Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 20:35   #1

TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping

A bunch of offroaders from Bombay, Alibag and Pune disgruntled with their absurdly mundane and routinely hectic life decided to take a P A U S E.
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-logo.jpg

The "TEAM- Adrenaline" as these recluses call themselves decided to take a plunge down the swollen Kundalika( river) on a raft for a full serpentine 12 km through drenching swirls and swishes and finally settling down for swim.
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-001.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-002.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-003.jpg

The overall experience was simply beyond words. Drenched to the bones by the mercy of the rain gods and the relaxing cold water of the kundalika , all of us had a bhaji-vada-pav-bhutta-tea break.
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-004.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-005.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-005a.jpg

Abhishek and Vijay managed to miss the road and landed far in no mans land and hence couldn't do the rafting.
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-012.jpg

After that the group took their jeeps down for a ride in the heavy rain against a scenic background interspersed with waterfalls. At lunch we proceeded to the exotic Pooja Farms where we were treated with "amras-poori" , chicken masala and what not.
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-006.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-007.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-008.jpg

The bodies relaxed and the minds saturated but the jeeps hadn't enough..they were yelling for some action.
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-009.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-010.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-015.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-011.jpg

The vagabonds,as they maybe, driven with a passion for adventure and offroading drove down 16 km to Vaibhav's farm. Vaibhav Gadkari's farm is a sprawling pristine farm, an haven for a true bred offroader with tricky descends, amazing climbs, slush,water crossing,ruts.
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-013.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-014.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-016.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-019.jpg

The offroading was a hilarious experience. Abhishek tried a heroic climb and winched himself up.. The climb was perhaps a full 50 feet on a slushy base and no one dare attempt it. We hadn't enough and the terrain had more to give , but night was approaching very fast.
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-017.jpg
TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-018.jpg

Our group split..the day revellers left for their homes and the rest proceeded to a fantastic resort, the Z-Bac resort. As the night unfolded, so did our friends. At some point, totally tired and oblivious to the song of the mosquitoes we gave way to merciful sleep.

In the morning, we had breakfast, packed our bags and bid adieus with a promise to come back again...for a better and bigger chunk of offroading.

The Adrenaline rush will continue..watch for TEAM Adrenaline

SPECIAL THANKS TO Vaibhav Gadkari for inviting us to his Farm and Neha Singh for all the splendid photographs.

Last edited by GTO : 7th August 2012 at 17:27. Reason: Rule #11
Mud Slinger is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 10:51   #2
BHPian

Re: TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping

Nice thread, beautiful pics. I am sure you guys had fun. Was this on 4th Aug 2012 ? I am asking because I spotted Soumya's CJ3B - JKC near Vithal Kamat before Karnala on Saturday morning.

It was a delight to see the CJ3B at the break of dawn purring along on a relatively empty stretch of highway.

I was in a hurry to reach Ratnagiri otherwise I would have surely stopped to have a chat with Soumya.
Old 12th August 2012, 14:08   #3
BHPian

Re: TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Nice thread, beautiful pics. I am sure you guys had fun. Was this on 4th Aug 2012 ? I am asking because I spotted Soumya's CJ3B - JKC near Vithal Kamat before Karnala on Saturday morning.

It was a delight to see the CJ3B at the break of dawn purring along on a relatively empty stretch of highway.

I was in a hurry to reach Ratnagiri otherwise I would have surely stopped to have a chat with Soumya.
Hi Sabareesh

It was indeed on 4th Aug. Was in the CJ busy chatting with a school teacher I had given a lift to from Panvel. The CJ reached Kolad and back with flying colors. (touch wood, touch fuel pump, touch carb !)

TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-314396_508924112457254_233587371_n.jpg

TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-182187_504170696266109_1078734333_n.jpg

TEAM Adrenaline - White Water Rafting + Offroading + Camping-399555_504170862932759_442476845_n.jpg

Photo credits: Neha Singh & Abhinav Singh (since i was in the jeep )
genesis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed