Team-BHP - OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/131405-otr-paragliding-palakkad-off-road-adventures-off-road-extreme-2013-a.html)

Off-Road enthusiasts have reason to rejoice!

Palakkad Offroad Adventures is bringing two adventure sports together. ( Probably for the first time in India)
OFF-Roading and Powered Para Gliding.:)

Off Roading

OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013"-palakkad-otr-tbhp-page.jpg

& Powered Paragliding.

OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013"-ppg-scorpio.jpg

Another event, another exotic destination for you to conquer in Kerala, Gods Own Country.

Off Road Extreme 2013, Malampuzha, Palakkad, Kerala.
Registration 8th evening Feb 2013
Event Date 9th February 2013.

On 9th February 2013 Malampuzha welcomes all you adventure and off-road enthusiasts to participate in it's largest ever event "Off-Road Extreme 2013".

OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013"-event-logo.jpg

Organized by Off-Road Adventures - Palakkad (OrA), a group of passionate off-road enthusiasts with the patronage of District Collector and the District Tourism Promotion Council - Palakkad, "Off Road Extreme 2013" promises to a fun event for those looking to test their 4x4 against challenging terrain comprising of sand, rock, slush and water. The course will surely test man and machine against the scenic backdrop of the Malampuzha Dam.

To add to the fun and spectacle will be Power-gliding and Para-Sailing conducted by our very own licensed Micro Pilot Mr. Sunil Hassan. An expert with over 13 years experience and official trainer to the NCC, Sunil will ensure that the brave and adventurous will get a bird's eye view of the fabulous Malampuzha Dam and surrounding mountains from up in the sky.

So set aside your other plans for the weekend of 9th February 2013 and prepare to be thrilled at Malampuzha, Palakkad!!

DATE : 8th and 9th February 2013

For more information on event details kindly contact
Sherry: +91 9447019991
Sanju: +91 9895199991
Jopu:+91 9745311084

Registration.

For Registration & Payment formalities kindly contact
Pradeep: +91 9961110181
Vivek: +91 9847032804

Registration Amount: Rs. 3500/- per person.
*This does not include accomodation.

For those who wants accomodation, Organizers have made arrangements for accomodation in Hotel Tripenta, Malapuzha for a very nominal rates. See details below.

Accommodation @ Hotel Tripenta, Malampuzha: AC Room @ Rs. 750/- per person per night on triple sharing basis

PAYMENT DETAILS:

Bank : The South India Bank
A/c Name : Off Road Adventures Palakkad
A/c No : 05580 5300 000 8619
A/c Type : SB
IFSC Code : SIBL 0000 558
Branch : Chandra Nagar
Place : Palakkad - 678 007

IMPORTANT: KINDLY EMAIL THE UTR NO. OF THE NEFT TRANSACTION ALONG WITH REGISTRANT DETAILS TO ora.palakkad@gmail.com

For any clarification on registration payment formalities kindly contact Pradeep: +91 9961110181, Vivek: +91 9847032804

Event Details.

8th February Evening (Registration & Check in).

Event date is February 9th, However participants coming from faraway places are requested to be in by 8th evening and register themselves.

There is going to be a ceremonial Flag-Off from Fort Maidan, Palakkad Town to Malampuzha at 4:00 PM on 8th evening. Participants who are already in Palakkad can be part of this ceremonial flag off event.

9 February 2013
Offroading Event at Malampuzha from 9:00 AM 5:00 PM.

Powered Paragliding in co-ordination and support from Adventure Inc.
Along with the event we have organized, Powered Para Gliding in Tandem* with Sunil Hassan - Rs.3000/- per head (* good weather permitting)
Para-Sailing with Sunil Hassan - Rs.750 per head for our registered participants, Rs.1200 for open entries.

OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013"-sunil-jeep.jpg

Night Fellowship @ Tripenta Pool Side : Dinner and DJ (Madhukmar Menon)

--------------------------------------------------------------

FYI:
Registration + Accommodation includes:
Participation Eligibility, Member Kit, 8th Dinner & Stay, 9th Breakfast, Lunch at venue, 9th DJ Dinner & Stay, 10th Breakfast before Check-out.

Registration only includes:
Participation Eligibility, Member Kit, 8th Dinner, Lunch at venue, 9th DJ Dinner

NOTE: Power-Gliding and Para-Sailing cost extra for those interested. Payment for these can be made by cash at the event venue.

See you all there.
For Palakkad Off Road Adventures Club.

OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013"-club-logo.jpg

Watch this space for more details and pics.....

Wow! This is a very good initiative- hats off to the organisers! Nelliampathy, Malampuzha and neighbouring Kava are good places to put 4X4's to the test.I remember some of my friends took a M800 and got stuck in the slush while attempting to do handbrake turns at Kava and was rescued by a MM540 :D!

Great to see this happening in Palakkad. So sad I wont be able to watch this since am not in town during those days

I remember someone from this paragliding club was already a member here at Tbhp. Not active, though!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCaptain (Post 3017732)

Palakkad Offroad Adventures is bringing two adventure sports together. ( Probably for the first time in India)
OFF-Roading and Powered Para Gliding.:)

Any updates? Saw some snaps in fb - not sure whether they are genuine

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallumowgli (Post 3040317)
Any updates? Saw some snaps in fb - not sure whether they are genuine

Hi. I had gone to the event; it was a great success.
The location was splendid with mountains in the backdrop. :thumbs up
Here's a short video of the event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2MflreQyl4

And here's one photo.
OTR & Paragliding: Palakkad Off-Road Adventure's "Off-Road Extreme 2013"-100_0607_ed_low.jpg

There are more photos on facebook.
(Both these albums are marked 'Public' at the time of posting)
Sam Kurian's album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5210959&type=3

Sherry Mukkada's album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4734324&type=3

^^ I too heard it was a "great success" to the Organizers :uncontrol.

Quote:

[b]Palakkad Offroad Adventures is bringing two adventure sports together. ( Probably for the first time in India)

I missed this event:Frustrati. Even though JeepCaptain informed me about this event I could not make it up. I heard this even was successful in all aspects. Location was very nice. Hopefully I can take part in the next!

Quote:

Powered Paragliding in co-ordination and support from Adventure Inc.
Along with the event we have organized, Powered Para Gliding in Tandem* with Sunil Hassan - Rs.3000/- per head (* good weather permitting)
Para-Sailing with Sunil Hassan - Rs.750 per head for our registered participants, Rs.1200 for open entries.

Hi Shibu,

Nice to c Sunil here.....! He is my friend and relative and doing business at Palakkad.