Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:38   #46
BHPian

Re: Seven Fortuners, One Land Rover & Rajmachi Revisited

Video of Monaro stuck and the way he was rescued.

Some flora on the way
Seven Fortuners, One Land Rover & Rajmachi Revisited-31.jpg

Aftermath of the devil's slope conquered and devil's hole avoided
Seven Fortuners, One Land Rover & Rajmachi Revisited-32.jpg

Scenery 1
Seven Fortuners, One Land Rover & Rajmachi Revisited-33.jpg

Scenery 2
Seven Fortuners, One Land Rover & Rajmachi Revisited-34.jpg

Landy #respect
Seven Fortuners, One Land Rover & Rajmachi Revisited-35.jpg

Scenery 3
Seven Fortuners, One Land Rover & Rajmachi Revisited-36.jpg

Video of Manish making choco donuts
Ahmed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 15:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Wow. You guys have made it an annual event now, to go out and have fun at Rajmachi Very nice pics, narration and all the fun!! One day I would like to join you to enjoy the nature over there. Maybe next year! Do you guys get your Fortuners specially serviced before heading out on this annual excursion?
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 08:34   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Wow. You guys have made it an annual event now, to go out and have fun at Rajmachi Very nice pics, narration and all the fun!! One day I would like to join you to enjoy the nature over there. Maybe next year! Do you guys get your Fortuners specially serviced before heading out on this annual excursion?
Thank you W.A.G.7.
I guess now its of a little higher frequency than an annual event till the monsoons last.
No special servicing before the event except the normal service, if due. After the event of course is the good, full, wash - which can be evidenced from Admiral's thread.
Old 21st December 2013, 01:17   #49

I just came across this thread - great stuff and good to see you living a passion. Too many folks buy these vehicles and use them solely for the commute in the city. After over 20 years of driving sedans, i fulfilled a long pending desire to pickup an SUV - I got my fortuner 2 weeks ago.

I intend to use it like you guys do, and hopefully will find the time to do so rather soon, lest i end up like the aforementioned folk!
knganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2013, 09:01   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knganapathy View Post
i fulfilled a long pending desire to pickup an SUV - I got my fortuner 2 weeks
Congrats on your Fortuner !
Where are you based ?What was the on the road cost?Would really like to know what's the price for the 4x4 nowadays.
Old 21st December 2013, 13:01   #51

Thanks dean

I am based in Goregaon (east). The on road cost in Mumbai is 29.26 lacs on road. That includes apprx INR 35,000 worth of accessories that they force upon you. I guess you can push back not that if you like.

That also includes Toyota insurance at INR 94,000 or thereabouts. If you buy it outside it is much less (Tata AIG will give it to you for about INR 60,000). Two dealers refused to sell me the vehicle unless i bought the insurance from them - i could have fought but chose not to.

Having said that I did not compare the features between the Toyota insurance (thru ICICI Lombard) and that offered by Tata AIG
knganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2013, 14:29   #52
BHPian

Which dealer did you go to ?
Old 21st December 2013, 15:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

This is surely crazy and maybe stupid too, but I just wonder if the Nano could have done this trail in this condition. I can see a couple of spots - specially the slush and deep water - where I am doubtful, but the rest of the trail looks inviting.

Of course it would encourage me to know there are big brothers ready to pull me out if I get stuck, and I would probably take double the time to look for the right approach.

Now, ain't that crazy??

And Guderian: Your style of narration is wonderful.
Old 23rd December 2013, 14:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After over 20 years of driving sedans, i fulfilled a long pending desire to pickup an SUV - I got my fortuner 2 weeks ago.
Congratulations knganapathy ! Look forward to your ownership thread. Do join us on one of the excursions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
This is surely crazy and maybe stupid too, but I just wonder if the Nano could have done this trail...
And Guderian: Your style of narration is wonderful.
Thank you for the kind words honeybee.

Yes a Nano can certainly do the trail - as long as it is moves around with Seven Fortuners and one Land Rover !
Old 24th December 2013, 09:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Yes a Nano can certainly do the trail - as long as it is moves around with Seven Fortuners and one Land Rover !
LoL, I did this trail, but in dry weather, along with a WagonR and a Sumo Grande (you know whose!), and it bolstered my confidence in the small car.

I shall keep an eye out for your next trip to Rajmachi. Might want to test the li'l boy with the biggies! j/k.
Old 18th January 2014, 16:57   #56

Apologies for the delay as I was travelling for a few days and then catching up with this and that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Which dealer did you go to ?
I checked with Lakozy, Malad and Madhuban, Kurla. Finally went with Madhuban because the Sr Sales Consultant showed a lot more hunger and desire to close the sale and to help with the exchange of my old wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Congratulations knganapathy ! Look forward to your ownership thread. Do join us on one of the excursions.

Thanks Guderian, and I would love to join you one one of you trips - may be one of the simpler ones to start with. Now, an ownership thread is something I had not thought about, but may be I will get down to it one of these days.

cheers
Old 18th January 2014, 17:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with Lakozy, Malad and Madhuban, Kurla. Finally went with Madhuban because the Sr Sales Consultant showed a lot more hunger and desire to close the sale and to help with the exchange of my old wheels
I checked the price of the 4x4 Fortuner a few days ago and found out that I could easily shave off Rs 64,000 off their price list.
Toyota surely is making hay while the sun shines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks