Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 04:31   #1
BHPian

Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

The 2012 AKC will not be held around the monsoons in Maharashtra this year as I am out of the country till mid 2013.

Instead the AKC would be held around the end of the year in Jaipur,rajasthan.
Most people who attended the AKC events would remember Mr Ajit Singh who is the father of Abhimanyu Singh and also the main driving force behind the event.

He plans to organise the event with help from the local 4X4 enthusiasts in Jaipur.

We plan to shift the event to Jaipur for at least the next 2 years as we feel this would give the event a fresh perspective and would give us a chance to do the event on a totally different terrain to the western ghats.

Guys please let us know what you think, inputs are welcome.
motocamp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 10:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: AKC Rajasthan 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
The 2012 AKC will not be held around the monsoons in Maharashtra this year as I am out of the country till mid 2013.

Instead the AKC would be held around the end of the year in Jaipur,rajasthan.
Most people who attended the AKC events would remember Mr Ajit Singh who is the father of Abhimanyu Singh and also the main driving force behind the event.

He plans to organise the event with help from the local 4X4 enthusiasts in Jaipur.

We plan to shift the event to Jaipur for at least the next 2 years as we feel this would give the event a fresh perspective and would give us a chance to do the event on a totally different terrain to the western ghats.

Guys please let us know what you think, inputs are welcome.

Hi Kunal,

AKC in Rajasthan is a very exciting proposition.

But the dates have to carefully selected, since post Spetember, Dusshera, Diwali, Guru Nanak Jayanthi, Christmas and New Year fall with in a short interval.

Also a longer event 3-4days will seem attractive to the crowd driving in from longer distances. (Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad/Kerala)

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 11:15   #3
AVR
BHPian

Great motocamp. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Kunal,

Also a longer event 3-4days will seem attractive to the crowd driving in from longer distances. (Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad/Kerala)

Regards,

Arka
Arka,

If you guys plan on driving down, some of us from Ahmedabad can think of organizing an OTR for a day or so in South Rajasthan (Mount Abu/Jodhpur) which has some great terrain too and most likely on your way to Jaipur too!

Would be nice to play hosts for a change instead of always being a guest!

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 16:31   #4
BHPian

Re: Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013

Will be great to participate in it this time, I hope preadtorwheels would also make it to the event this time. Will be following this thread closely.

Also, @AVR - its a nice option to have a small OTR around Abu region as it offers good rocky terrain at places, but wont that be damaging for the vehicles that too just before the big one !!
Old 11th May 2012, 17:48   #5
BHPian

End of the year in Rajasthan, time to go buy a 5 speed gear box and shift to 9/44 . Cant imagine driving the 3 speed all the way.
Old 11th May 2012, 17:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
Motocamp,

can you please brief me about this event? also let me know if any link pertaining to event exists.
Really interested to know what the Alfa Kilo Challenge name signify.

Regards,
Pushkar
Old 11th May 2012, 19:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
...Really interested to know what the Alfa Kilo Challenge name signify...
Please see the first post of the below thread...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...machi-otr.html
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 02:07   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Kunal,

But the dates have to carefully selected, since post Spetember, Dusshera, Diwali, Guru Nanak Jayanthi, Christmas and New Year fall with in a short interval.

Regards,

Arka
I agree Arka,dates will have to be carefully selected and we think a 3or 4 day event would give people a chance to experience the culture and history of the place too.
motocamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 09:42   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Please see the first post of the below thread...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...machi-otr.html
Thanks, got the details.
But am interested in knowing why is it called "ALPHA KILO CHALLENGE"?
Any particular reason??
Old 12th May 2012, 10:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Thanks, got the details.
But am interested in knowing why is it called "ALPHA KILO CHALLENGE"?
Any particular reason??
Pushkark,

His name was Abhimanyu and his handle was "ALPHA KILO".
This event is named so after him...in memory of our Dear Brother, Friend, Jeeper and fellow Member of Team BHP.

This is a very special event that has been held since Abhimanyu's demise, Kunal and fellow members have repeatedly done a great job in organizing it since 2010. AKC's spirit, camaraderie, location, obstacles, experience are second to none.

ALPHA KILO's parents are deeply involved with this event, it is a moment of realization when, they very graciously award you the 'Participation Certificate' with a warm, genuine smile.

Be there to experience the event.

Motocamp,

If it has to be Jaipur, so be it.
Though the distance is long for 3 and 4 speed South India Jeeps, especially while getting back.

Like AVR suggests, a days on the way, varied terrain like in South Rajasthan would be a good idea.

Will be missing you two.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2012, 01:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Pushkark,

His name was Abhimanyu and his handle was "ALPHA KILO".
This event is named so after him...in memory of our Dear Brother, Friend, Jeeper and fellow Member of Team BHP.

This is a very special event that has been held since Abhimanyu's demise, Kunal and fellow members have repeatedly done a great job in organizing it since 2010. AKC's spirit, camaraderie, location, obstacles, experience are second to none.

ALPHA KILO's parents are deeply involved with this event, it is a moment of realization when, they very graciously award you the 'Participation Certificate' with a warm, genuine smile.

Be there to experience the event.

Motocamp,

If it has to be Jaipur, so be it.
Though the distance is long for 3 and 4 speed South India Jeeps, especially while getting back.

Like AVR suggests, a days on the way, varied terrain like in South Rajasthan would be a good idea.

Will be missing you two.
Regards,
I feel very humbled by your post Fazal,this event would not be possible without the support of all the enthusiasts who travell great distances to participate at the AKC.

Hats off to you guys
Old 14th May 2012, 01:44   #12
BHPian

I spoke to Ajit Singh yesterday.

We are trying to come up with dates for this years AKC.

We feel the best month to do this is in December before christmas, as the weather will be very nice this time of year.

Apart from the usual hardcore trail people want and expect, we feel that this year participants who want to bring family along should have incentive to do so.

The Previous AKC events were not comfortable for spouses and children of participating drivers,spotters etc.

The essence of 2012 AKC:-
1.good hardcore Trail.
2. 3-4 day event- 2 days of offroad driving and 2 days of organised sightseeing,fun and time to absorb the culture of Rajasthan.
3.An event for the full family.
4.comfortable accomodation-we think people have had enough of feeling like the french foreign legion
5.good food- A jeeper needs to engage his stomach first..then 4x4.

People to make this event great we need your inputs and suggestions.

The first thing we need to do is finalise the dates.
Old 15th May 2012, 08:51   #13
BHPian

Wow Kunal this looks like its going to be the AKC Spectacular event. This will be a great way to end the year. Best wishes to Abhimanus family and all u guys who will be a part of organizing this event and I am very sure this is going to be the most memorable AKC of the decade. Will be there even if I have to sleep on the sand or in the jeep.
whicked wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 10:50   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest making a base at Bikaner. Some spectacular sand country around and also lots of sight seeing. No rock country though.

Jaipur base can have river bed, rock and also salt lake traverse.

Caveat: Finalize dates very quickly, winters is peak tourist season. Book hotels. Can help get a good deal in Bikaner as we do large group bookings for Desert Storm.
Old 16th May 2012, 02:09   #15
BHPian

Dear Kunal,

Eversince I heard that you were out of country, and will not be back before next 2 years, I was thinking that the AKC will be postponed.

So this is great news to everyone, esp to me who missed last 2 AKC's due to work and other commitments.

As everyone else suggested, please finalize the dates and let us know.

Also remember about the F1 2012 race. Most of the 4x4/Rally/Jeep guys,esp from North/West India will be going to Delhi as F1 Officials.

I don't need to worry about the distance. Because I have a fast highway cruiser cum powerful dunebasher now!

Alfa Kilo Challenge : Rajasthan 2012/2013-thar.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks