Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 12:19   #46
BHPian

History of Land Rover through pictures on it 65th Annivarsary

I came across this link that was sent to me by a friend.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...icture-special

I am starting this thread as I could not find a thread where I could post it. I am sure it will benefit a lot of people here in knowing when the brand came into existence and how it evolved through its journey of more than 6 decades. what models were and are being produced etc...

MODERATORS: Please feel free to merge this thread with any existing thread that you may find suitable.

Cheers

Turboholic

Last edited by Turboholic : 9th May 2013 at 12:20.
Turboholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 22:32   #47
BHPian

Re: Off-Roading with Land Rovers & Range Rovers at Eastnor Castle, UK

I had the opportunity to drive four of JLR's SUV's on their Eastnor testing track last year. The vehicles were:-

1. Land Rover Defender (Manual)
2. Discovery LR4 (Coil Suspension, Auto AWD, terrain response etc.)
3. Range Rover (Air Suspension, Auto AWD, lots of other things!)
4. Range Rover sport (Same as range rover for offroading equipment)

It was my first time offroading and was completely taken aback by the capabilities of these vehicles. First up, i started off with the defender, gear shifts were hard, clutch was really hard, the vehicle was vibrating all over, but the control and capability of the vehicle was amazing. Next, moved to the Disco, a complete departure from the defender, with all electronic trickery, auto box, refined NVH levels and practically go anywhere offroading capabilities! Loved driving the disco, felt completely at home in it.

The Rangie twins. GOD! they were the ones which were most shocking. complete with Air suspensions, which could increase or decrease the ride height of the car based on the terrain, auto diff locks, at tc and the axles, and all sorts of electronics as always, these vehicles literally blew me away in terms of the sheer comfort provided in a track that was full of Mud, water, rocks and what not. It was just a surreal experience driving the two!!

Seeing this thread here brings back such wonderful memories! Hope to do it again some day
asivan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks