Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2012, 20:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kohima Great Escape 2012

Kohima saw one of its best off-roaders battle it out in the picturesque mountains of Nagaland. Check out the pictures of the 98th Mahindra Great Escape of Kohima - the biggest off-roading event of the North-East. Congratulations to the winners Rizat Shishak and Alen Sekhose

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture1.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture2.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture3.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture4.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture5.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture6.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture7.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture8.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture9.jpg

Kohima Great Escape 2012-picture10.jpg
vinod_nookala is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 01:22   #2
BHPian

Re: Kohima Great Escape 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Kohima saw one of its best off-roaders battle it out in the picturesque mountains of Nagaland. Check out the pictures of the 98th Mahindra Great Escape of Kohima ...
Good to see this put up; not least because I'm a hill billy myself! (Dang, cat's out of the bag). Though the sparse commentary/narrative must surely rank as one of the most succinct! Maybe the "biggest off-road event in the NE" deserved a bit more... Perhaps getting a bit jaded from all the M&M "Escapes" you have to organize throughout the year, are you? .

Still, nice to see these pix. Am no "off-roader" in the sport or adventure sense of the term but have huge respect for the 4x4 capabilities of some Jeeps/SUVs/Crossovers, especially in relation to their designed application: pulling you out of a tight spot when 2 powered wheels are simply incapable of getting enough traction, from first-hand experience in the afore-mentioned boondocks, err, Nagaland mountains. NL is indeed Mahindra country, in these dieselized times (Bolero being the preferred transport, with Scorpio a close second); the highly capable Maruti Suzuki Gypsy having given up that title about a decade ago. 4x4s were invented for precisely the kind of terrain/roads you get there, especially in the interiors during the rainy seasons. BD Sir would concur, I suspect.

BTW, was BKY there?
IcarusMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 17:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kohima Great Escape 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusMan View Post
NL is indeed Mahindra country, 4x4s were invented for precisely the kind of terrain/roads you get there, especially in the interiors during the rainy seasons. BD Sir would concur, I suspect.
Dear IcarusMan - thanks. My comment is "not if I can help it"! There is much more capable machinery on a platter "out here"! I just have to do it "one more time"! .

Dear Vinod - the "babies" look really cute. Thanks!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 17th December 2012 at 17:13. Reason: add info
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks