Team-BHP - Offroading for a Noble Cause - Wayanad Thrills to support "The Palliative Care"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Offroading for a Noble Cause - Wayanad Thrills to support "The Palliative Care" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/143047-offroading-noble-cause-wayanad-thrills-support-palliative-care.html)

Offroading for a Noble Cause - Wayanad Thrills to support "The Palliative Care"-logo.jpg

OFF-Roading for a Noble Cause - Wayanad Thrills to support the "The Pain & Palliative Care Society"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palliative_care

Wayanad Thrills is happy to invite all the offroading Enthusiasts for a Two Day Offroad extravaganza on

09th and 10th of November 2013

This event is a fund raising campaign for the "The Pain Palliative Care Society"
Whatever fund we could raise, whether it is small or large, will be utilized for the people who are suffering and the needy.

We expect co-operation and support from the entire offroading community to support this cause.

Offroading for a Noble Cause - Wayanad Thrills to support "The Palliative Care"-track-will-not-same-anymore.jpg

Event Dates
Reporting and Registration :- November 8th 2013, Friday
Wayanad Thrills Cross Country Drive:- November 9th 2013, Saturday
Wayanad Thrills OFF-Road Skill Drive:- November 10th 2013, Sunday.

Registration Details
--------------------
Rs 4000 per head which includes Two Days of accomodation and food. Registration also includes T-Shirt and Cap.

Bank Details
State Bank of India
Kalpetta, Wayanad, Kerala.

Account Name : Wayanad Thrills
Account Number: 333 723 90751
IFSC Code : SBIN0003035

Registration Form.

Once you do the transfer, please fill in "The Registration Form"( link is attched below) and submit.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HoP...zJltE/viewform

Alternatively you can also send email to info@wayanadthrills.com with following details

a) Bank transfer reference number/ details
b) or deposit confirmation details along with copy of deposit voucher
c) with number of participants

Looking forward to see you all in Wayanad.
Thanks a lot and looking forward your whole hearted help and support for this noble cause.
Wayanad Thrills

For more details and registration please contact :

Pradeep Vasudevan 0953 94 11 555
Nithin Johnson 082 89 87 49 07
email us: info@wayanadthrills.com

Buddy this is hilarious! You say you are going to run amok with your 4x4 machines on vegetation, waste precious fuel for some adrenaline rush and then hand over money from such a event for a noble cause?? Isn't that a complete irony?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinair (Post 3266286)
Buddy this is hilarious! You say you are going to run amok with your 4x4 machines on vegetation, waste precious fuel for some adrenaline rush and then hand over money from such a event for a noble cause?? Isn't that a complete irony?

Vinair, Dear sir, you will understand it only when u have any of your loved ones or dear ones suffering from t

Quote:

Buddy, easy on the holier than thou attitude! There's some offroad event or the other happening every weekend. How many do you know of that contribute all funds to a noble cause?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCaptain (Post 3266225)
Whatever fund we could raise, whether it is small or large, will be utilized for the people who are suffering and the needy.

:thumbs up:thumbs up

And speaking of 'precious fuel', don't you ever go out for a pleasure drive, or a driving holiday? I think we all know the answer to that. Lets take a chill pill here.

The organisers aren't doing anything out of the ordinary in terms of the OTR. However, it's an exceptional gesture that they're donating the monies raised to charity.

Great initiative Wayanad Thrills! Wishing you guys all the very best. Will try to attend schedules permitting :)

Well in this case, I wish to be holier GTO!

Not just off road events, there are a lot of holy events happening in this country, all in the name of charity! Let's start a different thread on the same!

Raising funds through wasteful means is not the best of ideas and I always stand by this! period!!

Quote:

I must confess, initially I had that kind of reaction, but then I thought to myself & subsequently read GTO's post . We need to stop doubting ... throw our glasses away & look at the world in a new light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCaptain (Post 3266352)
Vinair, Dear sir, you will understand it only when u have any of your loved ones or dear ones suffering from t

Rightly said Sir, please go ahead. I wish luck & full support for the cause you have taken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3266370)
Buddy, easy on the holier than thou attitude! There's some offroad event or the other happening every weekend. How many do you know of that contribute all funds to a noble cause?

:thumbs up:thumbs up

Plus one Sir! :thumbs up

Quote:

The organisers aren't doing anything out of the ordinary in terms of the OTR. However, it's an exceptional gesture that they're donating the monies raised to charity.
I see so many "Events" going on everywhere, seen much of the stir they create, so much hoopla , but then frankly, I have never seen entire funds donated for some just cause.

Again, I am Impressed with Shibu's attitude, my dad had been in public service for long & I have seen the ground reality & the need people are in.

Sudarshan

Considering the offroading scenario today , when most other events (organized by so called enthusiasts) are turning out as money making ventures , an event of this kind (assuming that the intentions are good) is worthy of praise.

I am not saying there aren't events organized by enthusiasts for enthusiasts (without hidden interests) , but they are in a minority.

Spike

PS- The very fact when you see people suddenly getting active on social forums is a good eye opener in most cases. Long live viral marketing !

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3266370)
Buddy, easy on the holier than thou attitude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinair (Post 3266413)
Well in this case, I wish to be holier GTO!

Nair, even in a simple act like drinking a 'cola', (which is an act of 'conspicuous consumption' since it is 100% truth that 'cola' will not quench your thirst and hence can be very well compared to Offroading), we are harming the environment (forget about harm to our own body).

So when you are trying to point out that there is a 'contradiction' in having such a rally and then donating money for charity cause, atleast in this case, apart from satisfying their inner instincts, they are doing something good by donating to charity.

IMO, it is in this context, GTO has referred to the holier than thou attitude and in fact you have not answered it. One should cross his heart and answer the question - have we not done anything similar anytime without any 'benefit' to any one.

Have you not had a 'cola' till date, either :thumbs up or Pep:eek:?

- Sai

PS: Nair, I mean no offence. Just thought of sharing my opinion. Sorry if I am wrong.

I think practically every human on earth with the exception of a very select few do things in their day to day life that are for self pleasure and that harm the environment in some way or the other. So that statement doesn't really make sense.

Its like that story of Jesus (I think!) wherein people were about to stone a woman for committing a sin and then he said that only the person who has never committed a sin in his life should throw the first stone !!

Just an analogy - no personal offense to anyone or any religion !

Quote:

dear vinair,

how come it be hilarious ?

Are F1 races,WRC,motocross,go karting championship,Raid De Himalaya,Mahindra great escape leave the big league ahead.Local rallies conducted by motorsports club across india is a waste of fuel,money and effort ?

When it comes to motorsports in India, Its just like people in India including me going glorifying Cricket and on the other hand saying that Football players in India are not performing in international level (are the Indian football players getting enough support?)

As like 4X4 motorsports is only popular in some pockets of India. The effort in organising it is a bit painful too.

Leaving all that behind if some one uses a word charity, a normal man can be phishy because it is India (any thing works out in any name in India).

But before demotivating just look around have you ever seen a kind of this sports for charity and how genuine it is.

Have you seen football matches being conducted for charity ?

I am sorry if it hurts any one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroom666 (Post 3266867)

Just an analogy -

Vroom , thats not a correct example for todays times ... this can be disastrous if taken literally :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3266915)

Leaving all that behind if some one uses a word charity, a normal man can be phishy because it is India (any thing works out in any name in India).

Yes that might be the point he is indicating.

Its not wrong/ unusual if anyone thinks like that, afterall we see all kinds of marketing & brand building these days. Everything is becoming market & money oriented, times are such.

Quote:

But before demotivating just look around have you ever seen a kind of this sports for charity and how genuine it is.

True
We cant suspect everything like this. Let the event be complete & I am quite sure that all the income & expenditure A/C will be made public & the amount of donations will also be made public & the particular recipients names too .

Accounting has become very easy these days if one could appoint a professional to do the job on daily basis. Maybe some one in that field would volunteer for that . Yes I hope everything will be transparent, afterall its not a commercial venture & now its on BHP , people will expect that.

Working in public fields is not easy, so many Qs get raised, so many objections will be there. It happens to good people inevitably.

Beyond all this, when I try to see the track records, I dont see other names & events taking such initiative. This is the very first time I see such effort.

I think Shibu will complete the challenge with the expected transparency, best of Luck to him. Let the offroaders turnout in grand scales.

Sudarshan

All the best with the event Shibu! Soumya and I might join in if possible - will keep you posted!

Guys, There are threads like the one below where all this has been discussed forever! Some learnt/shared from mistakes made in the past and some learnt/shared from other peoples mistakes and then there are the "holier than thou" posts but there is enough content on there and you may continue discussing these issues there!

But it isn't right to fill this thread with topics and posts that question peoples motives and their integrity!

If thinking that one is trying to make a difference by doing nothing and staying away from these activities to support a cause (good, bad, ugly... you be the judge) - Think again...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...and-use-2.html

All the best shibu. wishing you lots of luck and support.
hopefully our team shall be there.

Mod Note : Going forward, lets stick to discussing the actual event (4x4s & the OTR).