Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 17:07   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Wayanad Annual Monsoon OTR - 2013!

Hi ALL!!.. The Wayanad Annual Monsoon Off-Roading - 2013, will be held on July 12th, 13th and 14th!!...

Organized by The Jeep Club Wayanad, in association with Wayanad Tourism Organization (WTO) on the occasion of SPLASH 2013 (Wayanad Monsoon Carnival)

Event on July 12th (Friday), 13th (Saturday) & 14th (Sunday)

Wayanad Annual Monsoon OTR - 2013!-jeep-horizontal-view2-copy.jpg

Itinerary:

Friday, July 12th

2:00 PM - 6:00 PM : Registration
4:00 PM - 7:30 PM : Vehicle Scrutiny
7:30 PM - 10:30 PM: Dinner

Saturday, July 13th

7:00 AM - 8:00 AM : Breakfast
8:30 AM : Vehicle Line up for flag-off at SKMJ School Ground, Kalpetta
9:00 AM : Flag Off & Offroading.
Lunch will be packed and provided in trail.
6:00 PM : Drive to Vythiri Village
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Dinner and Cultural program

Sunday, July 14th

7:00 AM - 8:00 AM : Breakfast
8:30 AM : Vehicle Line Up for Skill Drive
9:00 AM : Flag Off for Skill Drive (Closed Circuit)
12:00 PM -2:00 PM: Lunch at Cosmopoliton Club, Kalpetta
3:00 PM : Prize Distribution

Event Charges are 5000/- per head. (Registration Details will be posted soon!)
(The charges includes, Kallat Hotel Stay for two days on 12th and 13th, Dinner on 12th, Breakfast Lunch & Dinner on 13th, Breakfast & Lunch on 14th and two days event participation charges.)

Email: info@jeepclubwayanad.com

Saj Raj : +91-98-95-497899
Dhanush : +91-90-48-220020
Sai : +91-94-47-163963
Ramesh : +91-94-47-219495

For Accommodation Details:

Saj Raj: +91-98-95-497899

Related Link: http://www.wayanadsplash.com/

P.S: More information (Bank/Registration Details, Vehicle Details etc..) will be posted soon!

Regards,

Wayanad Annual Monsoon OTR - 2013!-jeep-club-wayanad-final-5-copy.jpg Wayanad Annual Monsoon OTR - 2013!-wto-logo-copy.jpg Wayanad Annual Monsoon OTR - 2013!-wayanad-logo-copy.jpg

Last edited by dhanushs : 27th May 2013 at 17:17.
dhanushs is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 16:05   #2
BHPian

Hi guys, I'm interested in this event but am not sure if my vehicle would be able to cope. Would appreciate some feedback.

Specifications of my vehicle:
Make/model: Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT
Modifications: 2 inch suspension lift, 31" Maxxis Bighorn MTs, Steel rear bumper with tow hook, Ironman Underbody protection, rear sway bar delete.

I'm mainly concerned that the lack of a snorkel might be a problem for a monsoon OTR. Please advise
Old 31st May 2013, 10:49   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wayanad Annual Monsoon OTR - 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
Hi guys, I'm interested in this event but am not sure if my vehicle would be able to cope. Would appreciate some feedback.

Specifications of my vehicle:
Make/model: Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT
Modifications: 2 inch suspension lift, 31" Maxxis Bighorn MTs, Steel rear bumper with tow hook, Ironman Underbody protection, rear sway bar delete.

I'm mainly concerned that the lack of a snorkel might be a problem for a monsoon OTR. Please advise
Hi Vishnu,

The level of water in the river crossings will depend on the amount of rain pouring at that time. . and because of that, we have a bypass for the river crossing in case there is excess water, or for those who do not wish/equipped to do it. Other than that, there will be no water damage, but lots and lots of slush.

Your vehicle will be able to perform adequately, except on some hairpin bends, where because of the wheelbase, you might have to try a couple of times more. And there will be no under-body/paint damage.

There will also be a couple of 'Jeep/Gypsy/SWB only' obstacles which you can bypass.
dhanushs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 14:04   #4
BHPian

Hi

Just finished reading the last years report. I am sure there was great fun.

I plan to participate this time. Hope the O-team would have taken last years learning's and take this years event to a new high.

Here wishing the O-team all the best.

Regards
Andy
Grace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Vishnu,

The level of water in the river crossings will depend on the amount of rain pouring at that time. . and because of that, we have a bypass for the river crossing in case there is excess water, or for those who do not wish/equipped to do it. Other than that, there will be no water damage, but lots and lots of slush.

Your vehicle will be able to perform adequately, except on some hairpin bends, where because of the wheelbase, you might have to try a couple of times more. And there will be no under-body/paint damage.

There will also be a couple of 'Jeep/Gypsy/SWB only' obstacles which you can bypass.

Dear Dhanush,

Thank you for the Jeep/Gypsy obstacles for the Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Hi

Just finished reading the last years report. I am sure there was great fun.

I plan to participate this time. Hope the O-team would have taken last years learning's and take this years event to a new high.

Regards
Andy
This time its new team ,new trail & new track with a lot of slush .

- Sreejesh
sreejeshmp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 21:06   #6

Event Charges are 5000/- per head, is this per person or per vehicle.
per vehicle how many people are allowed.
Old 5th June 2013, 08:39   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you Andy!

Yes, the O-Team is trying best to make the event much better than last years, in every aspect (Track, Stay, Food, Facilities etc...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hksameer View Post
Event Charges are 5000/- per head, is this per person or per vehicle.
per vehicle how many people are allowed.
Hi Sameer, event charges are 5000 per head.. ie, per person. Maximum of 4 people will be allowed in a vehicle.

Will post the registration details and vehicle details shortly.

Till then, a couple of recce videos, when the track is bone dry..

MM550 ISZ PETROL in Recce Mode..

One of the wider turns.

By the onset of Monsoon, the complete character has changed. Will post some videos of those later..
Old 6th June 2013, 10:15   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

All participants are kindly requested to deposit the registration amount of 5000/- per head to the below mentioned account number, and click here: http://goo.gl/zaslT to register for the event.

Bank Details:

Account Name : "The Jeep Club Wayanad"
Account Number : 3256323994
Bank Name : Central Bank Of India
Branch Location : Kalpetta, Wayanad
IFSC Code : CBIN0284208

For Terms & Conditions, please click here: http://goo.gl/T9Sln

Some important points:
  • Cutoff date for the registration is: 5th July, 2013
  • Only 4X4 vehicles with NDMS/MUD terrain tyres and low range gear box are allowed for the event. AWD vehicles with no low range gearbox, are NOT allowed.
  • Seat belts are compulsory. On the 2nd day Skill Drive, Helmets and Seatbelts are compulsory.
  • Roll Cage for Jeeps/Gypsies are mandatory for the event.
  • Self Recovery Equipped vehicles (Winch, High Lift Jack etc..) are highly recommended.
  • Tow Rope & D-Hook (2 Nos) and proper and easily accessible Towing Points in the front & Back are compulsory & mandatory.
  • Alcohol Consumption or even carrying it in the vehicle is strictly prohibited.
  • And, please do not litter. Let the nature be the same.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 22:24   #9
BHPian

Dhanush,

Any videos or pics of recce done in rains / slush?

Andy
Old 7th June 2013, 00:49   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Andy,

Just a couple of videos with me right now. Will try to post more as and when I get hold of 'em.

Old 8th June 2013, 09:37   #11
BHPian

Dhanush,

Is the roll cage mandatory as published in FB post? It will take atleast a month or so to put a good rollcage in place, even if I start yesterday. Please clarify whether B Pillar will suffice for a MM540/550/Thar, as I know many jeeps without one.

Andy
Old 13th June 2013, 13:35   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dhanush,

Is the roll cage mandatory as published in FB post? It will take atleast a month or so to put a good rollcage in place, even if I start yesterday. Please clarify whether B Pillar will suffice for a MM540/550/Thar, as I know many jeeps without one.

Andy
Hi Andy,

We have put up the same as a precaution. It is always better to have atleast a 4 point roll cage. However, as long as you have the A & B pillar you can participate in the event.

P.S: The roll cage might also make you more confident.

Thanks,

Dhanush

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a video of one of our members Land Cruiser exiting the track.

Sreejesh's MM550XD NGCS experimenting and filtering out tracks.

dhanushs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 13:14   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Dhanush,

As your aware that we comes from Bangalore,but our houses are located near by towns of wayand.

We can come to the event ground in the morning and return back to home after the event on both days which will help to us participate in the event and spend late evening with joined family in ancestors home.

So no hotels & frills reqd which will really cut the expenses for the organisers.

Can we have a different price for this set up ?.

Lot of guys are having this question in there mind, that's why i am putting up this query in the forum instead of calling and asking you.

Last edited by Rajith : 15th June 2013 at 13:22.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 14:43   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi Dhanush,

As your aware that we comes from Bangalore,but our houses are located near by towns of wayand.

We can come to the event ground in the morning and return back to home after the event on both days which will help to us participate in the event and spend late evening with joined family in ancestors home.

So no hotels & frills reqd which will really cut the expenses for the organisers.

Can we have a different price for this set up ?.

Lot of guys are having this question in there mind, that's why i am putting up this query in the forum instead of calling and asking you.
Hi Rajith,

We've been getting the same query from local Jeepers as well. Thank you for putting it up here. The price will be same for all participants, irrespective of the stay options they choose.

Let me just give a preview of why this is so:
  • The stay for all participants has been arranged in Hotel Kallat (http://www.thekallathotel.com/) for two nights. We've booked the whole hotel for a lump sum amount for this purpose, so that the participants can get good stay for a cheaper price.
  • The Wayanad OTR is being conducted on the occasion of SPLASH 2013 (Wayanad Monsoon Carnival). During which Wayanad Tourism Organisation will have blocked close to 500 rooms across wayanad for delegates coming in from all over the world. So, participants who choose to stay outside will have a difficult time in getting rooms.
Moreover, I would personally advice you to not miss out the gathering of Jeepers on 12th & 13th as we all jeepers get to see each other together only on few occasions during the year. The dinner on 13th @vythiri village alone will cost us ~750 bucks a person, and additional cultural activity are not to be missed sire.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 17:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Dhanush,

Having gone through your video's, this place must already be a slipping sliding paradise and ten times more tougher than what we see in the video.

Last year missed it as it coincided with MCUBE and this year it is ramadan. Would love to be in this lovely place, the terrain and the challenges it poses, I would love to go through, irrespective of the outcome. Wish you and the O team success and hopefully I would be here someday.
Regards,

fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed