate landing costs for such tyres in India post customs?
BlackRaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 11:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Twinn, Congrats on the win and sharing the droolworthy pics. Was this even publicized? I seriously wish I was there to watch the event.

Also appreciate if you could you let us know what is the process to import tyres and what is the approximate landing costs for such tyres in India post customs?
Thanks Mate!!!

Secondly yeah it was publicized, but to an extent as the organizers wanted not more that 30 jeeps to participate, due to time and track limitations as it was a days event.

Thirdly I definitely do not know the import process, all I did was to ask a friend of mine to send me a set of tires that he sought was good enough for my jeep and the bugger sent me what we have today. With the help of some close friends in merchant navy and customs I was able to import it to India.
Old 5th May 2012, 08:44   #22
BHPian

Wow!!! This is sheer pleasure for those who love mud / slush and 4 X 4.

BTW, I have only one question after looking at the initial set of pictures posted. How did you all managed to pull out that green tractor?

Best,
R-Six
Old 6th May 2012, 21:19   #23
BHPian

Twinn,

I would like to know more about the 540 on 207 axles, is there a phone number of the guy who owns it? Will be very helpful

Thanks
Andy
Old 7th May 2012, 10:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Wow!!! This is sheer pleasure for those who love mud / slush and 4 X 4.

BTW, I have only one question after looking at the initial set of pictures posted. How did you all managed to pull out that green tractor?
Sheer Man power with good old ropes ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post

I would like to know more about the 540 on 207 axles, is there a phone number of the guy who owns it? Will be very helpful
Sent you a PM..

Most Viewed