Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 12:03   #1
BHPian

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce the Terrain Tigers, a group of offroading enthusiasts which is based in Gurgaon in the NCR region. The group is fast expanding and organises Off The Road (OTR) days out every Saturday. Besides, around 8 organised out station trips are planned and executed each year. The group is the brain child of Neeloy Sarkar and Sanjiv Singh, who have many years' offroading and rallying experience between them.

They say a pictures and videos speak a thousand words, so please have a look at some of the pictures and videos from the OTRs in the past few weeks. The one stop for all further information is http://www.terraintigers.com

Please take some time to watch these videos, they were painstakingly created!

Needless to say, I've had a ball when attending all of these events. Below is a small writeup I did for the event held on the 23rd of Feb 2013 alongwith pictures.

OTR 23rd Feb 2013

The day started off with a meetup at the Terrain Tiger’s den situated at one of the ends of Golf Course Road in Gurgaon. 12pm was the meetup time and the offroaders started to gather. There was an overwhelming majority of Maruti Gypsys. The other vehicles present were the Thar, the Fortuner and a Pajero. Most vehicles were pretty much standard looking apart from the Mud Terrain and All Terrain tyres they adorned.
Once everyone was gathered, the group was led by the founders, Neeloy Sarkar and Sanjiv Singh in their respective Gypsys into the wilderness surrounding Badshahpur in Gurgaon. The track led through some well-reconnoitered mud tracks, some water logged from the morning’s incessant rainfall. The first major obstacle was a ravine with a steep entry and exit from both sides. Needless to say all vehicles managed to conquer it, some with relative ease, others with a helping hand and tips from the experts.
The day had its share of people getting stuck and being helped in getting unstuck- all adding to the fun. The group had a good mix of experienced off roaders to newcomers, both male and female. The ladies too had their fun, whether driving in the muddy tracks or hanging on to a bouncy Gypsy as it tore through the wilderness.
The day ended with a cookout with some great food such as lamb cooked to delicious perfection by Mr. Sanjiv Singh along with Lebanese bread and chilled drinks.
The pictures and the video will do the rest of the talking!
Attached Thumbnails
The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_6826.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_2339.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_2347.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_2352.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_2367.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_2370.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_2366.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_6857.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_6831.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_2359.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-img_2363.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-23388_546165785422942_773107531_n.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-625678_546166338756220_1833053527_n.jpg  

The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs-860747_4052139402237_1399881342_o.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th March 2013 at 19:33. Reason: The Video has been removed as its in Violation of Rule # 11 of teh forum, please read forum rules carefully before proceeding
ashnd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 12:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs

Nice pics, ashnd ! Thanks for sharing !

Just curious ...how did your group decide on this name ?
Blue Thunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 12:54   #3
BHPian

Request the administrator to correct the formatting in this thread. I believe it's due to https instead of http in the Youtube links. I only realised this in retrospect. Thank you in advance.

Blue Thunder- I am equally surprised after looking at your logo! Great minds think alike I suppose! In any case, I shall find out from the group founders as to how they thought of the name. Thank you for looking at the pictures and videos.
ashnd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 13:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and video. By the way, what's cooking there ? Chicken Engine Oil Fry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Just curious ...how did your group decide on this name ?
Not from your avatar, I hope.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 13:26   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Terrain Tigers, NCR : OffRoad Day Outs

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the 4x4 Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 13th March 2013, 13:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnd View Post
...Blue Thunder- I am equally surprised after looking at your logo! Great minds think alike I suppose!...
It is not my logo ...that logo is the brainchild of Arka (ex670c) and team. The "Terra Tigers" is the logo of Jeep Thrills - Chennai, of which I am a member.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 14:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnd View Post
There was an overwhelming majority of Maruti Gypsys. The other vehicles present were the Thar, the Fortuner and a Pajero. Most vehicles were pretty much standard looking apart from the Mud Terrain and All Terrain tyres they adorned.
The third last pic seems to show a land rover splashing thru muddy water. Was there a Landy for the off roading? Its a land rover, right?
Old 13th March 2013, 14:28   #8
BHPian

A Freelander was infact present in this past weekend's OTR. In terms of capability, it's not an out and out offroader, but managed the main sections pretty well. It excels on the road and is full time 4 wheel drive. So a good tourer that will not get stuck in obstacles on the way.

Blue Thunder, I spoke to the group founder and in his own words: 'We consider ourselves tigers and leave marks wherever we go on the terrain, hence the name.' In any case it's good to see Jeep Thrills doing similar activities down south!

The menu for the cookout on the 23rd Feb had lamb curry as the main dish. Last week, there were 'chapli kababs' cooked on site. Simply delicious!
ashnd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 15:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

The naming resemblance between this group and Terra-Tigers was one of the very first thing that caught my attention too, last year, when I first came to know of them. That said, notwithstanding the name, the activities of this group, do deserve an applaud.
roy_libran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 09:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is awesome, have been searching for an NCR based OTR group for so long now. Just dropped an invite on your FB page.
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
This is awesome, have been searching for an NCR based OTR group for so long now. Just dropped an invite on your FB page.
Great stuff Manveet! The Terrain Tigers are currently taking part in the SJOBA rally, but there will be regular OTRs from next Saturday onwards. Look forward to seeing you there..
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:55   #12

For good offroading in NCR go to Northern India Offroad Club (NIOC), For good food go to Terrain Tigers (TT)
Old 6th April 2013, 20:39   #13
BHPian

Here's the video from the latest Terrain Tiger's OTR day out in Gurgaon. Raw unedited footage. There was even a Gypsy toppled over on to its side!

ashnd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff. Hope to join the Tigers in one of the off road adventures soon.

I do have a fully prepared MM 550 purpose designed for such trips.

Best regards

Shahid

Most Viewed