Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 13:22   #16
BANNED

Re: Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
I didn't forget, But I thought no need to point all the break downs of the other Jeeps.

Now I remember Rajiths Jeep was struggling at 3-4 places with enough torque,bhp,OKBJ,PS etc.. what was the reason ? and when Dhanush got steering it climbed like a leopard .
Reason 1.

1)My partner was a newbie.

2)Driving ones own jeep will be different from driving other persons jeep , especially when your engine and gear box are imported !. Mind & heart wont agree to floor the gas pedal and rt leg goes automatically to the break pedal.

Its an emotional thing, some people will understand !.

Dhanush did a great job and steered with out any pain to the machine or to the owner !!.

Radiator fan didn't touch the radiator , it was touching the shroud outer frame making a hissing noise due to heavy articulation on a rock while passing thru a rock and when jeep moved a bit rear , it was ok.

Result-Moving in a group supports each other morally and technically.

Last edited by Rajith : 5th February 2013 at 13:29.
Rajith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 13:53   #17
BHPian

Last time in 2012 BOTR you and Vinay was driving CRDe, this time you two Bought that jeep together for only offroad right ? Still afraid of flooring the pedal ? Why ? afraid of breaking chassis ? axle ? parts ?
Old 7th February 2013, 14:04   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Only one answer sir: Lack of Articulation
Dear Dhanush - I don't agree. I know what we had done in 1996/97 in the midlands area of England on the 105.5" wheelbase prototype Armada. The NGCS MM is the same vehicle with the wheelbase reduced by 10 inches. +55mm offset got born there! .

Dear Rajith - the best thing to happen is to drive a "test vehicle" (you know what I mean). You can "heavy-foot" it then! Personal vehicle offroad? No way!HaHaHa! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 23:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Last time in 2012 BOTR you and Vinay was driving CRDe, this time you two Bought that jeep together for only offroad right ? Still afraid of flooring the pedal ? Why ? afraid of breaking chassis ? axle ? parts ?
I have attended 2 Bangalore otrs with my Jeep and its all about crawling and precision and articulation.

NGCS though bad on rock crawling can be really abused and pushed .

Why stick with the same old Jeep style driving

Sreejesh , just try the Gypsy style with 12 psi on the 12 plys and
Frankenstein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 02:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Sir, Moving in a group has given a lot of advantage , -----
All in the game..
Rajith, you look in very good form, seems like your imported 5X0 is working wonders.

Quote:

Forgot one more thing Rajith's radiator fan was touching the radiator while articulating, but we managed to fix it, that too in the middle of the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post

Radiator fan didn't touch the radiator , it was touching the shroud outer frame making a hissing noise due to heavy articulation on a rock while passing thru a rock and when jeep moved a bit rear
But why did that radiator kissing produce that hissing noise, such extreme articulation? Is your engine position optimized ?

Quote:
Last time in 2012 BOTR you and Vinay was driving CRDe,
Ok, ok, now we have the answers. Can you guys or someone else post the event report ?

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 9th February 2013 at 02:35.
Old 9th February 2013, 11:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

BAOTR2013-INDIA's Ultimate Off-Road Experience

Hi Guys,

First on behalf of the Terratigers, I would like to thank all the Marshals & Organizers for conducting a superlative OTR.

Every year the obstacles and trails get more interesting. The Stay was comfortable and decent toilet made things convenient.

The food especially Breakfast and Dinner was tasty.

14 4x4s from CCR, attended the event.

Day#1 we were given Trail#2 & Trail#3, the obstacles were fantastic and none of them spared a driver with a heavy foot.

Terratigers, TN Off-roaders and friends were 33 Vehicles and counting, and all of us were in one group.

I had the opportunity to drive Suresh Stephen's CJ340DP and Balaji Reddy's Thar CRDe & Vijay's White MPFI Gypsy King on Day#1.

Each and every obstacle was well thought and the trail was superbly marked and laid out, the waiting time between obstacles was negligible, and was more of a breather for soothing frayed nerves.

Day#1 concluded with a bonfire and dinner,and after a long time we were catching up with old friends.

Day#2 Started with a more relaxed note and after the drop-outs the crowd was thinned to almost 50-60% of the vehicles starting out on Day#1.

The Terratigers stated with Trail#4 which had the slush obstacles, which added to the fun and wow factor. The Obstacles were well chosen and very tricky.

The Mud and Rock Climb, dented quite a few egos and any vehicle which was heavy footed.

This was followed by Trail#1 which was a Drive to a Quarry and had very good obstacles, which required precise steering and steady nerves.

On day to I got to drive SIMEX Sanjay MM540XD, Sharvans MM540XD at the mud-Rock Obstacle and my MM540XD towards the nd of Trail#1.

More than Lockers or Articulation, I felt the MRCBT steering to be very advantageous on these trails & obstacles.

Most of two Day, true to tradition, I wasn't driving much, and looking and wonderful 4x4, driving to some of the best off-road obstacle put together in a trail.

A Special mention about two young ladies, Roshni Suresh and Saumya both driving their Papa's CJ340s, did a fantastic job on both the days; the off-road Girls have finally arrived.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 11:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to the BODA team for organizing another successful event.

Heard the track was good, technical and some parts of it were doable by seasoned off roaders. Stay and food was well organized is the word.
TN guys nice to see the numbers.

Apart from the NGCS pros and cons mentioned here, how did the SWB's, Gypsies perform?
Regards,
Old 10th February 2013, 09:53   #23
BHPian

This was by far the most hardcore offroad event I have done and was really meant only for jeeps and gypsys. Throughout the first day of check in I was getting doubtful questions of whether I was going to take the Endeavour on the trail or not and honestly I was doubting whether I would too. Was it worth it? The organizers initially told me that I should participate only on trail 1 (slush trail). The organizers also said that the trail was going to be more open this time so not many chances for scratches, which made me more comfortable.

So the first day of the Bangalore OTR had arrived. I deflated to 25 psi and joined the convoy heading out to trail 2. Did not deflate too low because i still needed the clearance to avoid damage on the Rocks. Just 2 km from the camp the trail started with a tough climb with a diff smashing jewel of a rock right at the top. People were giving me doubtful looks asking if I was going to do it, some were suggesting that I park my vehicle at the start, and only a select few were encouraging me to give it a shot (my Chennai group who knew my capabilities and the capabilities of my vehicle). Besides, all my offroad experience so far and all my vehicle preparation has lead me up to this point. To turn back now and hop into a Jeep would just defeat the purpose of building up a vehicle in the first place! I was in two minds for a long time but at the end, after surveying the climb closely, I decided to do give it a shot! From that point onwards, I did not look back and did every trail but took bypasses if available for the extremely hard obstacles. Loved the trail and was very very impressed with the performance of the Big Ford!

Props to the Organizers, it was an AWESOME event in every way!

Here are some pictures and videos from the event:

Link to Playlist that will play all the video of the Endeavour in Order: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD7BFA073862A88AA

Individual Videos:

Photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-65280_10152460411830006_1133212297_n.jpg  

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-419742_10151388861769310_1405995998_n.jpg  

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-482951_10152460410900006_139429896_n.jpg  

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-photo-2.jpg  

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-photo.jpg  

Endeavour333 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 18:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

thanks folks for your feedback and your experiences on BA-OTR 2013. As mentioned earlier in several occasions, we strive to give you best every year.

BTW, I am not seeing much of photography here. Please post your best shots and videos soon before it becomes stale.

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 12:52   #25

some more pics of the AWESOME Bangalore OTR.
(hope i get the uploading right this time)

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda1.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda2.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda3.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda4.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda5.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda6.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda7.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda8.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda9.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda10.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda11.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda12.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda13.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda14.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda15.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda16.jpg

Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-boda17.jpg
Dr.Spitfire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 20:39   #26

Dr.Spitfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 10:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Vishnu (Endy333) - your lwB is my new inspiration, you beat every obstacle hollow like a light weight CJ Do some work on front bumper like a ironman kit (like ur rear) and you will have much easier approach angle and not worry about damaging the expensive part.
svsantosh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 13:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Vishnu (Endy333) - your lwB is my new inspiration, you beat every obstacle hollow like a light weight CJ ...

I was in his Endy during the BAOTR 2013, and couldnt agree with you more on this. Must appreciate his die-hard/Endeavouring spirit to try all the obstacles possible, giving it a miss only in the extreme cases where the BOA angles wouldnt allow it.
  • Vehicle modified suitably, for off-roading
  • Good off-road driving skills
  • BUT, in my opinion, the most important differentiating factor : he follows the directions of the spotter to the T. If the spotter says "Reverse a little, turn right and then pull thru", he would do exactly that, always watching the spotter for precise instructions. Arcadeep was spotting for him most of the time, and they have a good understanding of each other during the spotting/off-roading.
Blue Thunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 20:19   #29

Dr.Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 04:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post

I was in his Endy during the BAOTR 2013, and couldnt agree with you more on this. Must appreciate his die-hard/Endeavouring spirit to try all the obstacles possible, giving it a miss only in the extreme cases where the BOA angles wouldnt allow it.
Thanks a lot for your comments Senthil, they are very much appreciated. Enjoyed having you as a passenger for the event and as a spotter too when required.

My only wish now is to find others out there with the same wish to take their SUVs offroad like me. Hopefully the SUV offroading here in chennai that we are organizing will pick up fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Vishnu (Endy333) - your lwB is my new inspiration, you beat every obstacle hollow like a light weight CJ Do some work on front bumper like a ironman kit (like ur rear) and you will have much easier approach angle and not worry about damaging the expensive part.
Thanks for the kind words Santosh. Hope you make an awesome LWB too. I have already started working on a front bumper and it is in the process of being fabricated right now at BoltOn Concepts. Here's a pic of the design:
Attached Thumbnails
Annual Bangalore OTR 2013 – Event Report-image2894251644.jpg  

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 19th February 2013 at 04:41.
Endeavour333 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks